[driver release]Hori Fighting Stick 3 on PC

Hi SRK community

Having recently bought a Hori FS3, I was a bit disappointed not managing to make it work on PC.
So I took rale’s “fs3drv”, debugged the driver install, and re-packaged it for your pleasure (no other driver needed) :

http://perso.numericable.fr/geraud/fs3drv-0.4.zip

readme.txt inside, everything provided as-is. :rolleyes:

EDIT : 32bits version.

OMG finally someone made a driver for FS3

well as if it effected me, i don’t own one

FINALLY!

Im going to test this out right now.

UPDATE:

IT WORKS!

yo, someone sticky this thread.

BTW, THANKS MANE!

Well, I hope it will be useful to most, so I’ll bump this, until it gets added in a stickied post :slight_smile:
I also need users’ feedback ! As previous fixes were working on a per user basis…

Awesome work.

It works!! Oh my goodness it work!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

It isn’t working for me right now but it is because I can’t install the driver. It keeps giving me an error. I am on Windows Vista… I think the computer has some locks that don’t allow me to install foriegn drivers.

are you the admin of the computer? that might be why.

if you have Vista 32bits, this ^^

then : it is a 32bits driver. It is supposed NOT to function on Vista x64 if it is what you have, and this OS is not known to have drivers for exotic hardware. Is your HFS3 not working with Vista x64 Microsoft stock drivers ?

Finally : The driver is not signed, and that is why Vista x64 will not allow it, even as administrator. What you have to do if you want to load such drivers is :

Open an elevated command prompt

type ?bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS? without the quotes (and no the DD is not a typo).

Please note this is insecure.

Thats wierd I been using my Hori FS3 for like 6 months, vista found the drivers itself lol

Yeah, I am the admin of the computer and it is vista 32bit, but iunno why I can’t install the driver. I chose to continue with the installation even though the driver is not digitally signed and afterwards it says there is an error with the driver. With rale’s regular drivers, it still says it is using the driver even though it had an error installing. With the new repacked ones, it rolls back automatically to the windows ones.

I dunno wtf is going on.

Yes, for most users, Vista stock driver works with the HFS3. Problems were happening with 2K/XP.

@Hisham : could you copy/paste your error message here ?

Thanks man. Now fighting stick 3 works on my xp machine. My vista home 64-bit still doesn’t work, it says incompatible or something.

shameless bump !

Alright, my bad for not checking this thread in a couple of days. But here is exactly what I do.

1. Download the driver, and move the .inf, and the .sys in the corresponding folders (.inf in the c:\windows\inf, .sys in the c:\windows\system32\drivers).

2. I go into device manager, find the USB Human interface device which coresponds to the fighting stick.

3. Hit update driver > browse for driver > pick a list from my computer > Fighting Stick 3 (kraal).

This is what comes up:
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fs3errormsgut5.jpg

I have no clue why it is saying I don’t have the files. I do, and I followed the readme instructions too…

I think i have figured it out. Vista just fucks up the driver path during installation. This can be seen in C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log
So what you have to do is check in this log file where Vista was looking for the .sys file, which is most probably in C:\Windows\inf , although it SHOULD have looked in C:\windows\system32\drivers (where all the .sys files happen to be, eh…)

If it is the case, just copy the .sys file in C:\Windows\inf , delete the one in C:\windows\system32\drivers and do the “update driver” part of the readme.

Try it anyway if there is no log file.

If it works, please post feedback here, and I’ll update the readme.

hey i was wondering if u could get the sixaxis drivers to work i cant seem to get them to work

Didn’t work. Here is the log for the update I tried (last entry in that log file). I can’t seem to pinpoint where it looks for the .sys file.

