Defenders Unite! (The MvC3 Hulk Team-Building Thread)

haggar lariat assist stops rushdown. instant activation, and invulnerable for 3 spins. my team is hulk/sent(drones)/haggar(lariat)

drones with gamma wave for long pressure,
drones for cover when i rush in.
haggar to stop all incoming pressure.

forgot to add. if you hit with lariat assist, you can hit S for easy launch.

What do you guys think about Hulk/Dorm/Thor as a team? Or Switch Thor and Hulk around?

I’ve been practicing around with this team:
Hulk (Gamma Wave) [point]
Dr. Doom (Molecular Shield)
Haggar (Lariat)

Lariat assist right into Hulk’s qcb+2Atk Hyper seems like easy big damage, and Doom’s assist is just excellent. I’m not too great with Haggar, but whatever. Of course, I have yet to try this team against a human opponent. Really want to give it a go against one of my friends.

Has anyone experimented with Hulk/Zero/Sentinel?

X-23 meshes so well with Hulk, I’m just beginning to realize this now.

First of all, any of her combos that end with “j.:h: xx QCF+:l:, land, Ankle Slicer xx QCF+:atk::atk:” will always carry to the corner, even if you are starting from the opposite corner! So that means she gets a free DHC into Gamma Crush from anywhere on the screen, taking on an extra 300 000 damage to simple BnBs.

Her Ankle Slicer assist hits OTG and you can do some filthy set ups after it. After a forward throw, press :l:+:m:+:a1: to hop over your downed opponent while calling an assist. Then just neutral jump and press j. :h:. Free unblockable! There are many more set ups like this one. But yeah, X-23 is really good with him.

I’m gonna try X-23 out tomorrow when I wake up. I’ve been looking for an OTG assist character, good looks.

I’m using Hulk/Spencer/Storm right now, and Spencer has a decent assist that gets 'em off Hulk plus sets 'em up for a Gamma Tsunami. Plus, Spencer’s Falc–er, Bionic Punch can be DHC’d into Hulk’s Gamma Crush with good timing.

I wholeheartedly recommend using her, she’s so fun and has a lot of potential. She’s also strong because she can approach and mount an offense completely on her own, she doesn’t rely on assists like Hulk. She also teams well with Dr. Doom, because his Molecular Shield assist forces your opponent to block her mix ups, and there are only so many times you can guess right until you get hit.

That’s the team I’ve been using since release; X-23 (Ankle Slicer) on point, Hulk (Gamma Wave) and Dr. Doom (Molecular Shield). I have Hulk on Gamma Wave to help Doom with zoning, it’s also a really good assist for pushing people out and it OTGs, but the combo options are kind of limited.

So, i’ve been using.
Deadpool/Taskmaster/Hulk

And was wondering. Would Deadpool (quick work) and taskmaster (B assist the tilted one) Would Work good with hulk?
Since Deadpool’s Quick work is low I’d say he should work well. Not sure about Taskmaster though.

I’ve been running Hulk/Wesker/Phoenix. My reasoning was that I needed two guys who could build meter for Phoenix while doing plenty of damage with minimal meter usage, and I found Wesker and Hulk not only do those things, but work pretty well together (apparently the strategy guide says this). I’m not sure why it says they are good together, but for me it’s Wesker’s OTG assist and Hulk’s AA assist.

My favorite place to be is in the corner, because I can do this:

:l:
:h:
:s:
air:m:
air:m:
air:h:
air:s:
Wesker OTG assist
cr.:h:
Gamma Wave :h:

The damage is wonderful; 636.6k meterless and 876.6k with a Gamma Crush added on.

HULK NO SETTLE FOR PUNY DAMAGE!

What? Damage not good enough for you? Okay, well if you can manage it, in the corner do:
cr.:h:
and from here you do the same combo from above, starting from the first air:m:. This will net you 707.8k damage meterless! METERLESS! Tack on a Gamma Crush to get 935.8k…and I just gagged!

This is just a taste of what he can do with Wesker, but just know that with Wesker doing so well himself without much meter, while these guys may be an odd couple, they can make quick work of a team.

Edit: I have since found out about Gamma Wave, I finish pretty much everything with it now. You’re exactly right, Tofu, the damage is godlike in the corner after Gamma Crush. Gotta love the big man.

