H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Lets not do this thread name shit…

^this, The Name is perfect leave it be.

Hope we get a trailer tomorrow.

Very curious on the image with the Mystic Stare. Maybe its just camera fail but wonder whats the deal with the purple balls alongside the eyeballs. I really hope Hyper Mystic Bash becomes decently comboable this time around! At least so that I can OTG my opponent with them. Also that his non-eyeblast normals have good priority too. Crouching roundhouse looked like a good move but man did the priority on that in previous games was crap!

Also lol@Wesker stepping away from a dashing Shuma… “Yo I can deal with zombies but wtf is this thing?”

I wonder if this’ll be like MSH where Chaos Dimension ends by putting the opponent in an OTG-able state.

Lord have mercy.

My guess is the purple after images are just Added wow effect, to spice it up visually. and lol at wesker.

Yea its a setup none the less, but something better Magneto Hyper Gravitation.

I still haven’t looked at the screenshots yet, but from everyone’s reactions, it seems that he really is as visually stunning as he had been hyped. Capcom!!! <3

He’s heavily textured and has got a shitload of bump mapping, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t do anything to the frame rate.

Ha ha!

God damn, I CAN’T WAIT!!!

If there’s any character I’ll make allowances for framerate wise, it’s Shuma. He’s far too reality shattering to be expected to conform to everyone else’s framerate.

Yes, it just didn’t have any detail before. It used to be smooth bone, like rips nor claws. This is one of my fav things they did with him ; first the flesh seems to melt away when he does it, then it looks like human finger bones now. Could have been smooth bone like original, and most designers might have done it more spine like…but they did finger bones. Sexy ass creepiness. Perfect.

I can see why they may have made him DLC, dodges some possible rating concerns by not having him in the core game maybe. They mentioned they couldn’t have Nemesis because he was too gory, maybe this means down the line we may see Nemesis as DLC.

I can totally see him saying behold for the eye beam both because its something he would say and Capcom is loving throwing us bones like that.

Holy shit is that model beautiful.

The only way that you could improve that is if after you beat someone with that beam, his winpose involves him vomiting out Cyclops

Am i the only one who’s not digging the bump mapping? Sort of wished for a smoother look.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050621055346/marveldatabase/images/b/b9/Shuma_Gorath_001.jpg

I think it looks pretty good actually.

I was actually hoping for a smoother, shinier look, but I think it still fits him well. No complaints here.

Did Shuma have that eye beam hyper in any old games? I’m really hoping that it can hit horizontally and comes out as fast as Shinkuu.

1. Shuma is fucking HUUUUGE. His old cr.HL now reaches the goddamn ceiling. Fuck yeah.

2. Shuma with a beam hyper? Possibly (and preferably) aimable? A legit possibility of him shouting “BEHOLD”? Yes please.

3. Chaos dimension looks great so far, and if it still does the craaaazy damage it did in the past, then were all good.

BEHOLD! MYSTIC STARE!

Oh please, please let this happen!

Because ‘BEHOLD’ was the most glorious piece of voicing in any game ever.

Looking at the screenshot, I’m kinda worried that Chaos Dimension is gonna end up looking as lame as it always has, but now with different camera angles to enhance the lameness.

I hope I’m wrong though.

Please leave, you crazy!. :<