DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Thank you Sorewah! in a competitive sense, which of those should I learn first? Rachel or Mila?

I’d say Mila is a bit easier to grasp.

Both are equally viable in a competitive sense. Rachel is more mind games from straight 50/50 mix-ups, and Mila plays more of the Stun game but gets more damage because of it.

What characters do you use in other fighters?

I’d say Mila would be a better gateway character to learning the game in general. DOA5 has a bigger emphasis on abare and knowing how to use the Critical/Stun game to get damage, so a character focusing more on that would be more ideal for learning the game in the long run.

That said, you really should just play whoever works best for you. DOA is general is similar to 3S where knowledge of the system mechanics can negate the tier gap somewhat, putting a bigger emphasis on mindgames and yomi.

So there’s free costumes for Kasumi and Ayane

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/doa5lr-outcast-armor-by-tamiki-wakaki-set/cid=UP4108-CUSA01665_00-WAKAKIFREEPSPLUS

I only found the link for PS4

Btw, d3v, how does one get a guest article up on the front page?

Talk to Ian.

After playing with Mika some more I don’t think she’s the character for me. I tried out Bayman in training and he has more of what I was looking for.

Get in here.

That’s a pretty long answer so I’ll just mention my favorites: because although I like zoning characters (Guile, Bridget, Yuzuriha), I also like powerhouse characters (Makoto (3s), Terry Bogard, Azrael, Akira (VF))

Makoto? Definitely use Rachel then.

So far I’ve been using Ayane as a zoning/hit-and-run character and I’m satisfied. Is there anything else I can do on oki besides baiting wakeup kicks with her flip? And what can I do against Kasumi? Bitch is fast af.

Ayane’s no slouch on speed. I mean her 2P is 12 F and +0 on hit for instance, and her 6P and 4P have low hurt boxes to where they can go under highs even though it’s a mid hitting attack.

To give you some ideas here’s one of the best Ayane’s in the states up against the best in Japan. As you notice, Ayane’s best at spacing and punishment. The larger the stage, the better Ayane is in the matchup. A lot of players try playing her like a rush-down character due to her crushes but she honestly doesn’t excel at that method:

Ah, I’m a Guile, Alex, Makoto, Akira, Wolf, and Potemkin fan. I like using Bass in DOA because I can play a very Super Turbo style of play. General poking, high damage if connecting, and not too much combo count. You’ll generally be poking with 3K and he’s a mid to long range character so the biggest disadvantages he has is putting the opponent into that range especially due to his speed. If you want to look more into Bass there’s a great thread on FSD for him.

I checked this thread out last night out of curiosity and after seeing some of the high level matches posted here the game looks really fun and fast paced. It looks just as viable as tekken or any other 3D fighter so I don’t see why people overlook it.

Because tits.

Because your opponents can interrupt your attacks during hit stuns. There’s guessing involved even when you started a combo. Other fighting games don’t change pace like that without meter usage.

Don’t take my word for it though, I suck at this game.

Killer Instinct says hi.

In fact, this game has more guaranteed, unbreakable damage than KI ever since Keits introduced aerial recapture and air combo breakers after Season 2.

Even with holds out of stun, trying to hold out of stun isn’t ideal since the risk is pretty big due to the fact that counter holds have a whiff animation. Most of the time, it’s more ideal to try to stagger escape out of certain stun than to risk a hold.

It is also important to keep in mind that most guaranteed damage is going to stem from juggle combos and certain throws.
There also certain situations where it is outright impossible to hold or stagger escape, depending on the environment, how someone got off of the ground, and some stun states. For example, if you try Helena’s 66K+H and you hit the opponent with it, it will cause a stun in which the player can never hold out of.

… What have we here. Something to be excited about!

That… may be one of the most awesome DLCs I’ve ever seen for a fighting game.

Fuck yes! Tekkaman is the best! Doronjo too.

Too bad no Blade though. If they worked in Gold Lighten, Blade should be available too.