Dragon Ball FighterZ: Legendary Saiyans Edition

So let’s figure out how this latest clayton switch out tech effects the viability or tier of characters or combinations of chrs.
It works for anyone with a j2H, after a vanish attack, plus a unique move of Yamcha, frieza, trunks, goku, cell, and kid buu.

At first glance, it looks like it just makes already great picks like Cell better. Cell corner carry then switch w/ jS into a good oki chr. And it makes A18 better for being able to come in at the corner and move into mixups without getting that fist hit.
It makes Frieza better, you can zone and teleport until they get close enough and you have to combo or 2M, then switch.
Yamcha gets better, now he can switch into say Cell or another high dmg chr after 5LLL, maybe the same with Trunks.

Anybody that does good air damage got better in the 2nd or 3rd slot. Adult gohan, cell, teen gohan… And this way teen gohan doesn’t have to get that first stubby leg hit, just go right into bomb loops and dmg.

There are probably some ginyu body switch setups that can come from this.

Kid Buu’s looks less useful, except as a punish, as you have to hit 5M and assist at the same time with no confirm.

If this is useful, there’s a reason to use goku ssj over black. 2M2S xx switch out.

It’s too early. I mean sure i dont think you’ll see much Krilin and so far you have no reason from a competitive standpoint to use regular goku over goku black.
But for the rest you see a lot more than 10 char.

Character diversity was bound to be limited in the game because it is so limited in Dragonball itself.

Most of the major characters do more or less the same kinds of things, and if you’re doing something noticeably different you’re probably a minor character that won’t be back after you lose your first fight. Hit’s kind of the one real exception, and he’s a very recent addition to the series.

I’m still kinda annoyed by the presence of medium autocombos. Light autocombos have unique properties that make them like command normals on the ground and open up combo possibilities in the air, and heavy autocombo gives you at least a fair chance at connecting a full air combo, but medium autocombos make you waste a launcher and once you’re in you might as well just waste a bar and finish it since you lost almost any other conversion (you can probably go into 2H but I’m not sure if it works with all characters).
This is mainly a problem online because with the variable delay netcode the game you might find yourself mashing to make sure that the buttons comes out as fast as possible, or the game might eat the beginning of the combo if you were in blockstun or not on the ground and you end up just hitting with the medium.
I honestly wish only light autocombos existed like any other game that has them (and this game actually makes them worth existing) or you could turn off medium/heavy ones.

It’s probably because the other 14 are alternate versions of those 10. /s

More seriously, it’s definitely too early to talk about that. It is clear that some characters appear extremely often because they are a combination of solid solo characters and assists that can fit every team (e.g. SSJ Vegeta, Goku Black or Cell), but some others like Ginyu or Nappa that have weird designs have not been explored yet to their full potential. Even Yamcha that many people here play has lots of game changing tech that keeps getting discovered every day. When you’ll start seeing tricky Body Swap setups or good uses of Krillin’s rock we will be able to really talk about tiers.

Do anyone know whose the one putting up the frame data for the DBFZ chars on Dustloop Wiki?

I ask this because somebody is putting +4 in the Frame Adv box for everyone’s 6M, has something been found out that I’m not aware of?

Cross quoting

maybe he made a mistake and it should be -4 instead?
shouldnt the guide in japan come out already with all the correct framedata?

That feeling when your new main team has both krillin and goku in it :disappointed:

Seriously though, krillin is being slept on big time.

No they’re definitely + on hit and 0 on block.
I assume people start with frame data that is known to be certain and calculate the rest from there.

First time hearing about this guide, sounds great! Got a source/link for that?

Also I thought that Universal Overheads were +0 on block?

While Black is certainly the better character overall, there are a couple of things SSJ Goku is better at (notably air kamehameha and double supers).

It’s kinda like E.Ryu vs Ryu in USFIV. The latter did have some advantages that made him better in certain matchups, but nobody disputed which of these characters were better as a whole.

#pleaseshare

“skill intensive”?

Like, what, for example?

there it is http://www.s-manga.net/book/978-4-08-779766-4.html

It’s funny how a couple of frames of delay, don’t annoy me nearly as much in Tekken as in 2d games.
Even when I’m getting 2F of delay that shit throws me off.

A fast move in tekken is like 11 frames I believe, so that would be why I think 2f delay doesn’t feel so bad in tekken. I’ll play a high delay game if it is stable. What kills me is swings from 4frames to 19 frames every 30 seconds.

Yeah. The way I’ve been thinking is that the game is so fundamentally simplistic that it’s become overly complicated, if you get me? It’s clearly been made for pad players, using an arcade stick it takes a while to setup and getting your head around R1 and R2. The control scheme is just bizarre, like I think there would have been a simpler way of using the special button to do certain commands than the odd button combinations present, such as H+S to Super Dash, which is confusing if you use a Marvel layout, but slightly less confusing if you use a Guilty Gear or SNK layout.

What bugs me on first impressions is that a lot of characters just have very similar moves, 236 for a shoulder barge, 214 for a tatsu, Kamehameha and so forth and that’s it, I know that’s not the case but it just feels like it. I like how there’s a dedicated projectile button and that it has special variants, that’s cool, and I like how auto combo physics are actually useful for extending combos, and I feel the Dragon Balls could become more of a factor later on down the line, for instance trading off damage using an auto combo to acquire a Dragon Ball or activating the Dragon.

We just need to see how it develops.

Talking about assists, one of the first things I did was look at each assist and I think Trunks is probably up there in top 3 for assists. His geizer reaches 7/8th of the screen and reaches normal jump height. Beerus/Trunks was the first obvious shell that I thought of, the geizer just keeps the distance off such a huge proportion of the screen that it allows Beerus to setup very well, and the fact you can use two assists at once gives Beerus even more options and screen control. It’s only major weakness is Vanish, while the conversion from a Vanish isn’t huge the Oki is good. Trunks is currently my first training pick, not to play on point but to use as an assist and understand as a backup. Vegita is also a very good assist, similar to Amaterasu’s Cold Star in UMvC3, an amazing lockdown tool.

Yeah Trunks is cool, I also like Kid Buu, I wanna learn Majin Buu, Hit is interesting and I’m really wanting to experiment with Ginyu, I’m a Faust player (and a Juda player) so I love gameplay aspects that have strikers or elements of randomness to them.

This game is fun, I had to buy it just to get in on the action.

@a15kko

I’m starting to understand Hit better. He does sooooooo much damage, but his conversions can be hard to react to. I often find myself assuming/hoping that my opener connects so I go through with the combo regardless of whether or not they blocked. Same thing goes for my blockstrings. I feel like I have to decide what it’s going to be before I connect because of how precise you have to be with him. Adding in a few extra buttons helps to get the confirmation, but Hit doesn’t have the normals most characters to do so. Still, he’s really fun, hits hard, and is satisfying to play. It’s just about time for me to use the team I had planned before release.

Been working on Vegeta Blue as well. He’s more fun to play than his SSJ counterpart, but that assist kills me.