DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

DOA4 was pretty poorly balanced.

DOA5 has better balance. If I had to say it though Christie and Sarah are a little too good. I wouldn’t mind them nerfed just a bit, but wouldn’t mind them buffing the rest of the cast as well. They just have too many options at all times of play.

I was wondering for a while now but how come Dead Or Alive doesn’t have it’s own board like the games from the more popular fighting game group in Shoryuken (street fighter,tekken, virtua fighter,ect)

DOA is just as popular (and for some even more popular) then some of those games on that list.

New vids up on the front page. TN’s Hayashi and Shimbori going up against Sega-AM2’s Katagiri and Takayuki.

…Anyone else going to mention the obvious cue from this, being that a team-up between Team Ninja and AM2 seems to be coming very soon? AM2 would not be there otherwise, considering that we all know VF6 is likely preparing for a reveal, perhaps within six months, if I’m reading their development cycle right.

I heard they wanted to make a crossover with DOA and VF soon

http://youtu.be/NMgwBu2hwZ4

I like what they have done with Rachel.

Yeah that was my favorite match, she looks like alot of fun

what exactly makes christie so good in doa5? i only got to play for about 2 weeks after launch before my 360 died on me :(. shes been my favorite character since doa3

In short,
Her unique step (Jakeiho) is more evasive than the universal side step as it can not only evade highs and mids, but also tracking highs and mids. It has four options from it: low sweep, limbo stunning mid kick, launching mid punch, or into another Jakeiho for the same three options.

She can also perform it mid string while you’re guarding.

She has some of the fastest attacks in the game.

Has some amazing safe crushes.

Also her juggle damage is on the high end.

She has a guard break that guarantees a launcher and can be cancelled before hit into Jakeiho.

She has trip stunning un-reactable low attacks in string forcing you to guess.

She has throws that leave her in frame advantage and some leave the opponent back turned.

Probably her biggest weakness is her holds, but good luck stunning her or forcing her to hold as that requires you to set the pace over her.

if you want to look at the latest tier list matchup chart, check here.

But in short, here’s the current tier list (as of July):
S: Leifang, Christie, Ayane, Kasumi, Sarah
A: Jann Lee, Akira, Pai
B: ALPHA-152, Gen Fu, Mila, (Ryu) Hayabusa
C: Brad Wong, Helena, Hitomi, Hayate, Lisa, Bayman
D: Kokoro, Tina, Rig, Zack, Bass, Eliot

well…DAMN!! this makes me want ultimate even more now just knowing shes so friggin awesome!
on a side note, not having a console is killin me, still not sure if i should save for xbone for KI or just get a 360 for DOA5U…i rly want both

I’ve been saying this forever. It’s insulting that we have a section for fucking Sony Smash Bros, but not this game.

I could understand more if there weren’t any sections for 3D fighters, but we have TTT2, Virtua Fighter, AND regular Tekken. If I remember correctly there’s even a thread purely made to get this website a DOA section, and it is FULL of people wanting one. Doesn’t make any goddamn sense.

Yeah that really sucks dude. I was hoping SRK out of all places would have a DoA forum but oh well. I can’t wait f!r this game though Hella excited~

I am insanely hype for this. Any word on if the DOA5+ costumes will be transferrable?

All DLC is transferrable. Most of the costumes will be on the disc so if you didn’t purchase the DLCs then most of the DLCs will be unlockable in-game.

Any xbox 360 users pre ordering from Amazon? If so when it comes out I’ll trade you the bad girls costumes for the school girl outfits

By the by, is there a release date for this yet?

September 3

What?
Wasn’t in october?

Nope it’s September 3

Hopefully the psn version will be up at the same time