DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Aww come on, a Musou character? That’s too easy…

Shout outs to Project Bokuho.

@Sosage has an excellent write up on this game once again on Venture Beat.

some quotes.

Dead or Alive 5: LR is a awesome game… and more people should play it!

Yeah, I got LR for PS4. Watching a lot of Jann Lee vids and combo vids peaked my interest again. I wonder if I am wasting time learning Jann Lee. He is my favorite character but lacking in mixups and safety is an issue for me. I have Hayate on the backburner and plan to eventually get to Kokoro.

I would if they even bothered making a fixed PC version.

Episode 3 of the documentrary has been released:

I think this is on-topic. If not, mods do what you must.

Edit war ongoing on the DOA5 wikipedia page. Within the last two days or so a “Sexist Portrayal of Characters” section was added, changed to “Criticism of Portrayal of Characters”, now changed to “Objectification of Women”:

Didn’t see any one mention it on FSD and this is the 1st time I have heard of it.
LOL how much lower can wikipedia fall?
I wonder how they explain the female player base in DOAX2.

I recently picked up Last Round on PS4. Is Mila a grappler? I hope so as she’s the character I want to main.

Not really, though she can get a lot of guaranteed follow ups on floored opponents when does conduct her command throws and/or her TD. She does not have to resort to the stun game like a lot of the other characters do. She stuns and she can launch you. When you go for TD (2T on floored opponents), you can go for the follow ups to get some damage. Because, the amount of damage you get from stunning and then launching the opponent is equivalent to getting a nice full juggle from a generic combo anyway.

She is also a decent character to “learn” DOA with. She does almost every necessary move that allows the player to accelerate.
(I play Nyotengu in favor of Mila due to the fact that she saved my life so many times offline and online and I win a lot more with her for some odd reason). What you need to keep in mind is that Mila can do a lot damage at once.
It is like you’re trying to play Claw Iori on XIII or Makoto on SFIV for example.

I started playing the game. Just been hitting the lab for now to get myself acquainted with the game. Doing command training with Mila and her style reminds me alot of VF’s Vanessa who I mained in that game.

You’re in for a ride. Mila is a fucking blast of a character. Scary too.

Next time you see me on shoot me an invite, it’s been too long since I last put this game in.

So what is the state of the PC version of the game? It’s the only version I’d be able to play but I hear it’s still a disaster port and online is pretty terrible.

Technically speaking the Port is fine. It runs DX9 though so you don’t get the Crimson, Danger Zone, or Fireworks stages that are on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You also don’t get the enhanced lighting support that DX11 provides.

Online is worse than the consoles, but personally speaking online is trash in all of them. In PC you can only do Ranked matchmaking.

Otherwise the game can run really well even on low-end systems. I personally prefer the PC version since it has less input delay (practically zero) than the consoles, allows though doesn’t support modding, and for when I just need to check something quick or practice some combos. Also great that I can just take it on a laptop setup at a tournament or casual gathering anywhere. I honestly wish the community would switch to the PC version for competitive tournaments.

I started learning the game recently, pretty interesting, unfortunately I cannot find guides on how the characters’ play style and tactics are, so easily. I’m interested in various characters, but I’ve yet to find a guide for Rachel, is she a powerhouse type character? because from what I’ve seen, that’s what she looks like.

I did find one in depth guide for Hitomi, but any additional elaboration would be awesome. also, interested in Mila and Tina.

Aside from being a hybrid grappler, Rachel also relies on her oki/vortex game. Combo into her command throw, then juggle into a close knockdown (don’t finish the whole string), and then do her 2K stomp. This will force a tech stand (hence the term force tech), after which you can go back into a mixup. Their only way to beat her 2K force tech it to tech stand, once you condition them to start doing this, then you can just go in and go for a mixup or command throw.

Basically, the main idea is to shut down any attempts to use wake up kicks so you can just go in and force a mixup situation.

Very interesting. TYVM d3v :slight_smile:

When I can tear myself away from Tales I’ll hit you up.

I played two matches online and got wrecked. I was playing this as if it was Virtua Fighter and it didn’t help me one bit.

@d3v already covered Rachel pretty much: Slow but Powerful.

Mila is easily thought of as a Grappler character but she’s really a striker. She excels at putting you into force-guess mix-ups where one or two critical hits have them guessing a critical burst situation. She can do a lot of damage in combo and juggles while using her ground throw option select as an ender to trap the person in frame advantage or damage.

Tina is basically one of those well-rounded characters. Her most damaging throw is 12 frames and feared by all to not mid or high hold due to it. She has good stun mix-ups, a back-turned game, basically a trickster but not “parlor” tricks.

I’d say post up on the FreeStepDodge.com DOA5 Character boards asking for help on the characters and players can generally point you in the right direction. There’s a good write up for Bass on the Bass forums for example.