H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

…fuk u capcom…

Good god lmao so all he got was nerfs then :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

but still straight down on a ground loop :wink:

People just need to learn some GROUND LOOPS, damn! I’m totally psyched for Ultimate because I can ground loop all day with Shuma. and then I can finish up with a hard-knockdown and OTG Hyper Mystic Smash :wink:

I can to ground loop too, thats fine. I’m fine with Shuma.

learn some ground loops? Those are like mission day 1 combos. They are not his most damaging combos even.

edit: Maybe with the ability to super out of them, but his real air combos can carry 3/4 screen which gives you more damaging options in the corner

Shuma can do ground loops into mystic stare and then into a launcher. The thing about ground loops is that they more or less take the opponent to the corner. Its just not necessarily as strong as his non ground loop combos. Its just that if you dont’ have the right assist comboing into a super can be a pain. Fortunately I have iron man.

Mystic Ray what is your ground loop. You may have a strong one I don’t know.

I do cr.M, cr.H, jc.M (2hit), j.H, j.upH, land, cr.H, tk M mystic smash, cr.H, mystic stare, S, sj.M (2 hit), j.H, S, explosion otg, super.

[media=youtube]b-QLaUj_a6w[/media]

Watch my mid screen loop. It does 250k while grounded, if I add a third spin and one strange gaze it racks up to 290k Add a slam it ends somewhere around 310k. Hardknock down -> Hyper Mystic Smash OTG we got at least 200k tacked on (without mashing). See where i’m going with this? You dont need a launcher. Shuma got a major buff!

Yeah I know how to do group loops lol. You seemed to have completely ignored what I said. That’s neat but that’s pretty much day 1 stuff, no offense xD. Maybe in ultimate you won’t need a launcher, which I don’t really like, but it’s better to do some of his other air combos than the ground loops atm.

mid-screen Ground loops are more my style, but hey whatever works for you! I know all I gotta do is make a simple altercation to my current bnb when Ultimate rolls around and ill be set. :slight_smile:

Didn’t we already know this?

I’m a little confused on the jumping S change. Are untechable knock downs the same thing as hard knock downs?

The changelog says that Captain America’s changing star now performs an untechable knockdown, but when Maximillian demonstrates it in his changelog video, they still have instant recovery when they touch the ground.

[media=youtube]kPdWrNyjoVU[/media]

Doom’s jumping S has been described on the changelog as a hard knock down, which is exactly what is it now.

Are they’re any videos out yet showing shuma hitting a character with jumping S?

Yes. untechable knockdowns are the same as hard knockdowns. A hard knockdown is what every character does after a flying screen finisher where you are left in an immobile position for a couple seconds (OTG hittable). Shuma’s buff will allow him to perform a jump-cancelable loop, finish it with J.S (no launcher) and OTG with Hyper Mystic Ray/Smash or use an OTG assist to pop-them back up.

Its a great buff because Shuma now has damage dealing MID-SCREEN options.
You know how almost every member of the cast can rack-up damage from hyper-combos withiout being in a corner? Shuma can now do that as well.

Also Hard Knockdown timings generally vary between moves. But since Shuma falls so damn fast it’ll probably be very easy to pop up and hyper combo quickly.

Shuma’s ground loops do terrible damage because the mediums scale all the damage out of the combo. What i think will happen assuming new frame data does not allow for new combos, the default combo will be like the combo videos I posted a while back where you do a launcher into j.m into h. mystic smash. land s.m, c.h into 1 ground loop. That way you still get good damage and can combo into super. Of course most of this is still mute since shuma still has terrible priority/manueverability/mixups/optionselects/keepaway.

So optimistic…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Well I see your point, but remember Shuma suffers immensely with even the slightest bit of lag, I would keep his stuff short, simple and to the point.
But you know even though there is a .1% of this happening, perhaps they tuned down his damage scaling.

His priority is Zero-like and his mix-ups are passable. Damage output and maneuverability are his 2 biggest weaknesses.

snadmonkey is very pessimistic when it comes to Shuma for some reason :(. I mean yeah we all know he’s far from top tier but he’s decent.

The thing is, decent doesn’t cut it in a game where Magnus can rush you down and keep your shit away with gravity, and where Zero is made entirely out of hitboxes.

It just doesn’t

Well if you don’t like him then don’t use him, simple as that.
I mean you guys claim to be shuma fans but I mostly hear endless complaining.
Seriously, there is more optimism in the Hsien-ko thread :P.

no there is not… every 5 seconds… every thread I open… there is a hsien ko complaint in some shape or form. Compared to that, we are quiet as fuck. Look mysticray, I like your avatar and all but stop spewing bullshit. Call it being negative, but snadmonkey is right. There has never been a fucking shuma gorath in a tournament except maybe pgorath for a reason. Shuma has huge flaws that heavily outweigh the pros. As a shuma player who has played over 4000+ games with him, I have never seen anything wrong that snadmonkey has typed. If there were more shuma players, the community would actually recognize that he is almost if not on the same level as hsien ko.

Also, he is not on the same facking levels of priority as zero. I play both zero and shuma gorath and saying that is ridiculously crazy. Shuma simply has far range… he doesn’t have good priority. If you’ve played zero, you would know that zero has both because he has a damn sword, and that’s how this game works. Zero’s mixups completely shit on shuma’s. Buster shot is literally a mystic stare that causes the same effect but all you have to do is hold down a god damn button while mashing another button and voila… a mystic stare on demand with more priority than any projectile in the game that is also usable in the air and has a way better angle. Not to mention he has teleports which automatically makes him 100% better at mixups. Shuma has good high low mixups, but he should never be that close to begin with.