DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

There’s certain counterhit effects in Tekken and SC, usually crumble stuns and such, that can train to react to for combos by setting all hits to be Counter-Hit.

Uhhh yeah there is. You have to look for it dude. I’m not home so I can’t tell you exactly where it is, but it is there with three options for Normal Hit, Counter Hit, and Hi-Counter Hit.

So I was thinking about giving Dead or Alive a real shot since I heard good things about 5. I just had some questions though.

1. What’s the general consensus on the netcode so far? If it’s at least decent I’m willing to rock with that.
  2. How easy/difficult is it to hop into? Also how similar is it to other 3d fighters?
  3. I heard you can swap around the music with the OSTs from older games in the series, but does it also allow you too use your own stuff ala Tekken Tunes?

It’s closest to VF(String variations, G-Cancels, 3-button setup, exchanges/pace), VF2 specifically(back and forth dash cancelling as the best form of movement, command throws being untechable), but it’s still it’s own game. However coming from VF you’d have an easier time getting into it just as long as you make some adjustments. The stun game you’ll either like or hate about the game, but that and kicking people off cliffs is it what makes DOA, DOA.

Just to add on to what @Femto stated

1. The netcode is a mixed bag of nuts IMO. At one point, if both you and your opponent shares 3+ bar, it is one of the best Netcodes around. However, if they are 2 and below, it is bad. Really bad. Sometimes 2 bars plays like 4 bars, sometimes 4+ bars drops down to 2 and below before the match starts, it all depends on who you fight and how stable your internet is. I personally had more good fights then laggy ones, but I run 50 up and 25 down.

2. Femto’s post sums this up pretty well. I’ll just add that this game is really easy to pick up and learn. The most time consuming thing in this game IMO is knowing whats safe or not with EVERY character if you plan on taking this game seriously.

3. The only thing you can do is just swap around music from the OLD OST, which is pretty godlike IMO. IF you pick this up on the 360 you don’t have to worry about this question that much though…

Also, if you have a ps3 you can download the CORE FIGHTERS demo, so you can actually test the game out yourself to see if you actually like it. You are able to play 4 characters and play all the modes except for story for an unlimited amount of time. If you like just certain characters you can just buy them instead of purchasing the full game as well.

Thanks you guys! That help out quite bit for me. ^^

I’d put netcode at the very least, better than SFIV.

That works for me then. I forgot to ask at first, but is there a good place to grab strats and stuff like that from?

http://freestepdodge.com/

Found the counterhit settings, thanks. It was kinda in my face really.

Downloading the game right now after failing to get into TTT2 and Injustice (I enjoy both games but I want to give DOA a chance). I hope 5 is better than 4… I had no way to test the game since Core Fighters isn’t available for 360.

http://youtu.be/D13aSIIVl4Q

Mila C7 is probably the closest we’ll get to a female Terry Bogard (unless Pocket Rumble miraculously gets funded).

The update now shows the collectors edition costumes as locked. Ugh. Are they going to put up the J-Pop set on PSN? I mainly play Lei Fang, and it’s annoying to see locked costumes.

JPop sets are already on the JP/Asian PSN stores (I was able to buy the “schoolgirl” set off JP PSN, completing my sets since I already had the “bad girl” and “pop star” sets that came with the disc).

http://artmic.com/images/dlc20130917.jpg

Tina and Mila. Oh man.

Christie’s is so Glee for some reason.

Also, shoutouts to lopedo for using that Sanford tech to win TFC.

sanford tech

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

Rachel so herp it derps… Seriously, she is pretty stupid to fight against, not mentioning the fact that she is a super heavy…

Is matchmaking fixed with the patch? I haven’t had time to play it this week.