H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

They had to of known because Shuma only says “Devitalization” when he blocks a projectile. lol I was wondering how to activate that sound quote anyway

It would be cool if Devitalization absorbed beams. Oh my god that would be so cool.

It would be cool if devitalization was useful

Yeah, that too.

Best Trolling move in the game.

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

UMvC3 guide to shuma:
Step 1: Pick a different character
Step 2: see step 1.

it does
It absorbs 1 durability points of projectile, so it can absorb light disruptor, but that’s about it

I don’t get what his jumping S being “untechable” really means. Does it mean that people can’t roll after getting hit by it or something?

yeah. So now he can OTG off it.

Or at least he would be able to, if it didn’t send the opponent flying diagonally away from him, and if he was fast enough to get over to them.

No that was his problem if he did a launcher combo (which still needs to be addressed).

However, if Shuma does a j.S cold turkey then the opponent will drop straight down and Shuma will be able to get an OTG now. Which is great. I love doing a j.S out of no where because its so fast and the opponent never see’s it coming.

Everytime I come in here I just think of 3 words.

fuk u capcom.

Ooh, then it sounds like that’s going to be his very best buff! Not bad!

Now, if only I didn’t suck at performing ground combos… ;_;

Checking on Comic Vine, I think we’ll be getting Conan The Barbarian Shuma for his DLC costume.

Spoiler

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/68591/2024455-shumaconanforminhell.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3739/157099-137455-shuma-gorath.jpg

As for colors, I predict…

[details=Spoiler]Light green with orange eye

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1652247-hell003.jpg

This one time he looks black

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1153302-many_angles.jpg

[/details]

I had already thought of his Conan incarnation as a possible alt costume, and it would be a great alt! They obviously couldn’t give him the pincers, the legs or the mouth, but they could totally give him that eye, which has a pretty unique shape.

Hmm, I wonder if Marvel still has the rights to that one Conan issue?

P.S.
Light green body, orange eye would be a great alt colour!

Well, Gamespot just confirmed that we’re getting Shuma and Jill on Friday on the Marvel/Capcom blogs.
Figures they’d pick them for that day. We’ll probably get Frank and Rocket Raccoon that day. Nobody will pay any attention to Shuma and Jill. Just as they planned.

So did some calculations and it looks like my bnb for shuma will do about 550k midscreen once I have the J.S buff! :smiley:

Assuming old BnB’s still work. Slight tweaks to frame data could greatly change mystic stare or mystic smash combos. Hopefully we can get something like air magic series into mystic smash into relaunch.

Shuma is gonna be rocking in Ultimate and here’s why.

Do a standard ground-loop Bnb end with J.S (like 330k) relaunch with Wesker’s Samaurai Edge and do some typical aerial shit thats like another 125k land in a corner and do some mystic ray and thats like 175k with scaling. Bada Boom. like 630k.

Or do some standard ground loop midscreen bnb and end with mystic ray thats like 550k.

Although Shuma has a shit approach without an assist he’s gonna be a mini-powerhouse with the J.S buff.
And if that angle thing is fixed in Ultimate he’ll be even better.