H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

What the fuck? When did this rumor start propagating? I play Zangief. :lol:

Never played Bison seriously in my life.

^your user name, had me fooled I guess. You know Psycho (Powa) Josh.

YO U A FRAUD SON!:mad:

lulz

Hmm, always wondered how they approached charge mechanics for this game. Anyone know?

And geez I just dozed off and dreamt of Shuma gameplay. I think that’s a sign to get away from MvC3 stuff for a couple of days.

Meh, I don’t think charge will be too bad in a fast paced game like this. I mean, Guilty Gear had a lot of charge moves and those characters were still super deadly (still mind bottling how May can fit so many charge Dolphins into one combo). Just buffer during air combos and magic series. Izzall good.

Bah, I generally suck with charge-based characters…I was sincerely hoping that Shuma would be a “normal” character. Charge characters worked fine in SFIV, but I’m not sure how it’ll be in a FAST paced game like MvC3. In the wise words of Marcus, looks like I’ll have to “STEP MY GAME UP” if I wanna main Shuma.

Ooh, the guide also said he has an airdash (I think). Gonna verify that tomarrow as well.

Oh mayne, interesting hope its true. This has been a very informative day for the Old One, safe Mystic Smash, new moves in Mystic Ray, and Hyper Mystic Ray. Can’t wait to hear more. Once the game drops it will be a count down to the hour of the Angled One.

I AM DISAPPOINT… charge moves?! BAH! They simply DO NOT WORK in a fast paced game like this! But whatever… hopefully Mystic Bash being a command ability and if Deviltation can lead to shenanigans I will be happy. Very curious how Mystic Beam or whatever it’s called will be like.

Mystic Ray… from what it sounds like… could it be a decent AA? Sounds very Guile Flash Kicky.

ONE MORE THING… about the theme. According to the comments from SRK, they ripped these themes from the game. Meaning that these guys are already on disk… aka we are paying the DLC part for fun since they are technically in there already.

technically IMO at least, i paid for the comic, the steal case and the t shirt. the dlc being on disc doesn’t bother me when i consider the other things that come with the SE.

I’m not paying for DLC because I preordered the SE.

I call myself Psycho because I have a considerable number of mental/emotional problems.

When did psycho stop meaning psycho? :frowning:

When you start hanging out in a fighting forum full of crazies.

Details on the command grab? Does it take health? If so, red or yellow? How much? Can he kara?

As long you can buffer them easily (yo i think of KI charge moves) I think it will be fine.

charg moves worked fine in TvC.

charge inputs in TvC were very short and barely ever got in the way of execution. There were a fair few charge characters, including Karas, PTX and Tekkaman Blade, all of whom were quite strong and effective.

Son of a bitch I dont wanna charge my laser. I wanna spam it.

Oh man, Shuma-Gorath’s theme gets leaked and I am stuck at university the whole day. :mad:

Also, great job with the info leaked from the official guide!

Safe-on-block Mystic Smash is an answer to my prayers.

That downwards-charge new special, on the other hand… Boo! :tdown:

EDIT: I will wait till Jocelot gets us the rest of the info before updating the first post.

Shuma was fine as a charge character in MSH and MSHvSF, and i’m pretty sure being a charge character isn’t the reason he sucks in MvC2.

Another thing about mystic stare is that it’s almost instant to come out. I think a lot of people forget that despite being a charge motion, the actual projectile portion of the move has nothing in the way of startup. I’m sure he’ll still be able to use it to surprise people.