DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Got this. Heard Hayabusa has issues and that Hayate sucks. Why Team ninja? WHY.

Because people got tired of ninja’s being to tier.

Also, Hayabusa was actually buffed in this installment.

As much as I appreciate the underboob, I’m sick of these characters always getting the new costumes, when others only have 3-5. TN always playing favorites

Well they make the game.

Anyway, I’ve been getting my ass kicked online, mostly because I’ve been overestimating my opponents. “He wouldn’t do a sweep a third time in a row, just watch me counterhit is mixup.”

KO!

“Sumbitch did it a third time, I’ll be damned.”

Had a ranked match where I was zoning a hitomi with my Bass using 3k and basic stun strings, and throwing when he held. He was mashing punch, or sometimes mixing it up with p+kppp. The whole time he was complaining about the game and that I was mashing (I’m using the slowest character in the game who has no strings and is poke oriented ). When I won, he complained that I was just abusing powerhouse character damage. #scrubworldproblems

LOL. You should share that in the [scrubquotes](Scrubquotes is back! thread.

The answer to most of your questions is VF. The game is a combination of mid/throw, stun/launch, and understanding your attack stuns to control your opponents. The free step system is primarily used for positional advantage and for stepping jumping attacks, where the sidestep is pretty much just tracking attacks or not tracking attacks. There are cases where It’s a semi-circular but they are few, primarily due to the attacks being air attacks that have multi non redirecting hits.

Contrary to most if not all fighting games, the game is heavy on throw punishment over attack punishment. You won’t find many going for throw punishment though since attack stuns can net greater damage than normal hit throws. Most of the attacks in the game are -5 to -12 on guard. That’s because the throws are tiered but speed. The only throws you can break are the 5 frame front facing neutral throw and the interval between most but not all combo throws. Throw speeds differ between the characters but basically you have your 5, 7, and 12 frame throw tiers. The slower the throw, generally the more damage or potential damage.for comparison, the fastest attack in the game is 9 frames, with launchers generally at 16 frames but many won’t launch for a juggle on normal hit.

I suggest taking a watch through this short video tutorial list as it might answer many of your other questions. It was made for Dead or Alive 5, but most of it is still applicable to DOA5U:

How do you snapback in tag in this game?

The way that i have been doing it is tagging in Kasumi with her 66K attack and Ayane with her 236K attack

i dled the old core fighters, just to have a look.
Unlocking stages is done by playing online only?
There’s no way i can sit through 250 games of this lag fest, tell me i’ve missed another way

Is interesting to see how polarizing are the netcode experience with this game.
I have been able to play with The Martian with basically not lag and i live on central america :coffee:

Anyone here going to TFC?

Rachel is nuts. She can just grab you right out of the air for another free combo.

And that stomp she has makes her pressure insane too.

Hayate definitely does not suck.

Hayabusa is a pressure god. He forces you to make decisions on a 50/50 basis and it’s usually within a very very short timespan.

Well from what I’ve read that was in DOA5. I’ve seen the changes for both in Ultimate but since this is the first time I’m actually learning DOA, not sure how great the changes were. So yeah, looking at learning those two and maybe Jann Lee my previous main from DOA3/4. Not sure if I’ll bother with Ayane this time either.

Still have a partner, 236h+p+k. The tag burst is 214 or I have them backwards.

For teams with alt tag throws, the alt command is 41236h+p+k

Momiji is hella fun, but her attacks are so sloooow! she has no GET OFF me attacks which hurts her alot. Characters that start getting in their flow bodies her quickly.

*** Also, Update on me tricking Tecmo for the pre-order bundle. It took sometime but I got one from them. They almost had me on the “PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM AMAZON” but I out smarted them… Now I honestly really have no use for those gamestop codes since I was keeping them just in-case I needed them but I got what I wanted.

LAST CHANCE TO GET THE POP IDOL/BIKER PLAYSTATION 3 DLC! I STILL HAVE TWO CODES LEFT! FIRST TWO TO PM ME GETS THEM!

ONE MORE LEFT PEOPLE! THE LAST POP IDOL/BIKER PLAYSTATION 3 CODE IS STILL UP FOR GRABS!!!

SORRY FOLKS! ALL GONE! THANKS FOR PLAYING!

It’s p2p, so it’s affected by routing and individual connection quality.

Momiji and Rachel are really badass, I knew I was gonna luv them

I hope they are canon to DOA6

Snap Back can be ‘tag canceled’ in a sense; qcf+tag during enemy stun. It’s the better option versus the cold tag version.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing. Although for Rachel, I’ve also been doing after her PPT side change.