Georgia fighting game scene "Growing our scene is the key "

How can I join this facebook group?

Hi everyone. New here in GA from Houston, TX. I am in the NW area of town and play UMVC3 mainly, but every now and then I like to go back to CvS2 etc. Been interested int trying out the new KoF since I hear it is a decent game. Anyways, just wanted to know who I should know and what events I should go to to get UMVC3 practice in. Trying to prepare for FR if work permits it and EVO too.

In Marietta we have Battle and Brew Marvel monthlies, the next on should be the 19th.

On fridays down at GaTech we host gatherings with a variety of various fighting games, we even bring out CvS2 occasionally!

Thanks for the info.

seriously… where is this facebook page?

live at BnB with UMvC3

FunkyP Gaming

Ok, guys F3 is only 24 hours away. Hope you are ready…
12noon til 4pm. Free Event.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/270761536310323/

I’m currently staying in ga and been here for 3 years for college reason and never knew that their was a scene down here like this until a couple days ago but I did hear about battle and the brew. I also will try and attend every tournament possible. But the one that will be in the Weston ill be their for sure.

So who won BnB?

1st: Eddie - TooMuchDamage
2nd: Tauseef - SumChinaKid
3rd: Rolando - Seph

What school do you go to?

Is anybody in the Savannah area holding casuals or interested. Me and a friend go to AASU and need something closer than Atlanta to help level up

P.S. I am pretty sure there is no more savannah Bi-weeklys

Westwood college in midtown…

Hey, i am looking to see how i stack up against good players. I live in the augusta area and i was wondering if anyone out there knows if there is a scene going on right now or around here. Anyways, if you can help or want to play, please reply back to me!

If there is a scene up there I wouldn’t mind driving two hours let me know if so

-blows the dust off the thread- Glad to see it still works.

So far, i havent heard about one, but i do stay on the lookout! It seems that the majority of the community is up at UGA or Atlanta. But,hey, something is better than nothing!

Hey has anything come from this. I wasnt aware there was a center in augusta. Maybe we could set up some casuals with some locals.Easy to practice and get to know the community!

Augusta has a decently sized seen with a few very strong players. I believe you are in the facebook group, so get into contact with Jacob Smith/Heavyweight. He typically organizes the gatherings in Augusta.

I go to UGA and our scene here isn’t very impressive. About 4 of us are very active, though we did just meet a couple new guys. I’m interested to see why you think UGA has a large scene or if you know people up here.

Also, anyone in the Atlanta area please try to come out to this tournament on saturday [Jul 14, 2012] Atlanta Revival: All Teams Tournament! 1-28-2012 (Atlanta, Ga.). It is a team tournament but come out and get casuals/meet new people/introduce yourself to the scene, etc. Also, this Thursday there is going to be a AE tournament at a bar in Marietta called Battle and Brew. Check that out too.

So is there a scene in the Gwinnett area? Its really a hassle to drive all the way to BnB

Also, any guys here go to GGC? Theres about 3-5 of us who are usually playing Marvel there