[driver release]Hori Fighting Stick 3 on PC

It’s been a while but I thought I’d follow up on this post. The Hori Fight Stick 3 works perfectly out of the box with Windows 7 x64 RC. (I Have an Intel-based motherboard, I hear AMD ones don’t play nice with this stick if you play on using it for PC)

Anyway, it’s a decent stick. It came with a plastic covering over the art part of the stick which quickly came partly off but it feels much nicer without it on anyway. I’m going to build my own stick now :smiley: Can’t keep passing the stick back and forth when playing people, I hate going back to the damn PS3 DualShock controller from this!

Thanks man I just got a Hori FS3, came home tried it with GGPO and I was like nyooooo what do I do, but kraal and SRK saved the day.

Great work, kraal. Thank you.

If someone has a FS3 and plays Akatsuki… could you please PM me with how you got it to work? I am able to press button, just can’t use joystick to move :frowning:

First of all, thanks, your patch really saved me when I was using Windows Vista.

But now I changed to Win 7 32 bit and wanted to ask if there’s any chance to get the driver to work there.

I always get the "this device cannot start. (Code 10) error.

and no the stick doesn’t work plug and play at win 7 atleast not on my PC.

if any of you guys have any tips I’d really appreciat it, I don’t want always to reboot to vista just to play some SF.

thanks.

also getting the same "this device cannot start. (Code 10) error. " Kraal’s driver worked great on XP. Any word on a driver update for Windows 7?

FYI using a Early 08 macbook pro.

I had this same problem,it turns out the solution was in the readme.Instead of selecting the game controller entry in device manager,You need to use the usb hid device below it that correlates to the stick(if its hard to tell which is it,try unplugging then plug in again and see which pops in),then do the update driver,blah blah,from there.Hope it helps.

@imfninja - on my windows 7 - the hardware ids are no longer visible from the device manager tree as they were in xp. to see the hardware id you have to click on the “details” tab on “HID-compliant game controller” and then select “hardware ids” from the drop down. From that point there is no way to configure the driver for just that individual id. Am i missing something here ?

You should see a device entry in device manager just below hid game controller called usb hid device.Is it there?If so,update the driver from that entry(if there are more than one unplug the controller,check the id(s) for the ones still present,then replug it in and see which wasnt there-thats the stick).The problem was just that if You click the update driver button in the properties for the game controller entry,it fails,so do it from the usb device one instead.

The driver helped register my FS3 on my laptop (thanks OP btw) when it didn’t before, but I noticed that my square button isn’t working on ePSXe. It registers a button press when I test it at the properties menu, but for some reason it doesn’t work when I try to map it. Anyone able to shed some light on this matter? Thanks in advance. =D

EDIT: Nvm problem solved. THANKS AGAIN OP.

The 0.4 driver doesn’t seem to work with the machine at home running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Any one know how to make it work or should there be a new driver for it? Thanks in advance.

Kraal Quick Question, in have a pc and im plannign on buying the FS3 too, but will it work for my pc?
my specs are: Vista 32 bit
AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual Core QL-60
Will it work? thanks for the responses.

I’m running w7 64bit, and I don’t think this works with it. :[

Mine works on Windows 7 64bit. Just plug n’ play.

Not working for me on Win7 x64 Pro unfortunately. Using an Intel i7 processor as well.

Bump and request for a x64 driver please.

^^ I second that request, but being the impatient person i am,i 'd probably would have switched to Win 7 x32 by then :smiley:

I’m hoping for a Windows 7 x64 driver as well.

the thing with this stick and win7 is I have 3 different PCs that all run win7, 2 I’ve put together myself, one laptop. On all 3 of them, upon plug in, the stick is recognized, drivers installed instantly. But only 1 of the 3 PCs can detect any sort of input for it. So I don’t really know, it just comes down to luck I guess.

It’s been ages since I haven’t looked at this thread, sorry about that.
I’ll elaborate again a bit on the 64-bits versions of Windows. MS was deeply concerned about the stability of their OS in the latest versions, so they enforced digital signature for all drivers, to avoid BSOD due to badly coded, third-party drivers, which was almost always the case.

Refer to this page How to Use a Playstation 3 Controller in 64 bit Windows 7 and Vista that explains how to modify your OS to install third-party driver, but be conscious that
1/ it can cause stability problems
2/ it is a security risk.
(well, same as the old situation, so be responsible with what you install)

Let me know if their driver works for FS3 on 64bits Windows. I cannot test this nor resume work on a driver for the moment, as I would have to borrow an FS3 to do so.

I would imagine that the fs3 is much like the ds3, it all depends on your motherboard. Some motherboards are plug and play with ps3 controllers, some aren’t.