You should always be doing Gamma Crush in the corner; Hulk can OTG by himself with Gamma Wave xx Gamma Crush. I have a 900 000 damage corner combo with just 1 bar, Hulk is a beast in the corner.

I’m running Hulk (AA)/Doom (Plasma Beam)/Storm (Whirlwind). I think this is my final team, I tried Wesker and don’t feel comfortable w/him at all. Who should be on point if I use this team?

I sort of forgot about her and was put off on using hulk because I really don’t want to use wesker or sent just for OTG but she is actually alright.

Hi there fellow Hulksters :wink:
I really like him and try to use him on point.
So far i come up with a few different teams I am trying out, but this my first MvC and I need to learn to ropes. So I appreciate your help very much.

Team Idea: Allround, have 3 different Fighters to work together.
Hulk does great damage, and has alot endurance. My goal is to cover his/my weaknesses against zoning/keepaway. I am using Alpha assist atm with him for OTG.

Teammates:
-Spiderman, very agil and has alot of combos potential. Great movement. Good for rushdown and keep away. I am still undecided about assist.
-Ironman, good assit with Bombs(OTG) to enlarge Hulks combos. Good for rushdown and zoning
-Magneto, good allrounder (zoning/rushdown/mixups and combos), So far been using Emp assist.

>Team1: Hulk/Spiderman/Ironman
>Team2: Hulk/Spiderman/Magneto

So this is my theory, but in fight it really looks different,… ;(
My Question: Would you please share any thoughts about that with me?

Well first off, you need a projectile assist to cover Hulk as he rushes in, so Uni-Beam or EM Pulse is a must. You could use Spidey’s Uppercut for his assist, since it never hurts to have an Anti-Air on your side. As for the team, I’d go with Hulk/Spidey/Mags. Shellhead’s combos aren’t as good as Magnus’, plus he can finish them off with three powerful Hyper Combos (Tempest, Shockwave or Gravity Crush if you have lvl. 3).

Been rolling with Hulk/Doom/X-23 myself. Team works very well together.

Might have to try out Molecular shied assist with Doom though. I’m using his beam assist right now. Gamma wave assist with Hulk will win most projectile wars with Doom beam easy. Just gotta watch for beam hypers. Ankle Slicer with X-23 works great for extending Hulk combos in corner as well as setting up unblockables with Doom’s air dash j.M.

This team is pulling ahead as my main team over Doom/Trish/Dante right now.

Cross-posting from the Thor forum:

Just going to throw this out: Hsien Ko (Pendulum)/Thor (Mighty Spark)/Hulk (Gamma Wave) rocks the house. I lead with Ko then get her hyper armor going and get her out (tag, DHC, air exchange, etc.) asap, then start in with Thor or Hulk. The synergy is amazing. Ko’s armored Pendulum is ridiculous as an assist, and it totally paves the way for the bruisers to get in and stay in. And they do sooo much damage, that the opponent has to be scared to punish because one slip and they eat 100% pretty easily. And between Mighty Spark and Gamma Wave, you can actually win some projectile wars (stops Sentinel assist cold). Thor and Hulk also both have specials that are their primary forms of movement (Mighty Strike/Smash and Gamma Charge), so that’s some nice synergy, as well. And the DHC’s are ridiculous. Catch them with Mighty Tornado and you get a free Gamma Crush. Catch them with Gamma Wave and you get a Mighty Thunder. And as for Hsien Ko, Tenraiha goes perfectly with Gamma Quake or Mighty Tornado, and Chireitou goes with Mighty Thunder or Gamma Tsunami. You guys REALLY should try this team.

Yo man if you can get any gameplay up with this team I would be greatly appreciative. Team sounds pretty devastating.

Think I finally found my team.

Trish on point using traps and quick rushdowns when needed, Morrigan giving me meter since it’s so easy with Trish out there… and 3rd Hulk ready to smash.

Since I have lots of meter it’s also nice being able to DHC Hulks simple combos into a level 3 if need be, since they both have a very capable one.

Trish - Morrigan - Hulk Give it a try. =)

thnx for the input,
right now Hulk(alpha)/Magneto(alpha)/Spiderman(gamma) works great together.
This teamorder is great for Aerial tag combos, starting with hulk to launch, aero tag to magneto aero tag spiderman who finishes with Air maximum spider, really loving this <3 Huge dmg and fast meter building if you use down+S :wink: