Georgia fighting game scene "Growing our scene is the key "

Hello Georgia,

Sorry to intrude, but I thought I would inform/remind you guys that there is a tournament in the Memphis, TN area (Horn Lake, MS) this weekend. It’ll be featuring UMvC3, SSFIV:AEv2012, KoF XIII, and SCV. There’s a minimum of a $200 pot bonus split between the games. This is the T&G Throwdown #2. The last one in September we had almost 40 people.

If you aren’t making it out to Winter Brawl you should def check this event out! The official SRK link is here:

Thanks for your time guys.

Live at Battle & Brew with UMvC3

FunkyP Gaming

Just a reminder that we will be having a Tourney in Tallahassee on the 25th of February. Hope to see alot of you there!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Ffeb-25-2012-north-florida-monthly-mayhem-ssf4ae-umvc3-kofxiii-scv-tallahassee-fl.153844%2F

Thanks for checking us out!

That shit at starzone is weekly I understand. Is this correct?

Wow, this thread is dead. =(

Anyways, good shit to everyone at Battle and Brew’s first SCV tournament. Hoping it will become a regular game and I will definitely be back regardless. =)

bump!! just moved to atl a few months ago…any bb players? and wheres the facebook page?

Yall about to get hit by tornadoes X10…and yall in the severe red zone
check the weather channel fyi

Im in the North Georgia area too add me up and need the link to the fb page

I live in Woodstock, GA. Facebook page please!

Just looked at the results for FR that got posted… Way to go GA!

Hey what’s up guys? Just wanted to stop through and post up the info for the 2012 EVO Midwest Championships (MWC). That’s right, we are an EVO qualifier this year, and are looking to make this the biggest MWC yet!

This year’s MWC will be held in Nashville, TN. Specifically at the South’s premier arcade, Game Galaxy, which is owned and operated by OG tournament player and veteran game collector Jason “DreamTR” Wilson!

All of the info on location, fees, and scheduling, is contained in the tournament thread, so I won’t make this post overcrowded by including it all here:

SRK Tournament thread - http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph…-june-22-24-2012-3-days-of-antioch-tn.152079/

Be sure to RSVP at the Facebook event page - http://www.facebook.com/events/100263760101160/

Also, follow Dream, Game Galaxy, and your Main Tournament staff on Twitter:

Jason “DreamTR” Wilson - Twitter @DreamTR
Richard “SlowJamzMixTape” Smith - Twitter @dbxbeat
Chris “Negro Justice” Brown - Twitter @NegroJustice
Brandon “GoldenOreos” Brocius - @CMK_GoldenOreos
Jonathan “Milln” Conaway - Twitter @DPOnWakeup

One additional note - there are some upcoming TN events in which you will have the opportunity to secure favorable seeding for MWC:

The first is our “Games for Autism Speaks” event that is being held jointly with the Tennessee Chapter of The Modified Dolls. It will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2012, starting at 12pm. Facebook event page here - http://www.facebook.com/events/272080749529275/. Follow TN Dolls on twitter - @TNdolls

The second is an event being organized by our good friend, OG Marvel 2 player, and the hypest commentator in the South, Jose “DGAGodlikeRushdown” Santiago! A lot of you saw and heard him do his thing at Final Round XV! You haven’t seen anything till you come kick it with us in TN! “Memphis Bawse Battles” will take place on May 26th in Memphis, TN. Follow Jose on twitter - @DGAGdlkRushdown; and Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/GodlikeRushdown to stay current on his events!

The TOP FIVE placers at these events will get byes or double byes (depending on turnout) in their respective games at MWC. So, doing well here gets you one step closer to those sought after EVO points!

Finally guys, PLEASE DON’T HESITATE to contact the tournament staff, the arcade, post in the tournament or TN thread, send us smoke signals, carrier pigeons, etc for ANY questions you have. We are here to help and want to make this event huge as it’s the last qualifier before EVO.

Thanks guys!

So in the near-ish future I will be moving to the Macon area. Is there a strong Marvel scene in the area?

While UMVC is my game of choice, I also play SSFIV and I dabble in SfxT.

Thanks.

GGs to CHNchilla89 in KOF.

Hey guys I am from south eastern, TN and I was going ask if anyone wants to play KOF XIII, SFIV, SFXTEKKEN, or ST hit me up. After playing a few people in Georgia, I have determined that you guys have a better connection with me on Xbox and GGPO then most of the TN guys. My tag on Xbox and GGPO is the same as my tag here on SRK. Feel free to pm me to get in touch.

I

I’m not sure about the Macon area.

News coming soon about a new ranbat system held in Atlanta, GA. Stay tuned!

For those of you interested we are having a tournament in Memphis,tn on the 2nd of june and we’d love to have any of you come on down and show some support and help the community grow.

Here’s the link:[Jun 2, 2012] MBB (MEMPHIS BAWSE BATTLES) -WE RULE KANG! COME GET... (memphis,tn)

Games to be played are ae,sfxt,umvc3,kof13 and soul caibur v

IceMan is a fraud, and if i lived in Ga i would expose him and take his money.

Don’t let him hear you said that lol

I know three people there who play Marvel. If you have a Facebook account I can direct you to them.

So … where’s this madd-tyte ATL Facebook page?