DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

I found that doing that freezes me

It did that to me when I signed in while the game was loading. It hasn’t frozen once when I restart and log in to my other account on the dashboard first.

AND JUST LIKE THAT

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1524703_846516105373900_1454958773_n.jpg

played with her for a minute. she seemed fun, i dont play with the voice options so hoping next time i throw it in its just fine

So TN finished uploading videos of a Japanese tournament

All the videos aren’t uploaded yet… They’re still uploading the Top 32.

Is she out now? On both systems?

How much does she cost?

$5 or $6 I believe.

PSN discount

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate – Complete DOA5 Costumes now $19.99 (before $39.99)

DOA5U: Core Fighters is celebrating 1,000,000+ downloads! For 3 weeks only, get a huge discount on all 25 original character unlocks AND all 81 costumes from DOA5 and DOA5+ in one unbeatable limited-time set!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/doa5u-million-fighters-set-(characters-costumes)/cid=UP4108-NPUB31289_00-B000000000000322?smcid=psblog:dead-or-alive-5-ultimate:up4108-npub31289_00-productset000000:ps-blog-2014-04-01-playstation-store-update-336

I don’t understand if this is for Core Fighters or Ultimate or both games.

edit: Just to put it in perspective, each character is normally $3.99 which adds to $34.99 for the whole set. All DOA5 & DOA5+ 81 costumes set is normally $39.99. So for $20, you are getting $75

So looks like all the characters from DOA5, and all of their DOA5 costumes.

So, TN is saying on twitter not to buy the million bundle if you own DOAU5

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio

I THINK they are saying there will be a discounted costume pack for DOA5U in the future. You know anything, @Sorwah‌ ?

Nope, I don’t.

Oh nice that there’s a thread for this. I got DOA5U back in January and have been putting a little bit of time in off and on since I used to play some Soul Calibur in the SC and SC2 days, and currently am playing TTT2 as well. It’s my first DOA game, and I think I’d have to list Hitomi as my current main. I was just wondering if someone could give me some overall newbie points to try to remember or keep in mind on in general?

The primary thing to keep in mind is that the game revolves around its stun system (Called “Critical State”). Unlike most fighting games where the mind games are done to land the hit and then do a combo, DOA brings that to a lesser degree and has the mind games after being hit.

So learning your characters attack properties including their disadvantage on guard, the different types of critical stuns, you can pick up the game. The disadvantage on guard is important because the game has no throw break system besides combo throws and front-facing neutral throws. Combo throws can be guaranteed if you hit the throw button on the first frame of the combo window, and you can set the AI to break on that first frame so that if you land the combo you know you hit that frame.

I suggest going through training mode with Hitomi and learn her attack stuns (Most typically Counter-hit setting). You can set the AI to Defensive Hold out of stun at any speed, and even stagger escape at any speed as well to tell you if a stun may guarantee an attack or setup.

In my personal opinion, Hitomi is one of those characters that excels at Whiff punishment. She’s good at Back Dashing (214214214…) and has good free step movement. She also has a good pressure mixup system with the user of her 6H+P granting frame advantage pressure for another 6H+P or frame trapping for a counter hit. She has her 9H which parries all punch pokes (Highs and mids) and gives her advantage there as well. Lastly, she’s generally safe so throwing out a Fuzzy Guard after being blocked will

Can’t have said it better myself.

Oh shit, sweet. Thanks for that. I also have to admit the whole “Hold” bit is taking some getting used to as well, but I figure that can come after the basics of things. I notice the game seems more fast paced than TTT2, and a little bit more than Soul Calibur too.

Think of holds as combo breakers in KI, except that they can only be done in a specific state (critical state). Learning to bait and punish them is somewhat akin to burst baiting in certain airdashers.

Oh, all right. Thinking of them as reversals and thinking of baiting them as whiff or burst baiting makes sense. I don’t really get the KI comparison if it’s in reference to KI3, since well, I don’t really have any intention of playing that game.

I dunno why, but i’m feeling Phase 4 more then I am Kasumi. I never really liked Kasumi, but Phase 4’s stance and her teleports looks better honestly… I best get to practicing Kasumi though, because from what I am seeing from the early videos, if you can play Kasumi, you can play Phase 4.

Is lolimaid fun?