>>>  [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - USB\VID_0F0D&PID_0010\5&2AFE9C1A&0&2]
>>>  Section start 2009/01/05 23:33:10.912
      cmd: "C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe" C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
     dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI} 23:33:10.920
     dvi:      No class installer for 'USB Human Interface Device'
     dvi:      Default installer: Enter 23:33:10.937
     dvi:      Default installer: Exit
     dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI - exit(0xe000020e)} 23:33:10.951
     ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard for USB\VID_0F0D&PID_0010\5&2AFE9C1A&0&2}
     dvi:      Set selected driver complete.
     dvi:      {DIF_SELECTDEVICE} 23:33:12.592
     dvi:           No class installer for 'USB Human Interface Device'
     dvi:      {DIF_SELECTDEVICE - exit(0xe000020e)} 23:33:12.610
     inf:      {SetupCopyOEMInf: C:\Windows\INF\oem10.inf} 23:33:14.200
     inf:           Driver Store location: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf
     inf:           Published Inf Path: C:\Windows\INF\oem10.inf
     inf:           Opened PNF: 'C:\Windows\INF\oem10.inf' ([strings] <src=oempath>)
     inf:           OEM source media location: C:\Windows\INF\
     inf:      {SetupCopyOEMInf exit (0x00000000)} 23:33:14.323
     dvi:      Searching for hardware ID(s):
     dvi:           usb\vid_0f0d&pid_0010&rev_0100
     dvi:           usb\vid_0f0d&pid_0010
     dvi:      Searching for compatible ID(s):
     dvi:           usb\class_03&subclass_00&prot_00
     dvi:           usb\class_03&subclass_00
     dvi:           usb\class_03
     inf:      Opened PNF: 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf' ([strings] <src=drvstore>)
     sig:      {_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE} 23:33:14.395
     sig:           Key      = fsfilter.inf
     sig:           FilePath = C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf
!    sig:           No installed catalogs matching catalog name '' were found that validated the file.
!    sig:           Error 1168: Element not found.
     sig:      {_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE exit(0x00000490)} 23:33:14.431
     dvi:      Selected driver installs from section [Install] in 'c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf'.
     dvi:      Class GUID of device remains: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}.
     dvi:      Set selected driver complete.
     dvi:      {Plug and Play Service: Device Install for USB\VID_0F0D&PID_0010\5&2AFE9C1A&0&2}
     ump:           Creating Install Process: DrvInst.exe 23:33:14.469
     ndv:           Infpath=C:\Windows\INF\oem10.inf
     ndv:           DriverNodeName=fsfilter.inf:Devices.NT:Install:1.0.0.1::usb\vid_0f0d&pid_0010
     ndv:           DriverStorepath=C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf
     ndv:           Building driver list from driver node strong name...
     dvi:           Searching for hardware ID(s):
     dvi:                usb\vid_0f0d&pid_0010&rev_0100
     dvi:                usb\vid_0f0d&pid_0010
     dvi:           Searching for compatible ID(s):
     dvi:                usb\class_03&subclass_00&prot_00
     dvi:                usb\class_03&subclass_00
     dvi:                usb\class_03
     inf:           Opened PNF: 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf' ([strings] <src=drvstore>)
     sig:           {_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE} 23:33:14.663
     sig:                Key      = fsfilter.inf
     sig:                FilePath = C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf
!    sig:                No installed catalogs matching catalog name '' were found that validated the file.
!    sig:                Error 1168: Element not found.
     sig:           {_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE exit(0x00000490)} 23:33:14.718
     dvi:           Selected driver installs from section [Install] in 'c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf'.
     dvi:           Class GUID of device remains: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}.
     dvi:           Set selected driver complete.
     ndv:           {Core Device Install}
     inf:                Opened PNF: 'C:\Windows\INF\oem10.inf' ([strings] <src=oempath>)
     pol:                Device installation is subject to policy
     dvi:                {DIF_ALLOW_INSTALL} 23:33:14.776
     dvi:                     No class installer for 'Fighting Stick 3'
     dvi:                     No CoInstallers found
     dvi:                     Default installer: Enter 23:33:14.798
     dvi:                     Default installer: Exit
     dvi:                {DIF_ALLOW_INSTALL - exit(0xe000020e)} 23:33:14.812
     ndv:                Installing files...
     dvi:                {DIF_INSTALLDEVICEFILES} 23:33:14.827
     dvi:                     No class installer for 'Fighting Stick 3'
     dvi:                     Default installer: Enter 23:33:14.842
     dvi:                          {Install FILES}
     inf:                               Opened PNF: 'c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf' ([strings] <src=drvstore>)
     inf:                               Opened PNF: 'C:\Windows\INF\input.inf' ([strings.0409] <src=drvstore>)
     inf:                               {Install Inf Section [Install.NT]}
     inf:                                    CopyFiles=CopyUSBFilter  (fsfilter.inf line 29)
     cpy:                                    Open PnpLockdownPolicy: Err=2. This is OK. Use LockDownPolicyDefault
     flq:                                    QueueSingleCopy...
     flq:                                    Inf     : 'c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf'
!    flq:                                    Missing SourceDisksFiles/SourceDisksNames information from INF.
     flq:                                    Source root path based on Main INF
     flq:                                    SourceRootPath: 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82'
     flq:                                    {FILE_QUEUE_COPY}
     flq:                                         CopyStyle      - 0x00000000
     flq:                                         SourceRootPath - 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82'
     flq:                                         SourceFilename - 'fsfilter.sys'
     flq:                                         TargetDirectory- 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS'
     flq:                                         TargetFilename - 'fsfilter.sys'
     flq:                                    {FILE_QUEUE_COPY exit(0x00000000)}
     inf:                               {Install Inf Section [Install.NT] exit (0x00000000)}
