DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

It’s a force tech, which is the DOA equivalent of a safe jump in that it limits your opponents moves on wake up.

How fast does the CPU tech/recover in training mode and is it possible to tech any faster?

I’ve found a few setups where the CPU isn’t able to tech out at all if you hit 2K fast enough.

On a related note, I’ll probably post whatever I figure out on this here as Erik is acting a bit too much like a drama queen over this on FSD.

[quote=“d3v, post:328, topic:160599”]

yeah, I was up late when I wrote that.
I just wanted to point out- doing tag mode will now unlock costumes for BOTH characters, not just the first chosen one like in DOA5. I found that out last night.

Ugh! So I didn’t have to play through the modes twice to unlock the costumes for Rachel and Momiji?! Dangnabbit.

Any fighting game I find low blocking and be able to switch effectively with low/normal block makes the biggest difference - especially against humans. Common sense though. After that is just learning your fat bangers, combos, and learning when you’re gonna be vulnerable.

Didnt think i would like rachel but hot damn is she fun, wasnt a big fan of momiji but seeing as how i face her every other match online she must be popular.

I’m not sure about DOA5, I know that the mila infinite was not guaranteed against AI recovery in sparring mode but worked on humans.

If it’s like previous DOAs, the AI will react 1 frame faster than an opponent as it doesn’t have to wait the 1 frame to confirm its button inputs. For example, in DOA3 you did have guaranteed ground throws, but there were some that required just frame timing and against the AI in sparring it would tech before the throw connected but a human could not.

If Rachel lands her 2K a frame before the opponent is in down state, she can technically connect it but the force up attack actually is bugged and will not force them up or cause damage - leaving the opponent in down state for wake-up options.

One thing people don’t realize with DOA is that you can hold down Down (2_) and you’ll auto block any low attack, even if you’re free stepping at the time.

I consider DoA5 a fair bit different than previous DoAs. It’s no surprise you’re kind of lost.

Do you get it consistently? Because that shit is annoying. It adds hella damage on a combo so it is pretty useful in the end…

I’m not much of a training mode guy. I learned some basic strings and then tested my luck. I learn best through playing the game than grinding training mode.

Sadly the main I want is locked behind the paywall (Bayman). I’m soldiering through the available cast until he becomes free in the rotation.

Wait what?
Is there a rotation of the cast on the free version?

I’ve been lurking this thread for a while, and honestly, all the hype has been getting me pretty curious about DOA as a series. I haven’t been able to break down how DOA, specifically 5, works on a fundamental level based on the footage I’ve seen, but this could be my incredibly poor lack of knowledge about 3D fighters in general.

What is the basic mixup in this game? Is it throw/mid like in Virtua Fighter? Mid/low like in Tekken? Does 3D movement actually play a part in avoiding damage and punishing like in Soulcalibur or (to an extent) Tekken? Or is it more a game about playing frame advantage with movement playing a part only for avoiding EXTREMELY linear moves and for post-oki positioning like VF?

If anyone can give me any kind of rundown about how this series (or perhaps specifically, this game) works on a fundamental level, that would be fantastic. While watching people stuns into launchers or Power Blows is cool to an extent, I feel like there’s a lot I’m missing.

When I started up the game I got a prompt saying Jan Lee and Hitomi will be available for free for a limited time. I assume that two extra free characters are on a rotation.

You can always try the game out yourself if you own a ps3. They have a free version ya know?

Someone play me. FT50. Lol. I don’t want to play anymore randoms.

Alas, I don’t have a PS3 or an Xbox 360 right now. My 360 red ringed on me last year, and since then, I just haven’t bothered to replace it or buy a new console, so most of my knowledge is just from reading or watching videos.

Believe me, I’d try out Core Fighters if I could. Team Ninja’s free to play model is friggin’ amazing.

i had 1-3, but within minutes of playing 3, i realized that i didn’t like doa anymore. hadn’t touched doa since then until i downloaded the f2p thing yesterday (mainly for nostalgic masturbatory purposes), and i guess it’s ok. i play VF and this seems a lot sloppier and more chaotic. sidewalking is like 10x the speed of any other 3d game i’ve played. you can circle around a character in like one second. i guess the idea of faster walking for positioning purposes (assuming this isn’t causing successful evades… i have no idea) is a good thing. the moves look so extreme in command training. i don’t get how you can play really cleanly when there’s so much over the top shit going on, like anything hayabusa has. i might do some more of the tutorial thing later.

Someone school me on Mila please.

Add me.

So, how does one do Sarah’s 3PK loop?