Delta Red Debriefing: SSF4 Cammy Video Thread

Super is actually pretty damn good option to do. It punishes things so easily. I’ve actually had the option of using super more now that I’ve been playing on pad (… :frowning: no stick). It punishes any whiff’ed moves your opponent throws out. Wait, and punish. But yeah… Cammy builds up meter like crazy.

Super is actually pretty damn good option to do. It punishes things so easily. I’ve actually had the option of using super more now that I’ve been playing on pad (… :frowning: no stick). It punishes any whiff’ed moves your opponent throws out. Wait, and punish. But yeah… Cammy builds up meter like crazy.

Thanks man. Yeah I’m really surprise he picked Abel against Cammy. Cammy a really tough match up for Abel.

Haha no ways, Justin Wong is too beast to be free…

The timing for the combo’s did indeed change. I think it’s a little more easier to execute now. It doesn’t really have that slight pause like in vanilla.

Thank you, you have a good eye. :tup:

And I’ll try upload more video’s to the channel against some of the new characters when I can… Also, Eileithyia good job on organizing the videos.

TragicHero - Great Cammy, Very rush down :tup:

Went to a 45 man local launch tourney yesterday, and came away the winner. It included the awesome Akuma player ShinAkuma204 as well.

Tons of mistakes by me in the vid, I was hella nervous lol. I’m usually a lock for top 8 here but haven’t ever won an offline one, 3rd was the best I could muster and I only won one Vanilla ranbat O_o. Plus, playing a good player like ShinAkuma is much different when stakes are a bit higher. Definitely a good experience, and I’ll be much more composed next time.

Here are my top 8 vids:

[media=youtube]nYxLuWqbtes[/media] - Winner’s Semi’s Vs Rufus. This is a matchup that I used to have a lot of trouble with. Standing HK is a godsend. He messed up some ultra opportunities (almost everyone did), so I got lucky in that respect. Still, I felt pretty confident with HK and I like this matchup a lot more now. BTW, I still use Spike FADC Spike because it’s more about having my opponent scared of being hit by it as opposed to the actual damage it does. Fear and having the opponent hesitate even for a split second is huge. And when does Cammy not have bar to make up for what it uses? Still a tool everyone should use; it just shouldn’t be a punish combo of choice anymore. Not that 200 damage is something to be snuffed at (I still miss the stun though, haha).

[media=youtube]h8uHZj111Y0[/media] - Winner’s Finals Vs Dudley, Bison. This is the person I play the game against the most, so he knows most of the wrinkles in my game, and I don’t know exactly how to approach Dudley, so I’m just trying to adjust to him. Missed some punishes and made some dumb mistakes in this one, mostly due to ignorance. I just tried to play my game and eventually it worked. I usually play his Bison, so it wasn’t as hard for me since I know what he likes to do. Sometimes playing unlike you normally would is great against people you play all the time.

[media=youtube]1Y_3qjaNaw4[/media] - Grand Finals Part 1 Vs Akuma. I missed about 1 billion chances to Ultra/SBF/EX Drill through his far cr mk xx EX GoHado. Would’ve won me the tourney in the fourth match. Missed some combos and the BnB a bunchhhhhhhh of times. Chalk it up to nerves. Won’t happen again.

[media=youtube]vax-2K7olmw[/media] - Grand Finals Part 2 Vs. Akuma. I play a bit more solid in this one, but still don’t punish all the far cr mk xx hados, and could do better punishes on teleports and air fireballs. The sometimes-random drill is a part of my game, it helps me keep a bit of uncertainty in the opponent. It’s a long range, 7 frame sweep. Extremely useful before, and now its even safer, so what the hell.

Definitely still have work to do. I have to get better in higher stakes situations. My Championship title defense is on the 8th too :stuck_out_tongue:

With all this in mind, I only have two things to say:

1: if Cammy wasn’t high/top tier before, she probably is now. Just seems like she has a ton of tools for every matchup now (minus Balrog, and even that one’s gotten a little easier since she has a legitimate crossup now). Call it a hunch, but she’s really good IMO. I liked her Vanilla rendition. This one is better. You do the math.

2: Standing HK’s buff to CvS2 level, Drill being shorter and SBF approaching usability is some of the best stuff to happen to her game. She is so damn nasty now. One of the best special sets in the game, and one of the best normal sets to complement it too.

Welcome to any comments.

First of all, congratulations on the tourney win. I really like how you use s.hk. It gave me a good idea on how it should be used. I don’t see yet how it serves as a good AA like I read in some other posts, but perhaps I missed seeing it. I do like how it seems to be the go-to poke for Cammy like it was in CvS2 and being the core of her footsie game more than an AA.

Somebody get a video of sako lol. He is the number 1 ranked cammy on xbl right now! =P

Haha SAKO!!! <3

Sako (Cammy) vs Mago (Fei Long)

[media=youtube]5TtoEak6w6I[/media]

Nice matches to both Rokubear and Sasa. Good stuff guys.

deserves to be #1 (in my humble opinion)

omg with input… i will have to watch that later… (at work right now :shake: :arazz:)

i think i’m going to steal this vid and put to our channel. lol
not sure if mago is mashing or he is trying to do OS.

his inputs are weird…

why does he plink specials??? (the ones that are not in a combo) :looney:

every lk strike is done with :lk:~:lp: and sometimes its :lk:~:lk: (double tap)

hk strike = :hk:~:lk:

hk arrow reads :hk:~:lk:~:lp: (why it doesnt come out as EX?)

standing far HK reads :hk:~:lp:

i plink only in a combo with a hard link… like c.hp, s.far.mp, hk sa or in similar combos

:looney:

Uhm, what is plink ?

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=186686

If you have more questions. Don’t hesitate to ask.

thanks didn’t know kara= plink

Np, BTW ty for the add.

Anyways,

This is the video thread, and I’m just going to put up some videos that captured Standing RH’s effectiveness.

The Zangief match shows it very clearly. Not sure about Chun Li match though.

[media=youtube]U1YKqaKM57A"[/media] (I think this is the video that caruga below is referring to… maybe? It does fit the description “Cammy owns Zangief with standing roundhouse”)
[media=youtube]hfMySKN8Aig"[/media]

(I kept deleting videos because it had no sound, was not in widescreen format… it may have deleted your comments… )

Note: These are to showcase Far Standing RH in matchups.

So some thoughts… Use Far Standing RH on slow characters or characters that can’t punish well when it is whiffed. (I actually went back to Vanilla SF4 to test it. It seemed pretty good then too… not sure if things changed very much… I see that it does antiair in DJB’s cammy tutorial videos… )

I tried it on a Balrog, and when it whiff’ed I ended up eating a damaging combo.

This is not a poke that could be spammed against all characters.

I do however love using it on Chun Li. You know those Chun Li’s that love to Neutral Jump RH? Knock down, and on wakeup do a meaty Standing RH. Then hit Heavy kick a couple more times.

This video made me LOL.

[media=youtube]rJi4AmlFm4g"[/media]

Incidentally this link pulls up a lot of Cammy vids: Cammy youtube videos sorted by date.

Hey my tournament videos are up :smiley:

me vs Balrog/Bison - [media=youtube]WMGoFldspGE&playnext_from=TL&videos=GzV4cGzUHNQ[/media]
me vs Sakura - [media=youtube]335yIgcB_vg&playnext_from=TL&videos=KPxJIL_2D1g[/media]
me getting my ass kicked by Gief :frowning: - [media=youtube]eKPbcRihKrk&playnext_from=TL&videos=ViT-wK04-wI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9gQkwFNd-c&playnext_from=TL&videos=ArlOOdUUG3Q[/media]