DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Rachel ain’t nothing that Helena wasn’t in vanilla.

Rachel doesn’t scare me as much as Sarah does.

I swear, Sarah v Bass is 9-1 on closed in stage, 8-2 on open stage, but practically the same as she can keep pressing advantage on poor slow Bass even in open space.

You can see Bass v Rachel here at 38:00 http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki/b/461537897

and Sarah v Bass here at 49:00 http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki/b/461595338

I don’t see the big deal about Rachel. There are people over at FSD already asking for nerfs for her and I just don’t understand it. Not only do I never even really see anyone using her online, but when I do it’s not like she’s especially frustrating to fight.

Most of my frustration comes from fighting Ryu’s…

I just wait in practice mode for matches.

We live on the generation of the lazy whiners, anything that beats them is unfair and should be patched out because the have lives and they can’t take the time to learn how to deal with it hurr durr.

Or Rachel is that stupid. We saw a ton of her in the tournament for a reason. Do I think she should be nerfed? yeah probably. Aint gonna stop playing is she doesn’t.

The new update allows you to unlock attire even replaying the same difficulty levels. So go ahead, rush Rookie Arcade Tag mode for easy costumes if you didn’t get them all already.

1337Lounge Live tournament now streaming.

glitch
http://youtu.be/qiS9nikefns

Her ass is so phat it bends the laws of physics.

So went ahead and bought Dead or Alive 5 off the “Big In Japan” PSN sale that ended a few days ago and I’m now wondering how I can:

1. Check the version of the game
  2. How to apply Ultimate if needed

I live in Europe so I’m not sure if I’m even able to play Ultimate yet, there’s a page for it over on PSN but I can’t “purchase” or “download” it which makes me confused. Afaik Ultimate has been released as retail already so there should at least be some kind of an EU version available already…

Also, is there no tutorial in this game? Couldn’t find anything but training mode. Starting to get frustrated when I can’t learn the basics and I’m not even sure if I’m rocking the correct version of the game. :confused:

You have vanilla which can’t be updated to ultimate.

Okay so how DO I get Ultimate as it can’t be downloaded and/or purchased off PSN?

You the might have to either just purchase the disc version or wait till psn updates for europe to be able to buy it.

Guess I just got owned by that sale then, I feel almost cheated for having them sell the vanilla version for me like that with no information on how to upgrade/purchase Ultimate other then a semi-empty store page for Ultimate which doesn’t tell you anything. Even tried to look up for the information on google, doaworld, freestepdodge, and several different game sites like gamefaqs and gamespot. Guess I should have come here first, huh? :stuck_out_tongue: Oh well, at least 15€ ain’t shit.

No offense but there’s a ton of sources letting you know it was a separate purchase, or even not seeing something - like no trace of ‘Ultimate Upgrade DLC’ or anything. Be very careful about impulse buys.

Yes but as I said, the fact that there isn’t such a thing as Ultimate to purchase over on PSN, even with all the news about the release of it etc, made me confused. Team Ninja or whoever have been VERY vague when it comes to Europe as they apparently don’t even know about release dates or any European details themselves.

edit: and the fact that finding a physical copy from a local store (at least for a decent price) is near impossible makes everything much worse. :stuck_out_tongue: Guess it’ll be yet another game to pick up once it hits <10€.

Tomorrow is when Core Fighters will be available in Europe. Chin just announced it.

Get out. Just get out.

In other news, Helena is fun and oh my god I can’t stop playing with her. Why don’t I see more people using her?

Rachel has counterpicks. Off the top of my head I can say that Ayane, Gen Fu, Brad, Helena and Kasumi are counters to her. Also, I believe that the Bryant siblings give her trouble as well (of course no one wants to talk about Sarah since she’s top tier as well).