Evo General FAQ

I have a question about this part:

Are custom arcade stick allowed?
Yes as long as they are not wireless or hacked.

I have a tvc madcatz stick and I want to change it to a gamecube stick using a original gamecube pad. Will I still be able to use it for tournament play? Sorry, I don’t know what is meant by ‘hacked’.

I know my question has probably been answered like a million times, but I have a certain condition.

I’m a really new (SSF4 is my first fighting game) player to the scene, I am terrible, but I absolutely love it.

I have never been to a tournament and EVO 2010 seems like it would be a big start.

A couple things that make me getting there and details very important, number 1, I live in Canada, so it’s a ways to travel, number 2, I’m 14 years old, and won’t be able to stay in Caesar’s Palace.

All of this works out fine, I can stay at an alternate hotel and such, but I am wondering a few things,
I am very new and very bad, so competing in the tournament would be a complete waste of money as I’d be lucky to score a hit.

I want to go to do a few things:

1. Watch great players do what they do best
  2. Meet cool people who also like fighting games, and can teach me some things
  3. Participate in some fun matches with players better than me, so they can teach me and for lots of fun.

Can I do so without registering for the Tourney?

Yes…spectating/playing in casuals is free.

Okay, thanks for the help, I just wanted to double check before blowing a huge wad of cash. I can’t wait!

wait so wireless controllers arent allowed? like i couldnt bring my ps3 controller to play there? does this mean i need to use an arcade stick?

As long as it’s wired.
But like Ponder said…they are still discussing the controller rule.

I don’t know if my roomate is booking at Caesers, but is me being 19 going to be a problem if I’m not booking?

Nope. You just have to be 21 to get a room. Otherwise, as a guest, you are good.

Thanks Pablo. So I get to room with the legendary Guru.

Last I checked, MadCatz fight pads do not use the PS3 bluetooth, but instead a wireless dongle (much like the T6 wireless sticks)

By hacked, I believe they mean like a programmable pad. Mods, I believe, are fine.

And you get to teach the not exactly Legendary Dan.

I have another important question:

what is the schedule like for july 11? (i know it’s not set yet, but does anyone know from past experience?)

will the day be concluded by 6pm or something?

the reason i ask is whether i can book my flight back on sunday night? in that case i dont need to take a day off on monday and I don’t need to book one more day at the hotel.

thanks in advance

ssfiv will likely be last and will end around 11pm

im going to vegas to gamble so im definitely entering the SSF4 tourny. but im new to this huge fighting game scene such as EVO. it just so happen the day i planned on going to vegas and this event is on the same days.

so a few questions:

im going to be using a d-pad controller, are those provided or do i bring my own?

if theyre provided, i read on an earlier post on this thread that theres EVO controllers, are they similar to PS3 controllers?

button mapping means i can adjust my buttons right?

has there ever been a d-pad control using grand champion in previous EVO SF4 tournies?

is there a official time schedule for the SSF4 tourny yet?

and, are players called out randomly when the tourny begins or is there a time schedule we can look at? what if im late and missed my name due to whatever reason, can i be replaced into later bracket?

thx.

Hey guys! Will there be something like an official EVO 210 site with videos from the event ? I really doubt, I would manage to watch every match, of every game I would like :bluu:.

If i understand correctly, i can bring my DS3, sixaxis, fightpad if i bring my USb wire, that i used to charge(feed? sorry i’m french) the battery .
Can we drop off the USB wire after the synchronization?
Or must I use non-wireless controller like Fighting commander3 ?

Is there any pre tournament party where we can freeplay,before friday, at the caesar or somewhere else ?

I booked my room at Caesar’s Palace for 3-4 people with the rate of $179 + tax (12%) so $200.48 is currently pending on my credit card. But I want a room for 1-2 people now with the rate of $149 + tax (12%) = $166.88.

I called Caesar’s Palace and they said that they can’t change my reservation and that I’d have to talk to the EVO coordinators. Who’s organizing EVO and how do I get in contact with them?

Can we have a finalized consensus on the controller issue? Specifically, for TvsC I know that a lot of people use the Classic controller and it pretty much is wireless since it plugs into the Wiimote. On top of that, I don’t see anything wrong with using anything that is wireless for the Wii, since for TvsC only two controllers can be registered at any given time.

A thread with what is and isn’t allowed on every console would be really nice.

Seconding this, I’m not even affected by the controller issue, controllers just seem to be the basis of most EVO questions.

yeah TvC shouldnt be a problem with classic controllers and wii wireless. It is more of the ps3 we are worried about. We will allow it all for TvC.