DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

It’s called “core fighters”.
Go to games > ps3 > free to play – or something like that.

Most every mode except story mode ($14.99)

It’s already out on HK PSN, not sure about US PSN.

A little heads up, I tried calling Tecmo earlier today multiple times but nobody picked up. I don’t think that plan would have worked well anyway because even the Voice message they had on the phone sounded like they could barely speak any english… And I called the AMERICAN hotline… So I think our best bet is just to send them emails. I sent one earlier today, hopefully they respond back soon. Also Gamestop gave me a bunch of DLC codes because they were having errors with their systems. I dunno if any of them actually work but if anybody wants to give them a try just PM me, I have two extra available. First two that PMs me gets it. And again I can’t guarantee you guys that they work.

I think it’s because you have to do the two punches before the grab very precisely. Otherwise it’ll mess up the input and the game won’t do the grab at all. It’s really fucking hard.

Wanna play a few matches?

I’m not even sure just yet. I really want to stick to training mode till I get Momiji and her retarded ass grab motion down. My ayane also needs some work too since they changed her a bit.

I just want to fight people without waiting in lobbies that have 10 people in them. This is insane. Lol.

Honestly speaking, I rather have large lobbies then no lobbies at all. Before Ultimate came out, there was only a set few players that constantly played DoA5, and we RARELY had over 5 lobbies at one time. Now we have over 20

I at least wish people could fight each other while others are fighting too in a lobby.

You can’t change the number of players.for the lobby? That’s one way to cut down I’m the waiting, no?

Gonna pick this up later today. Jacky’s.flip kick being chargeable and is his power launcher sealed the deal.

So I’ve been hearing from Rikuto that Rachel is pretty beastly and that getting hit by her is as good as losing.

i haven’t fought 1 Rachael yet. She seems hard to use.

Scored 11 wins in a row with momoji. This chick is beast.

Well according to Erik, her force techs are doing things that you wouldn’t expect force techs to do (the exact word he used was “broken”) and that once she knocks you down, that’s it.

I heard that in DoA5, the story mode mostly serves as a tutorial, teaching you various aspects of the game as well as letting you use all of the game’s characters at one point or another. Would people recommend purchasing story mode as a means of learning the game more and seeing what characters besides the core 4 they’d most like to use, or am I better off just playing the 4, and then if I continue to like the game buy 1-2 characters I think look mad cool (Brad/Mila). I get the feeling that the character bundle will be on a big sale for PSN Plus members so I don’t want to go balls out just yet.

Where do the four core characters compare with the rest of the cast in terms of difficulty of use? They all seem to have a complex aspect to them but I do not know anyone else in the game to use as a reference point. I’m used to ninjutsu styles in video games=high skill characters, but for all I know they can be DoA’s equivalent of shotos.

You can learn characters even without going through story mode.

Well I can do their command and combo training and just practice them, but I was thinking story mode would have an advantage because I think I could use all the characters before buying any of them, kind of like a trial offer. $15 is a little steep though, I could buy a lot of TF2 hats for that.

I got the ghetto edition of DOA5U since I have no money. I find it funny that I have all the characters I like to play as except for Mila are playable in the dollar menu version.

So…Change list?

I’ve played a bit of DOA5 when it came out but never stuck with it because of TTT2 at the time. I’m willing to get back into it but i’m wondering about a few things.

1. How is the online, do full bar connections feel good? Can you find people decently fast?
  2. Is DOA5U an improvement in the gameplay department or a “downgrade”?
  3. How are Sarah, Mila and Christie compared to DOA5, any significant changes? They were the characters i messed around with so i’m wondering.

http://freestepdodge.com/threads/changes-in-doa5u.3262/unread

I believe both Sarah and Christie have been buffed (surprisingly enough since the latest tier lists have them both as top tier).

1. Online is great as long as the connection is decent. However when it’s bad, it is fucking bad. But I’ve only played one laggy match so far, so at least that’s a good sign. Also, good luck trying to find a Ranked Match. I’ve only been able to find two so far. But lobbies in this game are crazy active, so that’s an option as well. It’s just annoying that you can’t fight someone in the same room while others are already fighting.

2. I’d say Ultimate is a very good improvement upon the last iteration. The new characters are fun, and the game is still pretty balanced.