Georgia fighting game scene "Growing our scene is the key "

Not a prob, cool-breeze, is why i asked and waited for a response before acting. As far as the facebook thing goes, I have a bit of a thing about think facebook is several buckets of evil crammed into the back of a closet of terror inside a trailor home of doom. I think I might be allergic…

However, I tend to point people at shoryuken.com every chance I get. Is where I learned the basics of proper fighting game tactics, and is where i recommend people to do the same.

Wise words

Yes, ShinBlanka, I agree, yet the problem is that all these Duluth locals probably aren’t seeing this thread, and that there isn’t a local Duluth venue to meet them in. As such, introducing them to shoryuken is a lil difficult.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not arguing against the call against thread spawning here. Just trying to figure out how some of us Duluth critters could become aware of each others existence.

In any case, I have a bunch friends who frequent a couple of local gaming stores. I can see if they would mind a few people shoving TVs into a corner and trash talking each other. They may be looking to drum up business in a new market. Hopefully will know n a week or so, will post on here if anything comes of it.

Anyway I can get in on the facebook group? I really want to get in on the Georgia scene. Do they still do the gathering at tech?

Yea us “duluth locals” kinda already know our way around the community so that’s why we don’t post up as much. What do you + your friends play zraven?

Quite unfortunately, I only know one person who will jump into MvC3 with me, and no on else is really into anything. Hence why I’m trying to hunt around a bit. Everyone else either hates fighters, isn’t good at them, or is intimidated by them. I unfortunately learned of waba just after it had closed as well.

Personally, I was getting into Soul Caliber 4 a bit, but couldn’t find anyone but online people to play. Ditto for Tekken 6. Fighting games lose something when you can’t BS with the people your facing.

I’ll dig into about anything, but I’m only practiced at MvC3 currently.

NP man, but they should beable to find this thread pretty easy imo.

What is the name of the group and what do I need to do to get invited?

We’re live at Battle & Brew for Mortal Kombat

It was a well done tournament, but I would like to see that even with my lame laptop, that I could help with the online streams.

is there any arcades at all in or near Augusta, GA? im just curious in the scene here because it seems im the only street fighter player around my area but any information on arcades in the augusta area or north augusta, sc area will be much obliged

Wow, this is a thread I never thought I would see…

Augusta used to have a HUGE scene - I don’t know if any of those guys are still around anymore, but your best bet is to try the Georgia thread.

NEW!!! 2012 FRXV Teaser Trailer
Back Away From The Screen!

Congrats to Eddie Mu “FR TooMuchDamage” in getting top 16 in MvC3 at Seasons beatings V. and Pirrelli Trumer “FR ATL_Redd” on getting 9th in MK9 at seasonbeatings v. We are proud of both of you guys for representing at SBV. Also everyone that went up to NC and won all of those tournaments. Great job also. Ga is putting their footprints all over the community these days!

We cannot stop here, next stop is Tension Pulse here in Ga and Annnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd

North East Championships hosted by Big-E aka N.E.C

Finally a trip I can make it too.
Larry Let me know if you and your wife are interested in attending, I will probably be at my aunt’s or my cousins house so the hotel room I have reserved you all can use.

Mortal Kombat Van for N.E.C:
Pig of the Hut
Lord of the Fly
Impact Player ATL Batman
East Point Elite Clint "The Beast"
Crazy 88 Cyusstrike
Beer Guy Ed

Tournament going on in Tallahassee, FL on Oct 29th. Hope to see some of you guys there:

thanks for the offer tray. I want to attend nec badly. I had to goto a class this weekend that my job made me goto! I’ve never been to nec so I really want to not be NAH for that event. I’ll see if the wife wants to go.

FR ATL_Redd is in the top 10 of mk9 players in the world! Congrats to Pirrelli for his great tournament play! http://www.nfgrankings.com/p/mortal-kombat-9-rankings.html#.TpvbEKuSMrU.twitter

can you shoot me a link, i cant see,m to find the georgia thread (im new to the forums lol)

does anybody know of a ssf4ae scene in augusta ga? ive been living here 5 years and it seems as if im the only person who wants to play competitively but as far as i know we dont have an arcade other than level up game center on martinez blvd but im not sure how many street fighter players go there on a regular basis. any info would be much appreciated