[driver release]Hori Fighting Stick 3 on PC

If this driver actually works with XP, I may actually buy one of these.

@Hisham: thanks for figuring out, %10% is a pre defined system environment variable in XP, though it seems it is not the same on Vista, it only uses %WINDIR%.
I will update the inf file and re-package it to make it compatible with Vista 32.

@Vampire_Savior: it seems a few users could use sixaxis driver, I had no chance with it. Which XP version do you have ? (lang? Service Pack ? home/pro ?)

@Lakercrono: the driver seems to work for the users who gave feedback in this thread.

Thanks a lot. It’s much appreciated that you did this. Thanks again.

Is there an OSX driver anywhere?

I’m getting the same error as Hisham, but neither the updated fsfilter.inf, editing it myself (using Hisham’s suggestion) or copying the .sys file into C:\Windows\inf works.

1. Are you administrator ?
    2)Please post your os version and error log (C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log should have exclamation marks at the beginning of the error lines).

I keep getting a “code 19” when trying to install the driver on XP. Should I uninstall it and try again? Oh and my friend was installing some other drivers before this one so should I get rid of those too?

I am the administrator and I use Windows Vista Home Premium.

My Log.

No longer needed.

Log continues on my next post (not enough space).

No longer needed.

While trying to install the driver to tonight there were two ‘Fighting Stick 3 Version: 1.0.0.2 [01/06/2009]’ to choose from. I tried both, neither worked and they didn’t give the driver being unsigned message. So I edited the inf to ‘DriverVer=06/01/2009, 1.0.0.3’ so I knew I was chosing the right driver, it didn’t work, but I did get the driver unsigned message.

Hey I have a problem with this, hopefully somebody will help me out. A friend of mine bought this stick two days ago and we tried the old drivers (the same files as before the update) and it didn’t work. We tried this new driver and it doesn’t work either. It all works fine until near the end of the installation and it asks to “point to the fsfilter.sys file” and when I point it to the file under drivers, it finishes and says that there was a problem.

Ok, I got rid of the “code19” but now I get this, “A service installation section in this INF is invalid”. Any clue on how to make it valid?

Yea I get that error too. That’s what I get after it finishes but with problems.

@simon83: I’ll investigate this.

@people: when you report a problem, always mention your OS version and paste the install error log (at least the lines beginning with “!” and “!!!”). Otherwise, eh, I just can’t tell anything.

Double post for great justice:
I messed up things a bit in the last release. v0.4 should get you a correct inf file, and the installation steps are changed :

• Pick “No, not this time”(2K/XP)/“Browse my computer for driver”(Vista),
    “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
    “Have Disk”
    “Browse…”
  • Then go to the directory where you unpacked this archive (you should have the .sys and the .inf file in it), and open the fsfilter.inf file
  • Select ‘Fighting Stick 3’
  • Hit ‘continue anyway’, if prompted about the driver being unsigned.

I installed a vista32 home on a vmware to test this, it should work correctly now.

hey kraal, that’s some good stuff ur doing. Releasing a driver and checking up on it is awesome. I’m looking forward to v0.4, hopefully it’s released soon.

It’s up ! added on the parent post too.

http://perso.numericable.fr/geraud/fs3drv-0.4.zip

Just tried that with your new instructions, and it worked perfectly!
Thank you very much. :lovin:

I love you kraal, I’ve waited so long for a working fs3 driver!
Thank you man, you’re our savior.
The 0.3 didn’t work on my xp pro32bit due to an inf error or something,
But the 0.4 works great.
Great job!

Awesome, it worked. It even worked on a few emulators that ppl had problems with before this update.

Thanks for the update kraal.