Electric-Trouble

any of the guys who received their sticks have his address?

Well, I tried sending a PM to one of the electric trouble members, and heres what i got:

Hey man,

I haven’t seen him lately since he’s been trying to catch up with orders but I do know for a fact he’s working his ass off trying to catch up. I’m sorry about the lack of communication but he was sick one week, and i think that slowed him down a bit. But I’ll vouch for him he’ll never rip you off for your money. Once again thanks for being patient.

Edge

lets hope this is the case, which I do believe cause him ripping us off hasnt made sense based on his actions, (having refunded several people and having sent sticks out to several as well) lets just hope he updates his site sometime soon.

I know that he has been working his ass off. He hasn’t been going to any Street Fighter tournaments/events and possibly ranbats in northern California for a long time now and I’ve heard from many people that he’s trying his best to get you guys your sticks while dealing with many hindrances such as parts delays, lizardlick being one of them if you all remember that time where no one got their stuff for over a month.

So yeah, I know that he isn’t taking your money and I hope you guys get your arcade sticks soon.

the same old story in the past pages “WORKING HIS ASS OFF” , what’s next he’s a nice genuine guy, next sorry for the lack of updates i’ve been having “family problems and personal issues”

kandiman, everything that I posted is true. At the last tournament he was at (the last one he decided to go to because of the business) which was in early April, he was there crimping and fixing wires for PCB’s. The shoryuken user, Sleazoid was there too, which he mentioned a couple pages back. BJ was the guy who fixed my stick so I could use it again in a mini CvS2 tournament that time. From what Edge and other people were telling me, he also stopped having his weekly ranbats at his place in order to catch up on work. I wanted to go to one today, but it was cancelled.

I do agree he took on more orders than he thought he could have finish and he’s taking more time than what some of you guys would have wanted, but I know for sure he’s not taking your guys’ money and he has been working hard. I also agree that he should reply to your guys’ emails, if the mails aren’t offensive.

So yeah, he’s not a scammer. nuff said from me.

You know, all it takes is BJ coming on here and telling everyone what’s up every couple of days and things are fine.

He came on SRK to advertise himself, and got a lot of business because of it.

If he wants to make good on his promises he needs to be here explaining himself and giving people updates.

well you know you/we should stop defending the man, how about BJ personally update us with his status or even beter answer some emails from buyers, it only uhhhhhhhh takes 2minutes to say hi wassssssssup lolz

I already said my piece on what I thought about BJ. And I do agree that he needs to stay in touch with you and his buyers a bit more since there are many concerns about the sticks (me skimming the thread right now).

Well, we all hope BJ delivers those sticks that people have purchased and are still patiently waiting on…

please explain why he is so behind on refunds.

huh?

how would i know, im in the same boat as you. obviously hes having some issues that none of us are aware of.

if i had to guess, i would say hes maybe at the point that if he starts doing refunds, hes going to have to eat the cost of all the materials hes already purchased, so instead is just gonna give you your stick.

we havent heard ANY type of updates since may 21st, i for one at this point would much rather have the stick than the money, ive gone this long without it, and waited this long, ill be damned to turn around and order from AIAB and wait another 3 months.

i’m glad to hear hes still working on them. is it acceptable that its taken this long?
absolutely not, but at this point its better than thinking you were just ripped off instead, which i dont believe. hes refunded at least 5-6 people in this thread, and who knows how many other people that just never post on here.

well he can easily send the parts for my stick back to the supplier to get his money. So i fail to see how he would have to eat the cost.

Well lets see, first theres the wood, which after hes cut and drilled it is not likely to be returned. next we have the wires and whatever board you may be using for a PCB, wether its a chthulu with an imp or anything else. lets say he bought 25 sticks at once, after all hes building multiple sticks so logically he would order more than one at a time to recieve the bulk discount, so returning just 1 out of the say 25 may not be an option. now theres the artwork, im sure he pays to have your art printed so its nice, cant return that either. then there is the time spent doing the labor, cutting,drilling,wiring,soldering, etc.

bottom line, if you want a refund, you should get one period. But you should have a grasp as to what goes on with stick building. sure, somebody else will most likely buy your stick even if its completed, so hes not technically taking a loss, but the difference may be that he cant afford to find another buyer, might have bills due now that he needs the money for, i honestly have no clue.

read between the lines, looks like about 50% if not more people in this thread want a refund, after buying materials, hes obviously spent some of the money people have given him, and it would appear this is his sole source of income, im sure refunding is no longer a good option for him. the fact may be that he doesnt have any money to refund ay longer, but has what he needs to fill orders and so perhaps he is taking that road.

Ya BOTTOM LINE, IF YOU WANT A REFUND YOU SHOULD GET ONE PERIOD nuff said

said speculating and making excuses for this mofo, yeah there’s costs with materials, but from what i’ve seen from the customers who did receive their stick it looks cheap and nasty.

This is BJ :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

kandiman have you made a stick? Wired a PCB? Solders wires? no, then STFU.

This is the reason why I don’t want to go into the business of stick/cabinet making. Too many whiny customers that can’t do without this type of services but have absolutely no understanding for how long some of these things take and think that it just takes 15 minutes to make. Especially when parts that you wanna order for your custom stick are on backorder.

I never met the guy, no clue if hes scaming you or trying his best to get everything out ASAP. But checking back on here every day to give you an update which will get buried and deal with these complaints are taking away the time that he would be spending on making your stick in the first place. Not to mention that there would be nothing to update if he’s waiting for parts to come in.

kandiman have you made a stick? Wired a PCB? Solders wires? no, then STFU.

I have never been insulted in my life till now lolz

You don’t even know me mofo so STFU 2, yes i have wired a pcb and soldered wires duuuuuuuuuuuuh, quick to jump the gun are we MR ShinjiGohan lolz

in that case make your own stick instead of buying it from someone else.

Well in that case i never bought from BJ or anyone else, MR ASSUMPTIONZ lolz

I’ve just been following this thread from day 1 mofo :wgrin:

well i asked for a refund before he even started work on my stick. So why can’t he just get a refund for the parts and use the box for another stick ? It’s not like i waited untill the stick was halfway finished then asked for a refund. Also i haven’t even sent him any art yet. So the only thing he may be put out on is the wood. I’m really not sure about the return policy of his supplier. At this point though i would let him keep the 28 dollars for the jlf if it would atleast get me a partial refund. Not to sound cold but i really don’t care about his bills. We all have them but thats no excuse to scam people. I mean if he would just email me and say hey buddy im broke could you wait till i get my next paycheck or whatever for your refund i would have no problem with that. His approach though has been to ignore me over the last month.

Barring some sort of tragedy, I don’t think there’s any excuse for the lack of communication. if people who kinda-sorta know him can drop in here to defend him for a post or two, so should he since it’s his rep on the line and he did come here to advertise his service. This isn’t a monster mega thread like the lizardlick one and not everyone here is a douchebag, I little communication would allay most people’s fears.

Blaming the parts shortage for the delay is also dubious. Presumably he’d ordered parts a long time ago and if his arcade parts were delayed for a month was his local wood supplier delayed also? You can make the boxes without all your parts. Doing a dual mod for my hrap3 took me something like 8 hours being slow and careful, yeah I suck at it and it was my first time, if he’s no better at it than I am he still should have completed more sticks by now.

Even lizardlick who have been burried under orders have gotten through and delivered most of their back orders, so i’m not buying that he could still be waiting for parts unless he was ordering them piecemeal.