DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

The best I can give is even though I main Momiji, I’m not ultra technical on her weakpoints. From my experience she mainly works on mixups and her pressure is meh in certain cases.
Someone can probably give you far better info as I really can’t give weaknesses of characters, just general playstyles.

Well, I guess d3v wasn’t lying after all. Is it all about her 7k?

Momiji can feel like a Marvel 3 character at times. Press a few buttons and bam you get an air combo.

Hey guys! Check this out!

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2Xvj62vHc

What triggers the transformation?

From the trailer, it seems that it’s either taunting, performing a cliffhanger or executing a Power Blow.

turntable animations

Spoiler

http://orig01.deviantart.net/711f/f/2015/309/1/e/helena_turntable_by_dragonlord720-d9fntab.gif

http://orig01.deviantart.net/ff2c/f/2015/305/d/0/rachel_turntable_by_dragonlord720-d9f3yzj.gif

This guy turns better.

That Rachel one is almost perfect, except for her hair clipping through her shoulder.

So a Japanese player won NEC16 last weekend: JC Akira. Is that a first? Japanese player winning DOA in U.S. ground? I am glad to see he is a stick player. I would like to see more 3D fighter players use sticks.

That’s pretty big news considering that the consensus is that US > Japan when it comes to DOA.

A god damn machine. JC’s Akira game play was too good.

I suddenly have the urge to go rock climbing right now, I wonder what’s causing it.

Red Bull costume for Marie Rose available for free to PS+ members

I knew he could take it. TeruRock actually is the best player in Japan and he got 4th. I think TeruRock just had unlucky pulls on stages throughout the tournament, that combined with little experience against the American style of play hurt him. For example, check out the Top 16 between him and Sweet Revenge I just uploaded (It wasn’t streamed live):

JCA on the other hand, as I said in my interview, could easily take the tournament because the American DOA players don’t have experience against good VF characters. This is contrasted with the Japanese scene which is well adverse to Akira due to the heavy play of VF in there. He could get away with stuff here that he couldn’t do in a Japanese tournament. He has only won one Japanese tournament before. He had difficulty playing some of the American Rig players like Hoodless, and he would adjust relatively fast to their heavy Fastest Stagger and Guarding style.

Otherwise, after the tournament in a First to 10 in my room TeruRock beat JCA 10-2. Kwiggle even commented that TeruRock he thinks is the more rounded player and should have won the tournament. TeruRock’s matches were really close though, and there were times you were just pulling for him because of him getting a disadvantaged stage.

For those looking into picking up Honoka, a really good tutorial was released on it that could help you out with understanding your own character as well:

Every time I hear people talk about Honoka, it’s either about her appearance + cheesy behavior or about how much she suck gameplay-wise. Is she really that bad?

Yea that’s pretty much the consensus. Isn’t sonic fox brother like the number 1 DOA player in the world? I remember watching listening to a podcast and fox said he was working on his DOA game, but was really trying to build up Skullgirls ( video was months ago so something could have changed)

(Accidental Post.)

But yea, JC Akira winning NEC16 is a first.

New Girl