DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Yup, checked freestepdodge again today and I’m still seeing no gameplay discussion in the DOA5LR section.

Perhaps the first step towards pushing the gameplay would be actually focusing on the gameplay themselves?

I’d be totally on side if they were actually pushing a positive rather than drawing do much attention to the perceived negative.

Or you could actually start talking to the people.

It’s a problem that every forum faces. Alot of people who previously played the game only casually joined the site around the time Ultimate came out (helped in part, I believe, by the fact that we were pushing alot of content from there on SRK’s front page). So, as has happened here at times, people start talking more about the casual aspects because there are alot more players coming from that background.

That said, there are some good threads in the competitive/system discussion forum. For example, they still have the best balance discussion out of any game that I’ve seen thanks to the fact that everyone actually works towards the general match up chart with top players for each character chiming in (e.g. Christie’s match-ups were done by Kwiggle).

That makes sense. Well actually, Rachel as a heavyweight is a bit mean. Imagine some guy saying this to her. He might get stomped. =D

Well people were complaining about it during Ultimate 1.0 to 1.01 when her stomp was always guaranteed after a knockdown (and she was considered top tier).

It’s not that it was guaranteed, its that it had so little recovery that you were +13 if it connected, and +11 if you teched. Her relaunching throw being 12 frames meant you were in a serious 50 50 at any point you were juggled and the 50 50 options both netted similar juggle damage to prevent making an educated guess after the tech. Now she’s negative enough to be throw punished for whiffing it.

Just make a post with any questions you have. The community will happily explain anything primarily. In any forum casual content is what makes a site stay active and is easier to have discussions on. For hardcore discussions its not as active because only limited parts of the community can discuss said points with proper experience. For example, a veteran like me has so much knowledge of the system that its common knowledge for me due to over 10 years of experience. So I wouldn’t know what threads to make or have many questions to ask. A lot of hardcore discussions get discussed in character specific boards like d3v suggested. Some character boards have more than others and that’s just the nature of character popularity and player experience. Sadly, the biggest thing that hurts , or doesn’t help the community , is that it lacks a lot of leaders that can help push content such as tutorials. That’s not to say it has none, just that since its a small community there aren’t many. A lot of the meta in DoA also just comes from experience and is difficult to just teach. It’s heavy on mind reading, player habits, positional awareness, and move recognition.

But in all seriousness, just ask, because there are advanced tactics for stuff such as option selects and frame traps.

It’s been so long that I barely remember. All I can recall is our small group of players here hating on me and encouraging me to use Momiji instead because they hated the vortex (and then I up and switched to Christie).

For anyone interested in picking up Hayabusa. Manny’s latest combo video for him is pretty comprehensive.

While it’s done on Ultimate, most of the stuff should still work on Last Round.

Yea I heard that she was pretty good when Ultimate released.
Where is she now? Mid tier? I read that she received some buffs in LR.

Nyotengu is great fun as well imo, might learn her as well later on. =)

Tier list hasn’t been officially updated since LR is still new.

In the old one for Ultimate however, she was generally mid or mid-low (C-tier).

Nyotengu on the other hand is considered low since she’s unsafe as fuck and has some bad matchups (mostly 4:6 against her).

Okay. I will focus on Rachel as my only main character for now. Mid tier is good enough for me (considering the minor buffs to her and the nerfs of some top tiers might help her out in LR).

Already learning some combos. Finished the trials. Now it’s time to learn some more combos in free practice mode and look for setups. Best combo I’ve found/learned so far was 118 dmg.

Nyotengu low tier doesn’t surprise me to be honest. I realised yesterday that her moves are also pretty slow. Rachel is not very fast either, but at least she has some moves with decent speed that can help her out.

Because extra damage at the wall is such a great nerf for Christie.

That’s why I said “some”. =D

Not a lot of recent content for Alpha-152 either. I was told that I would be out on my own due to players not putting out content. I was also told that I would have to learn how to play the character through netplay.

I’m guessing that it’s because alot of folks hate Alphas due to her glass cannon style gameplay. Either they don’t know because they never touch the character, or they flat out don’t want you to learn. Meanwhile, those that do, are careful with spreading what they know since they fear stuff getting nerfed.

That said, you might want to start knocking around here.
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/alpha-152-general-discussion.2645/

@Neclord you might want to check out this replay from WB9 that they shared on the official DOA facebook account. It features SonicFox rocking Rachel.

New DLC:

^ Nice costumes. I like Nyotengu’s.

Wait. Sonic Fox is the guy who won a lot of recent Injustice tournaments with Batgirl right?
Impressive stuff. I’m already implementing the hop over move into my gameplay.

My most succesful move so far is 1PP. Always catches people off guard and leads to some good amount of damage. =)

Sonic Fox is probably one of the winningest players who doesn’t play the Capcom stuff.

He’s won tournaments for MK, Injustice, Persona, Skullgirls and DOA.

His brother, Kwiggles is still probably the best DOA5 player in the world though.

Just wondering, why all these new ninja costumes are available in everything but PS3?

All the new DLC is for current gen only. No PS3 and 360.