     inf:                               {Install Inf Section [HID_Inst.NT]}
     inf:                                    Copyfiles=HID_Inst.CopyFiles.NT  (input.inf line 497)
     flq:                                    Inf     : 'c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82\fsfilter.inf'
     flq:                                    SourceInf: 'C:\Windows\INF\input.inf'
     flq:                                    SourceSection: [sourcedisksfiles]
     flq:                                    Source root path based on SourceInf
     flq:                                    SourceRootPath: 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\input.inf_a7cfdec8'
     flq:                                         CopyStyle      - 0x01000000
     flq:                                         SourceRootPath - 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\input.inf_a7cfdec8'
     flq:                                         SourceFilename - 'hidusb.sys'
     flq:                                         TargetDirectory- 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS'
     flq:                                         TargetFilename - 'hidusb.sys'
     flq:                                         SourceDesc     - 'windows cd'
     flq:                                    SourceRootPath: 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\input.inf_a7cfdec8'
     flq:                                         SourceRootPath - 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\input.inf_a7cfdec8'
     flq:                                         SourceFilename - 'hidclass.sys'
     flq:                                         TargetFilename - 'hidclass.sys'
     flq:                                         SourceFilename - 'hidparse.sys'
     flq:                                         TargetFilename - 'hidparse.sys'
     inf:                               {Install Inf Section [HID_Inst.NT] exit (0x00000000)}
     dvi:                               Processing co-installer registration section [Install.NT.CoInstallers].
     inf:                               {Install Inf Section [Install.NT.CoInstallers]}
     inf:                                    No (Copy/Ren/Del)Files directives found
     inf:                               {Install Inf Section [Install.NT.CoInstallers] exit (0x00000000)}
     dvi:                               Co-installers registered.
     dvi:                               {Install INTERFACES}
     dvi:                                    Installing section [Install.NT.Interfaces]
     dvi:                               {Install INTERFACES exit 00000000}
     dvi:                          {Install FILES exit (0x00000000)}
     dvi:                     Default installer: Exit
     dvi:                {DIF_INSTALLDEVICEFILES - exit(0x00000000)} 23:33:15.394
     ndv:                Pruning file queue...
     dvi:                {_SCAN_FILE_QUEUE}
     flq:                     ScanQ flags=620
     flq:                          SPQ_SCAN_PRUNE_COPY_QUEUE
     flq:                          SPQ_SCAN_FILE_COMPARISON
     flq:                          SPQ_SCAN_ACTIVATE_DRP
     flq:                     ScanQ number of copy nodes=4
     flq:                     File 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys' pruned from copy.
     sig:                     Using catalog 'C:\Windows\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Package_30_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000.cat'.
     cpy:                     DrpSetRegFileProt 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys' Status=0 Class=Inbox Windows protected
     flq:                     File 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidclass.sys' pruned from copy.
     sig:                     Using catalog 'C:\Windows\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Package_30_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000.cat'.
     cpy:                     DrpSetRegFileProt 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidclass.sys' Status=0 Class=Inbox Windows protected
     flq:                     File 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidparse.sys' pruned from copy.
     cpy:                     DrpSetRegFileProt 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidparse.sys' Status=0 Class=Inbox Windows protected
     flq:                     ScanQ action=200 DoPruning=32
     flq:                     ScanQ end Validity flags=620 CopyNodes=1
     dvi:                {_SCAN_FILE_QUEUE exit(0, 0x00000000)}
     ndv:                Committing file queue...
     flq:                {_COMMIT_FILE_QUEUE}
     flq:                     CommitQ DelNodes=0 RenNodes=0 BackNodes=0 CopyNodes=1
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_STARTQUEUE}
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_STARTQUEUE - exit(0x00000001)}
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_STARTSUBQUEUE}
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_STARTSUBQUEUE - exit(0x00000001)}
     flq:                     SPFILENOTIFY_NEEDMEDIA:
     flq:                          SourcePath   - [C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fsfilter.inf_f3ab8b82]
     flq:                          SourceFile   - [fsfilter.sys]
     flq:                          Flags        - 0x00000000
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_NEEDMEDIA}
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_NEEDMEDIA - exit(0x00000000)}
!!!  flq:                     SPFILENOTIFY_NEEDMEDIA: returned FILEOP_ABORT.
!!!  flq:                     Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_ENDQUEUE}
     flq:                     {SPFILENOTIFY_ENDQUEUE - exit(0x00000001)}
!    bak:                     Install failed, attempting to restore original files.
     flq:                {_COMMIT_FILE_QUEUE exit(0x00000002)}
     ndv:                Device install status=0x00000002
     ndv:                Performing device install final cleanup...
!    ndv:                Queueing up error report since device installation failed...
     ndv:           {Core Device Install - exit(0x00000002)}
     ump:           Server install process exited with code 0x00000002 23:33:15.859
     ump:      {Plug and Play Service: Device Install exit(00000002)}
     ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard exit(00000002)}
<<<  Section end 2009/01/05 23:33:17.203
<<<  [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000002)]

Alright, I did some tweeking of my own to the FSfilter.inf file and I figured out the problem. It seemed I had to point it to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers rather than using %10%\System32\Drivers.

Thank you for all your help man. The driver is working perfectly for me now.

With XP, I used a sixaxis driver and it worked.