Defenders Unite! (The MvC3 Hulk Team-Building Thread)

I got obliterated by Zeros yesterday. Any advice?

How did they fight you? Zone or Rushdown?

i’ve also been using x23 on point with hulk(forward rush assist) second and then iron man(beam assist). Its a pretty basic team gameplan wise, alot of x23 teleport mixups and easy dhc’s

another random shenanigan that seems to work is cancel stand heavy punch into in medium command grab. You walk a step, call assist(iron mans beam in my case), walk another step, dash jump cancell into jumping special, its pretty ambigous depending on when you jump cancell your dash

one Hulk team ive been using myself is hulk b/ zero b/ ryu AAA / so far its working pretty well for rushing down and controlling space as hulk can take alot of pain and dish it back out and zero can rush down like a beast or use his super to double his moves off point, which is nice, ryu’s srk allows for pretty good coverage of the air and hulk and zero can keep him safe rather easily or you can rush down with ryu and throw hulk in for extra dmg and control, i will say this team gets shutdown somewhat when trying to fight fireball wars, but that weakness only goes as far as you let it when all 3 chars have a solid answer for fireball spam (hulk has gamma wave, zero can just teleport , and ryu and just go LOL and beam super his way through.)

Rushdown. Had no idea when to attack or what to do. I got lucky a few times with random gamma crush but nothing smart

Pushblock his multi-hitting normals as early as possible, then whiff punish with st. C. I find that makes Zero respect you a little bit, but if he’s covered by Sent drones, you have to guess pretty much. Pusblock is the best way to deal with rushdown overall though.

What happens when they get me in the corner? Is there anything I can do besides random Gamme Crush? I’m thinking about putting Haggar on my team just for Double Lariat

If he’s just starting his rush, Gamma Wave shuts him down. If he’s in the middle of his rush, pushblock then go for a Light AA Gamma Charge. If you hit, launch into an easy air combo.

Right now I’m experimenting with Zero and Hulk, I just need someone to fill that gap. I think I may go with Morrigan but not sure.

zero and hulk and rush down pretty well together from what ive seen so for your 3rd char you really have alot of options, you could choose a zoning char like morrigan or ryu, pick another rush down char like wolv or joe , or a defence char like doom or arthur, it really depends on your play style and what your trying to do, personally i stick ryu due to he can do a bit of everything and his anti air assit can bring out the pain for ppl dumb enough to try to jump in on hulk, but do what you want and see how it works.

Thanks for the input.

I really like to rush down so I may try out Wolverine or X23. But I may also go with Ryu just because he’s a great all around character.

you might also wanna consider Iron Man alpha for his unibeam adv in proj wars, hell give u an edge plus has a good air rushdown so its not all ground based.

I think my final team is (key word I think, I’m changing my mind so much) is Hulk (not sure which assist is better for this team)/Haggar (2x Lariat)/Dormammu (again, not sure which assist is best)

I’m also not sure how this team would do against zoning/defensive teams?

I know Haggar should never be the point char, but now I’m torn between Hulk/Dormammu. Hulk doesn’t exactly build meter that well and Dormammu is slow as shit to start off of a fight, yet builds meter like crazy.

You guys have been very helpful to a very impatient Hulk player, keep up the tips:)

Hulk doesnt do too well on his own for breaking turtlers so you gotta be creative, mix up ur normals with tick throws and try to force him to go on the offence with ethier baits or mindgames, as for assists and which char to put on point, i dont dormammu other then hes a trapping zoning char so i cant help you there, as for hulk i know his assits all serve a differnet purpose, gamma wave beats out projs, gamma charge foward controls horizontal space well and can lengthen combos, and AA gamma charge is armored and allows for rejump combos, use what you think is best for team.

First of all, thanks for the tips in this thread. I’m a brand new MvC player (I played maybe five or six games of MvC2), huge superhero geek, and I LOVE the fact that Hulk is a big, green, wrecking machine in this game.

So far, my team is X-23 (Ankle Slicer) on point, Hulk (Gamma Wave), and…my third keeps changing. Any recommendations/thoughts on the following?

-Thor: Love his projectile assist, but having a little trouble approaching/making use of his grabs.

-Haggar: Double Lariat assist is a lifesaver, and is probably the main reason I want to make him part of my team.

-Iron Man: for projectile wars, and good in his own right.

Any thoughts on what might make the best team?

I’ve been running Hulk(wave)/Akuma(tatsu)/Doom(rocks). Akuma’s tatsu is great for covering when you when you want to pressure with s.H and if the H connects you can dash into launch and do your combo. Also love having Akuma to dhc into after a gamma tsunami. I like Doom rocks more than sent drones but sent is so ridiculous I might have him be in the third spot.

nori- my team is hulk/sent/hag. i started using haggar as point char vs zoning characters like deadpool. i am much more sucessful getting in with haggar for some reason. i understand haggar is way slow wavedash and his SJ sucks. I have to combine d+H to roll, regular jump+ pipe, SJ, and random qcf+H.

but once i get in or i corner opponent, the PIPE KILLS.

Puh Teams keep changing over over,…
So far got my choice down to Hulk(Wave)/???/Doom(Missiles)
I tried:
-Spiderman
-Magneto
-Ironman
-Super Skrull
-X23
-Wesker
-Dante

But none of those combinations felt really comfortable,… little bit of track here and need a good advice :wink:

X23 and Wesker are the best choices out of that list I think. both serve to OTG and make his C completely safe when pressing C+assist simultaneously without screwing with the actuall bounce C produces on hit. Both can help Doom with his up close game and create unblockables.

I’d also consider putting Doom on Rocks, seems better suited for a character trying to advance behind cover.

Thx for the tip.
wesker has indeed interesting setups. X23 dies to soon in my hands.
I am confused with Dooms assists, rocks, rockets :wink:
Assuming you mean molecular shield.