H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Thanks for the vids guys! I’m checking them out now.

No, Nemesis probably won’t be DLC and the reason Shuma is DLC is has nothing to do with rating concerns.

Anyway, back on topic. Shuma looks Mad sexy, i hope we get videos soon.

I disagree, I’ve always loved the simplicity of the move. It was flashy, but not TOO flashy (if that makes any sense). What I always loved was how it honestly didn’t look like Shuma was putting alot of effort into it, which seems in character since canonically, Shuma’s probably the strongest character in this game, period.

My guess from the photo, is that while they’re in the “Shuma bubble” they’re gonna get elecrocuted, or energy shocked or some shit like that. If my guess is right, that’s as far as they should go for “spicing” it up. Anything more might be too much.

LOl!

any way I hope Shuma health isn’t low like it was in MvC2, and Revitalization looks great, hope its still effective.

Agreed, frame by frame I think it’s a little hit or miss (I generally like it though) but I’m sure in motion it’ll look beautiful.

Umm, really? More so than Dormmamu and Phoenix? I knew Shuma was extremely powerful. Definitely more so than like… Surfer, Thor, Strange and most other major cosmic players but i didn’t think he was THAT beast.

Dormammu is to Shuma as mortals are to Dormammu.

^^^ pretty much what Karsticles said. Shuma is HELLA powerful. Might be the most powerful being in the Marvel universe. Maybe. That Monster thing that Galactus is holding back (since that’s the reason noone ever tries to legit kill Galactus) might be on a similar level, if not higher.

Respect to the Gin on unity.

Damn, guess i really know nothing about Shuma. I thought his omnipotent power only worked in his own, home dimension or whatever. Guess not. Oh well, i’m happy and looking forward to playing him regardless.

Man though, seeing this demon make his return also reminds and gives me a glimmer of hope for Thanos. I miss that sociopath titan. I’m not talkin about that MvsC 2 garbage either but rather his old IG moveset from MS that were all but removed. I never understood why Capcom did that. Anyway, if they restored Thanos to his old glory, i’ll bet a lot of people would pick him up. That, and Capcom should take his powerball glitch and actually make it a legit, hyper combo store ability. Oh well, rambling off topic there. My bad. Just miss him quite a bit.

personally i think sentinel looks the sexiest. i have to see shuma in action before i consider him for best character model

Sentinels model is definitely the best I’ve seen so far. Hoopefully Shuma will top that in motion.

OMG…“mystic bash” “mystic splash” “mystic smack” IT’S MYSTIC SMASH YOU IDIOTS!!! >:^(

I’m partial to Dante’s model myself.

Is it just me or is Shuma’s model the only one that doesn’t resemble his art? I mean his texture/how he looks like (obviously the Shuma in the art is the same Shuma in the game). The first time I followed a link to a screenshot of him, I honestly thought it was fake because I expected the smooth Shuma with the spikes from the art (the spikes are there but they’re very subtle).

Just being nitpicky, I know, but other than that I’m very excited for him. I like the dark reddish aura underneath him though; gives him a more threatening presence. I can’t wait to see more new moves from him and his model in action.

I thought Strange described Dormammu as his “most terrible foe”, that at full power no one could stand up against.

^Welcome to marvel, but really Shuma Gorath is the greatest threat next to Zom Strange has ever faced.

And Reed Richards said Spiderman is equal to him in intelligence. Marvel can be silly at times.

Though pretty much what sets Shuma over Dormammu is

1. When Shuma had Strange trapped in some illusions, one of them was an angry Dormy being salty about not being Strange’s worst threat. Strange figured it was an illusion since Dormy is way too arrogant to admit inferiority, but by that statement he was saying Shuma > Dormammu.
  2. Agammotto (a powerful being who is the primary source of power for the Sorcerer Supreme) can solo Dormammu, but needed the rest of the Vishanti (2 other power beings) to banish Shuma Gorath (despite their combined power, they were still unable to permanently put down Shuma).

…And yet, both of these descriptions are putting Shuma’s power in simple terms. Shuma in Marvel is…just completly on his/it’s own echelon.

Ultra Hyped for Shuma!!! Sleep is so hard.