Electric-Trouble

I hope you hear something too, but from what we’ve experienced in the past I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Aaaaaaaand to no one’s surprise, 24 hours have elapsed since my inquiry and no response from BJ. Any bets on whether I get a response within 48 hours?

“Improve communication” indeed.

I have 2 guesses. Either he doesn’t respond within that time lapse or he responds saying your stick will be shipped later then the date he had said before.

I would be fine if he said “Guys I’m only on #5 out of the first 18”. Because at least we would know whats going on. This “ignore everyone forever til my inbox swells” is nonsense.

Just sent him an email to see if he will respond. I want get my stick for a while because i am after ol-18 but it is concerning that all the people before ol-18 are still waiting. I would like to think that the delay is caused by a large bag log of work and not malicious intentions

He just updated the site.

He posted an update on his site. It’s weird, the few times this has happened I think that I’ve been acting like an asshole about this whole situation. Maybe I have, I guess it’s because I’ve never payed this much on the internet before and it doesn’t help that it was a site that didn’t have a lot of reputation, either. I hope you guys get your sticks soon.

looks like it will be june before i get my stick.

Wonderful. Another quoted timeline missed.

I was quoted that my stick would ship in approx. a week and a half. This coming weekend marks a week and a half since the time of that quote. Now his website says that orders past OL-006 can expect their sticks to begin shipping next week. Looks like you were right, Flux.

I can’t begin to tell you how frustrating this experience has been.

eh, I just emailed him asking for a refund. I just ordered a TE from Gamestop.

Grats for being able to obtain one (for a reasonable price)! When I had filed a dispute with Paypal asking for a refund I didn’t get a response from him for four days so I escalated it to a claim Tuesday to hopefully speed things up.

…making the arcade sticks he has to deliver apparently. I mean, you can expect him to work every waking hour (in fact that is pretty unhealthy). Not only that he WAS working at the tournament. All of you people who are this angry that you can’t be realistic about the situation need to just cancel and move on.

It has been a while. If he was missing the buttons and joysticks which is quite understandable given current circumstances, I don’t see why the boxes and pcbs couldn’t be completed one by one while he was waiting. There are what 18 orders roughly, he could have completed the boxes and the pcbs and just spent a couple of hours connecting the parts and shipping them one by one when they were ready.

off topic but did they catch that ninja burgler on staten island?

They are never catching that ninja burglar. He’s been at large for almost two years now. When the statute of limitations runs out in a couple of years you’re gonna see him on a CNN special gloating about it

first impressions are everything.
this aint a good way to start off a business lol.

I’m guessing no one has gotten a message of shipping confirmation yet?

guess not lol.

It’s kind of hard to not believe that this was a scam at this point. BJ has not responded to neither the dispute, nor the claim that I had opened on ebay asking for a full refund and saying that I would be happy to pay again if he’s still working on these. He hasn’t said anything yet, therefore Tuesday (the end of the 10-day window that the seller has to respond) Paypal will take action. If even Paypal is unable to refund me this was a genuine scam that got many people by feeding off of the SF IV hype to get some cash.

I text messaged him (after someone said it was the quickest way to get in touch) and he responded in 4 hours saying that he’ll refund me tomorrow.

2 days later (today) he hadn’t done it, so I text him again and responded almost immediately saying he’ll take care of it now. A couple of minutes later, I had my refund.

You can call it bad customer service, but it’s not a scam.

Here’s the text and my Paypal for those still in disbelief:

Text:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/SmashAdams/photo.jpg

Paypal refund:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/SmashAdams/paypal.jpg

Just call him up. That number IS listed as his customer service number.

I received my response from BJ today regarding the paypal dispute. He is switching to a new check out service when he reopens. He was honest about the situation and resolved it.

I believe you guys will get your sticks. As for me, I’m just making my own. Should have done it in the first damn place.