[driver release]Hori Fighting Stick 3 on PC

Thank you very much for your efforts Kraal,I’d given up hope of ever finding a practical use for this stick,I can now save my 360 stick for the 360 and use this one on ggpo.

Again thanks!

kraal, you’re the man! This new driver makes it work on everything (haven’t tried neorageX yet)! The mods need to Sticky this thread and give you infinite cool points.

I tried installing the driver on Windows XP 32-bit and received a ‘Code 10’ error message.

Error code 10 during driver installation means hardware failure, which is no good news :frowning: Try investigating the C:\Windows\setupapi.log file, you should get the details of the failure at the end of the file.

You could also get this error because insufficent power was provided to the USB port, or because you use a shitty USB hub. Try using only direct USB port from your motherboard, and if the device still does not start, go and see if an update to your bios is provided by your motherboard manufacturer, that could sort out the USB power problem.

I received this error, “The folder you specified doesn’t contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is design to work with windows for x64-based systems.”

copied from setupapi.dev

>>> [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - USB\VID_0F0D&PID_0010\5&2C9AA20A&0&2]
>>> Section start 2009/01/11 17:05:41.603
cmd: “C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe” C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI} 17:05:41.603
dvi: No class installer for 'USB Human Interface Device’
dvi: Default installer: Enter 17:05:41.619
dvi: Default installer: Exit
dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI - exit(0xe000020e)} 17:05:41.619
ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard for USB\VID_0F0D&PID_0010\5&2C9AA20A&0&2}
dvi: Set selected driver complete.
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE} 17:05:51.259
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE - exit(0xe000020e)} 17:05:51.259
ui : Prompting user for disk…
ui : DPROMPT result = 0
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE} 17:06:12.199
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE - exit(0xe000020e)} 17:06:12.199
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE} 17:07:20.922
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE - exit(0xe000020e)} 17:07:20.922
ui : DPROMPT result = 1
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE} 17:12:31.935
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE - exit(0xe000020e)} 17:12:31.935
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE} 17:15:41.120
dvi: {DIF_SELECTDEVICE - exit(0xe000020e)} 17:15:41.124
ui : DPROMPT result = 1
ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard exit(000004c7)}
<<< Section end 2009/01/11 17:17:52.051
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x000004c7)]

This driver is only intended for 32bits version of Windows, and you have a 64bits system, as your error message states “x64-based systems”.

As a matter of fact, you should stay away from 64bits versions of Windows if you intend to install exotic hardware (which HFS3 obviously is…). There is far far far less driver support for them.

I should have posted here instead of the other HFS3 but anyways…I was able to get the my HFS3 working on my desktop with just plug and play, no drivers were needed. I hooked it up to a usb 2.0 port in the back of my computer instead of the usb 1.3 ports in the front. I think it might have something to do with the type of port because it wouldn’t work on the 1.3 ports. Btw, I’m using Windows XP pro w/sp2. I also got it to work on my laptop that has Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit without any drivers easily. Make sure you check the game controllers after connecting.

weird, my computer went back to trying to use the Windows drivers again and I had to tell it you use your drivers. Is there an easy way to keep this from happening?

+rep pts
thanks man!!!

If i install virtual pc and xp on my vista 64-bit, would the driver work?

I would say yes, if the hosted system is 32bits. Post your experience wether it worked or not !

Thanks a lot man. Worked like a charm. Now I can play 3rd Strike with the HFS3 I had laying around. :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, this driver does not work in XP64? Or is it just Vista 64 that’s incompatible?

I can get this stick for relatively cheap, but I’m very happy with XP64, I’d only switch to XP32 if I had no other choice.

If your willing to go that far why not just dual-boot OS?

^I could, but it’s a slightly awkward solution. I’d use an EX2 instead if I could fine one.

Thank You Very Much! Your driver is perfect on my Vista 32!

Hori PS3 Fightstick 3 NOT HRAP3, working on Mac OSX Tiger

So after a little reading with no real help found, i decided to just google search my way into a solution and it worked!

So right now this is what i’ve tested on, SFa3 on macmame
my hori didnt recognize at all at first, so i found an app called GamePad Companion on google, downloaded and installed it, assigned the buttons, which i now wonder if it was even necessary at all, (Gamepad companion will recognize virtually any controller type plugged in by usb)
pressed start in the gamepad app, booted up sfa3 on macmame and presto!

i do warn you that the joystick is not as responsive as i would have liked it to be but it still works nonetheless and will give me something to do during my breaks at work =]

hope this helps some mac users who are looking to use their hori

*and i am no expert at this kind of stuff so if you have problems i’ll try my best to help, but i can’t promise anything, just send me a pm if you have any questions

here is the link for GamePad Companion

http://www.carvware.com/gamepadcompanion.html

Hey Kraal since you seem to know a little about coding/drivers do you think it would be possible at all to take this driver and modify it to work with the PS3 Madcatz fightsticks? They are both just universal usb controllers under windows but aside from that I really don’t know how similar they are.

thats a great suggestion, as users are not getting no button response form the TE or normal fight sticks.