DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Someone keeping a tally of how many ninja outfits are in the game?
Oh boy the gals are half-naked ninjas this time, that’s hooooot! (/sarcasm).

You can buy those costumes on Xbox 360.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/DOA5-Last-Round/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024b5607e8

Funny how no male outfits are on that ban list. Correct me if I am wrong.

I made a YouTube playlist with all my videos showing all the costumes you can unlock or buy for DoA5: Last Round on the PS4 (just the girls, because I’m a sexist pig, perpetuating the objectification of women in videogames):

Well, sadly I don’t have any of the preorder bonus costumes (bought my version on PSN), but I do have the Season Pass and I’ll be making new videos for the new costumes. Here’s Ninja Clan 2:

Why no ninja costume for Rachel? /BibleThump

They’ve given Ninja Costumes for characters that aren’t ninjas already, that’s why characters like Kasumi, Ayane, Rachel and Ryu are not included

Oddly enough, Momiji isn’t considered a ninja… maybe she’s just a shrine maiden

Nah, just the remaining group of characters will be in Ninja Pack 3 which is due out i think two or three months from now. Have to release the Senran Kagura pack first.

Ninja Pack 3 should contain the missing characters who aren’t already ninjas (Ryu, Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate). Should be noted that NINJA 2015 was a pre-order pack for those four characters.

So, Rachel isn’t considered a ninja?

Official PC information
NeoGaf Thread

So, last gen version it is… with some tweaks.
Though admittedly the PS4 version is basically a PS3 also with some tweaks. The PS3 and PS4 look exactly the same, PC will have proper anti-aliasing and higher resolution, though it is simply upscaled really…unless they actually add higher resolution textures which would surprise me. Overall it will look as good as PS4 no doubt and eventually with mods even a lot better. Just dislike the way TN/KT treats PC players, so tiresome.

Short summary:
-supports 4k
-particle effects are PS3 version
-shadows are PS4 version
-anti aliasing is in
-Danger Zone and Crimson not in(the two extra stages for PS4)
-New hair styles are in
-Soft Engine not in
-Character select based off of PS4
-Spec requirements indicate really unoptimized port

ow, aaaaaaaaaand still no online untill 3 months later.

So up to the PC community to “fix” yet another game it seems.
It seems like a deliberate effort to make the PC version “worse” than the PS4 version, why?

*Still going to buy it as i want a 3D fighter for PC, during a steam sale probably or at release, dunno yet, however not having online for 3 months is basically guarenteeing this game will literally be dead when online eventually gets added.

Well I was thinking of getting it, but can’t support this.

I need to buy a gamimg pc so i can run DOA5LR with 4k textures and nude modes

Fun game. I’ve been messing around with Mila, Raidou, and Hitomi (and a bit of Christie). I randomly hop onto the PS4 version as sosage-. I’m very scrubby at this thing, so don’t expect much from me. I’ve maybe played DOA3 and 4, but only for a week against the CPU for shits n’ giggles. I definitely need a fucking stick for this game (my hand is cramping like a mother fucker trying to do feints).

There are all kinds of factors that can go into this. Most likely, Koei Tecmo want their products to be console centric. So resources are geared towards getting those releases as tight as possible.

PC development also isn’t easy. You’re not developing a title for one or two types of set ups, but several different combinations. This game seems to be on its own proprietary engine, so although Unity/UDK can spit out cross-platform with a few tweaks, maybe their engine can’t?

It might just be that they’re basing the port off the arcade version. That would explain the two missing stages that, afaik, are missing in the arcade version, as well as the unusually long time to patch in Online. I have no idea though. That’s probably also the most lazy path for them if my assumptions are correct.

From what I know, this is being developed internally and it’s also the team’s first time porting to PC.

This is a PR nightmare, word is out everywhere. Not having online for 3 months, and then using the inferior PS3 version as a port? They are going to lose a ton of sales, and rightfully so. It really is inexcusable.

A ton of sales within the boundaries of PC sales, wich are usually way below console sales, so we’re talking about 30 to 40 less copies being sold.

PC sales for fighting games are actually quite good since they’ve started bringing so many over. SF4 sold a ton, Skullgirls too. Particularly through steam and steam sales, fighters are doing very well on PC.

There are a lot of benefits going with a PC release, especially through Steam. The various sales and promotions you can run just in that marketplace keeps the product’s life cycle organic and longer lasting than a shelf product (does Koei Tecmo know how to take advantage of that market? Last Round may be their learning stage on that front.).

Let’s also be straight up and not bullshit ourselves: people want those DOA mods.

If we go off of what’s best for the competitive scene, console release will win every time (unless it is seriously fucked up). The logistics of running PC-centric events is still troublesome from a lot of angles, plus EVO is running Ultra on PS4. Like it or not, we all follow wherever Ultra goes, because that is convenient. So the perspective from here is always going to be, “WTF? Why release a PC version?”

For Joe “What’s FGC stand for again?” Blow looking for a cheap game to mash on, none of that shit matters when Steam’s Holiday Sale comes around. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty interested in watching videos of PC mods.

Maybe I’ll even get a PC version myself once the price is low enough, just to try the mods. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll catch it on sale when online’s available.

In better news, these will be out next week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAWmEyyUQAAB05U.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAW_f8sUUAA4pJF.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAgJl9iVIAEkl9w.jpg:large