H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

This discussion on hit box/size/reach is retarded. Reach and hit box are unrelated. All characters are actually a single point regardless of size and reach. Often times size effects reach, but they are unrelated.

Looking forward to chaos dimension.

actually, as far as a move actually hitting, Reach and hitbox are Very much related. The animation could look like it has great reach, but if the hitbox is tiny, then the move doesn’t actually have good reach. a moves true reach IS its hitbox. So, if all of Shuma’s moves were to be scaled up (regarding hitboxes), all of his moves would have greater reach, regardless of whatever the animation shows.

and could you clarify what you mean by “all characters are actually a single point regardless of size and reach” ? I dont wuite follow what youre saying.

He who sleeps but shall awaken. has been confirmed.

Now I will buy this game.

I don’t think we’re going to see anything from him or Jill until after the game is out, otherwise people will get all salty about “omfg they had him done and they didn’t put him on disc cuz they rippin off mah fight muneeee!” and other such bullshit.

I read that in Balrog’s voice, complete with echo on KO.

me to… Mah fight muneeeee!!!

Do you suppose they’ll give him new stuff? More specials? Maybe no longer a charge character?

I always thought it was strange that he was a charge character and also always felt like charge characters were automatically at a disadvantage in such a fast-paced game.

I think they can make charge characters work, and I actually feel like Shuma is just the character that could. With enough tweaking, he could be awesome.

There were plenty of charge characters in TvC and they worked just fine. But if he’s going to be a charge character he needs to have some way to buffer his charges during combos and stuff.

yeah, charge characters worked in TvC, but that’s also a far slower game. It does show what a character in Marvel should work off of to be a viable charge character through. major buffs to current charge moves and better ways to buffer them will help all around

who else beside Shuma is a charge character in MvC3?

We don’t know if he’s still one or not. xD

we are assuming he is for the sake of… nostalgia is guess? also, I’m just curious as to how they could make a charge character good, and I wouldn’t mind seeing shuma be that charge character. XD

TvC isn’t that much slower than marvel 3 from what I’ve seen. High level TvC matches are pretty fast. There’s more stuff going on in MvC3 because every single character is shooting projectiles, so it does make it look a lot faster.

Anyway, the reason charge characters worked in TvC is because their charge timers were really small, and could be buffered into combos with relative ease.

<3 Squirrel. (Sometimes) We think exactly the same…maybe.

hmmm. that’s a good point squirrel.

Well, we’ll see once the game is released . Hype.

Also, I think Tekkaman and Alex were the only characters with more than one charge move, which seems to be the way they’re going with MvC3.

I would like to see Shuma’s dashes both be teleports like his back dash was (maybe like Blackheart where he can go different distances) and his forward walk be like his forward dash so he can just crawl under projectiles/beams/etc.

I guarantee if they have charge characters in mvc3 they will have small charge timers, but I hope they have consistent charge timers, since in tvc the amount of charge time was different for every move

so let me get this straight if I buy the collectors edition, I will already have shuma on the game?

No. You will get a download code that allows you to get Shuma-Gorath without paying for the DLC. You still won’t be able to get him until the character DLC is released, about 4 weeks after the game comes out.