Guy Combo thread: Make em say Hya!

Can you combo anything after his qcf+p?

hozonto can only be combo’d in the corner cause it pushes opponents so far…

hozonto or ex hozonto can be fadc’d to ex tatsu / super / ultra

see earlier posts for come corner combos for those you are asking about.

If anyone is having trouble landing j.hk into st.hk is might be cuz of the characters or the animation that the j.hk causes but Ive tried doing j.hp into st.hk and yada yada whatever and also if guys see anything that needs to be change in the first post tell through here or a pm but for right now I havent been able to test things out due to the fact that some ass forgot my copy in there ps3 lol. But I will be back testing new links and crap that anyone wants me to test

j.HP >bushin combo throw > hurricane HK > special DMG 501

I think he meant bushin flip elbow. As far as we know, no one’s been able to combo into that. Only d+mp.

After the QCF+P (command flip) into elbow drop, it has to counter-hit a standing opponent, or hit a crouching opponent for you to be able to combo after it.

So it would look like:

QCF+P(P for elbow drop), cr.jab, st.strong xx medium Senpuu

QCF+P(P for elbow drop), cr.jab, st.strong->st.fierce xx light houzanto

QCF+P(P for elbow drop), cr.jab, st.strong->st.fierce xx Run slide
etc etc etc

Again, the closer you are to the ground when it hits, the easier it is to combo afterwards.

good info… thank you it works

Tried out a couple that I don’t think I saw on the first page.

Crouching:
J.hk->c.lk->c.lp->s.mp->s.hp->(LK/MK Tatsu or Ex Tatsu or lp shoulder into super or qcf+k to mk)

Crouching:
Cross-up J.mk->c.lk->c.lp->s.mp->(LK/MK Tatsu or Ex Tatsu or qcf+k to mk)
The s.mp pushes the dummy too far for s.hp to connect.

Now this is fun, its one of my favorite moves for Guy, it hits alot and I have seen CH come up before now I will really try to punish them.

Just been working on focus punishes without meter for whatever matches we might need super for…

FA3 > cl. rh > target combo/bushin chain > jab hozanto
In corner, you can add in rh hurricane. Does in the region of 390 damage. You might prefer target combo if you’re doing this of a dizzy rather than bushin chain because of extra hits scaling.

And just so everyone know, Guy’s st. rh is GAD LAI. SOOOO much frame advantage, such easy links.

You get the same frame advantage from a CR.hp but have to change up the combo and i think it would be better for level 2 or a level 1 counter hit since the ST.hk wont hit certain opponents

yea i punish as much as i can with s.rh > bushin combo > whatever i wanna finish with

j. rh, df. rh, RH tatsu, super ( Corner only )

570 damage, sadly tatsu puts the opponent in a state where they can be hit by super but not his ultra. Its still really heavy damage though.

Also st. mk combos into MK tatsu, i didnt see that.

idk if its just me or not but i had a tough time landing rh tatsu to super on that one…

however i found a ton easier to lk.tatsu… you get the same height on juggle and you come down faster since you are in the air for shorter amount of time.

the RH tatsu to super is really dependent on your spacing when you do the df. rh if your jump in is really deep it always lands, if not lk tatsu might be a better option. Getting the RH tatsu is worth it though because its great damage.

Loving guy so far, but I’m having trouble landing ex.houzanto fadc U1 in the corner. Seems like you have to do it very, very fast for the ultra to come out in time to hit. I either do it a little too late and the opponent falls under me, or I just fuck up the motion and do ex slide :confused: Any tips to make the motion easier?

Keep practicing. Trust me, once you get it a couple times, it will come to you. I had the same problem. Just gotta be quick with it.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but you can link Guy’s df+HK move after a close-standing HK on counter-hit. Here are a few combos:

close s. HK (CH), df+HK, EX Hozanto (610 stun)

In corner:

close s. HK (CH), df+HK, EX Hozanto, FADC, EX Hozanto (405 damage 750 stun) (this combo is enough to make Seth dizzy, lol)

close s. HK (CH), df+HK, EX Hozanto, FADC, U1 (583 damage 610 stun)

One for Elbow Drop:
Elbow Drop(Not command)>Cr.Lp>4-hit Target Combo>EX Senpukyaku
316 Damage, 380 Stun.

And:
J.RH>Ninja Sickle>Heavy Senpukyaku
272 (may hit Heavy Sen may hit 4 times for around 320), 520 (varies with 4 hits) Stun.

Edit: If you wait until the opponent is almost on the ground and do the Heavy Senpukyaku, you’ll get 4 hits. Not tested on all characters.

Jumping fierce,ninja sickle, hk tastsu, super. does a whopping 598 damage, and doesnt require a counter hit, corner only.you can replace the tatsu with ultra 1, or ex hozanto FADC into ultra 1, but it is a waste of meter unless maybe you only have 3 bars and the extra damage will win the match, otherwise just burn the super, the damage is worth it.