Electric-Trouble

Err should i be worried? I just checked my paypal account and my history says i have made 0 transactions in the last year. i already got an order confirmation from electric trouble and the money has already been taken out of my bank account.

Has **anyone **in this thread received any email correspondence from BJ since, say, April 22nd? I’ve sent 4 emails and have received no replies. A period of five days, including the weekend, in which there are still no email replies? What is going on here?

Wow… I really don’t want to worry, I don’t want to think this is a scam or anything suspicious like that because I really NEED a stick! BJ has various pics of finished sticks on his site and apparently there was a user who had recieved a finished stick box on the custom stick thread. Maybe he has a genuine problem with communication, some sort of problem or something…

Edit: Oh, and dude, did you file the Paypal claim?

here is something to enjoy while we wait for our sticks…

http://www.youtube.com/user/iplaywinner

its a couple of vids of BJ playin sf4!!!

maybe he’s playtesting them all, haha.

Yes, I filed a claim.

My 5th email to ETAC/BJ is as follows:

I can’t tell you how frustrating this has been. There is no excuse for this non-existent level of communication for a business.

Yeah, I’ll probably do the same thing as you if there’s no significant update. My final day is Monday so I still got some time left. I’m still surprised that none of the sticks have shipped yet. Not even one.

And there are also no pics for the supposedly finished sticks on the site.

t.bang, re.REMIX, and others that fall within the first 18 orders:

Seriously, speak the heck up. Has anyone received an email reply and/or shipping notice, or any correspondence whatsoever from BJ since his April 24th update?

I have been sending him emails since the 22nd (six in total). Today marks the 6th day with absolutely no response/correspondence from BJ.

Wow. You guys got scammed.

Well. Maybe you’ll get your sticks, cuz he can’t get away with that much ridiculous. But even still, it will have been a long ass wait, where your money coulda been spent elsewhere in the meantime.

^^Yeah, now I’m pissed. It’s been 6 freakin’ weeks that I’ve been wasting my time waiting for this when I could have gone somwhere else to get my stick. Now I’m definetly going to get a refund and order from a more reputable source, probably Arcade-In-A-Box, and then I’ll have to wait another goddamn 9 weeks to get my stick! This is bullshit, and my expectation of this being a scam has definetly rised. I advise those of you people that haven’t passed the 45 day limit for a Paypal refund to get one immediately before he has no obligation of giving you a refund any longer.

How the hell am I the only amongst the original 18 orders that’s stressing about this? It pisses me off that my only recourse is this thread because BJ will not respond to my attempts at communication via email.

t.bang, re.REMIX: Did you guys receive emails or any correspondence on your stick? If not, what is going on with you two?

The only explanation for this level of radio silence on BJ’s part is that he’s been seriously injured and/or dead (god forbid, for his sake, not because I want my stick), or he’s scamming us.

I placed an order on March 20th, so I’m rapidly approaching the 45 days. I have no idea what my order number is… Was yours e-mailed to you? I’m going to call him on the Paypal contact phone number listed, but I heard phone doesn’t go a long way… I understand a lot of this is probably personal, and I’m sure this is just too big an undertaking for him. I would just like to make a polite withdrawal from the transaction if I am not going to be contacted back. Hopefully that will work.

Not on a rampage, and I’m 99% sure this is by no means a scam. Poor guy is probably way over his head with personal things combined with a lack of parts and such.

I don’t necessarily think this is a scam either. The guy has a professional looking website, he’s posted his pictures and that of his team on it, he has Youtube videos of him playing SF4, he mentions which arcade he plays SF4 at, and so on.

Still, this is goddamn 2009. People should not be waiting six or more days just to eceive a reply to inquiries. If he’s not injured and is well, then this radio silence is inexcusable. If he is indisposed at the moment, have his team-members answer the damn emails.

I payed for my stick on march 12th and am order OL-026. I am confident I will receive my stick and this is not a scam… I am over my 45 days, but I’m not stressin over it. Yes, his communication is poor, but he is probably working as hard as he can on our sticks (at least orders 1 through 18). The only thing that irritates me is that when I ordered the wait time was 4-5 weeks and now I have been waiting close to 7 weeks with no stick coming to me anywhere in the near future… Oh well, guess that time was too good to be true…

Yeah, the order information was supposed to be emailed to you when you first ordered. Maybe it ended up in junk mail?

I still have my doubts as to this being a scam since he really does have a nicely organized website and has images that makes it seem legit. What you say is probably more feasible since it is a lot of work, especially without parts. But remember, he hasn’t shipped one stick yet. Not one! That’s pretty unbelievable if you ask me, especially since he confirmed that he got the parts like, a week ago.

And even if there was a good explanation for that, he hasn’t replied to the many emails that were sent to him. Jayblahx sent him several emails since the 22nd, the last update on BJ’s site was the 24th. I’m pretty sure he’s alright…

I haven’t sent him any emails recently, I have mostly just been waiting patiently. I am also a student who just went thru finals hell week so I can understand where he is coming from, although, I do agree that communication is always a positive thing for a business.

As to what I am going to do, I am simply going to continue to wait. I also believe that he is swamped with life and as such has been unable to work at the rate he was initially hoping to, and is not trying to scam people. As evidence of the legitimacy, I sent him a wireless controller and received my paypal payment quickly and accurately when I ordered the stick in earl-mid March.

Perhaps by mid-May if nobody else has received their sticks, I will start considering pursuing some other options such as cancel payment, etc. but as for now, I am of course excited to get my stick, but I am in no particular rush.

Yeah I didn’t get a confirmation e-mail or anything. I paid on March 20th and my last e-mail from him was my estimate I received on March 11th. I figured it would be automated, but I haven’t gotten a thing. I think I might open the Paypal dispute and then wait it out and if I hear nothing after the 20 days I’ll cancel. I don’t want to, but if I don’t hear anything for 65 days after placing my order I figure it’s time to give up.

Oh and to answer your questions more accurately JayBlahX, I received return emails from each that I sent to him, although I have not sent any in the past few weeks. Also, didn’t he say at some point that there were some health issues? I may be imagining it, but I thought I read it somewhere (even in this thread maybe?).

It’s not a scam, he just bit off way more than he can chew. There are so many ways we can get our money back and the fact that there are people who have been here for a while who know him personally and there’s so much info on him.

I’d be able to get my money back even after the Paypal dispute limit?

I’m not too sure what to do anymore… Really, I feel like if I don’t do anything before Moday (the 45-day limit for me) then I’ll have lost $240… Why doesn’t BJ post pics of some of the sticks he had claimed to finish?

Edit: Reading some of these, it seems like some of you are in denial. Or maybe I’m just going crazy right now.

And re.Remix, it’s just recently that the communication problems has been this bad and I don’t think he mentioned anything about health problems in this thread.