De4dEyE's Magneto Q&A thread

take out ken as soon as possable … that way you can move around the stage more … if the use akumas asst more then just keep push blocking akuma back so you can get out

i think the best way to win any match with an AAA is to always try to take out the AAA first

Cool! Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.

Good way to kill Ken AAA is when he touches the ground: Launch XX tempest. If the other player does nothing, do it again if you have the meter.

The more annoying is assist is Akuma expansion. Goddamn hurricane kick beats out psy for some reason.

cant you just duck under the akuma asst or do a c.rh under him?
also if you have ken , cammy , commando … them 3 have asst that go through just about anything … so if you are playing with one of them 3 then akuma should be no problem

ken’s AAA is out long enough for you to hit him even after he hits you so you have alot of time to take him out …

i know some people have problems with ken landing behind them … a simple tri-jump back + hk will take care of this … there are so many things you can do its all up to you … just dont forget about the other char out there with you

ok the video web site is back up and running … There is a new look … all the videos i have are listed on the web site … not all of them are downloadable yet untill i get them uploaded into the web space … you will know when you can get them because the “still to come” will be gone … i hope you all like it … dont forget to send in your comments to help make it better , seeing as how its for all of you … anyways heres the link again

http://hometown.aol.com/mvc2mags/index.html

Hey Domin.
The site looks ok, but the only thing is that i can’t access any of the files. It brings up an error for me after i download it and tried to unzip it.

Actually, I’m not sure if you can duck under it or not. I’m leaning towards no. And he’s talking about MSP vs Team Shoto.

If the player has any brains he’ll cover his assist somehow, meaning a launch XX tempest will either get stuffed or you’ll eat a super. If he has no meter, do that. If he does, fierce the assist to death.

Any more questions?

Totally didn’t see this one. My bad. I know Geekboy already gave a pretty good answer, but I’ll give my own anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

MSP vs MSS can go either two ways. MSS gets rushed down badly, due to the lack of an immediate assist. Sents assists, either the drones or the rocket punch is much too slow to get the other Mags off of you. And that’s not even including psy. Since psy hits two times, she gets past sents super armor and knocks him down. If it’s sent-A, then she gets away easily. If it’s sent-Y, however, more often than not psy takes 1 or 2 drones in the face. But anyway, once MSP gets started, it’s difficult to get them off of you.

Scenario 2: MSS plays smart and patient. Meaning kill psylocke. :slight_smile:
Call drones after psy is called out, and get some good fierces on psy. After a while she either dies, or the other player stops calling her for a while. Most MSP players abuse psylocke. I mean, even if there’s a 10% chance psy will hit you from where your char is standing, they’ll call her. Take advantage of that and after a while MSP becomes MS. A smart player won’t do that, they’ll be more cautious. But once rushdown fever kicks in, they sometimes throw their safe game away and go all out. That’s the time you kill them.

As Geekboy said, it’s about a 50/50 fight. MSP has to gain momentum and stay on MSS, while MSS has to play a bit safer and kill Psy, thus destroying MSP’s momentum.

ok i dont know who all might be able to answer this besides ekin but if you can go for it … anyways if you seen the TP next episode video you will understand alot better … can you super jump cancel (not suki cancel) magnetos s.hk if it is blocked ? cause if you can you can make a bad ass cross over and more then likely get in some free hits … i know it works if it isnt blocked so even still you could do something like
tri-jump over + hk , c.lk , s.hk xx ad/df , c.lk , c.hp , rom infinite

i’ve never been able to, and there are MANY MANY cancels that do not work when blocked, I mean, in theory, you should be able to cancel all launchers into a sj…but when blocked, you just sit there and get hit. although, that would be tyte…the only thing that i am aware of that can be somewhat sj.cancelled is s.lp

suki cancel

Can someone explains this for me? I asked a question about a storm combo and they said there might be alot of suki canceling. Just wondering what it is. Thanks!

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18721&highlight=suki+cancel

Go there for suki canceling info.

you dont need suki cancel to do that storm combo, they just used it to do like c.short short for some extra hits, the basic idea of it is possible without suki

hp throw hyper grav tempes

is mags hp throw + hyper grav tempest unmashable

suki cancel

if you are talking about the TP next episode video :56 - 1:06
i dont know … it looks like suki but theres nothing there to say it is … no ruby hart is being played … from what i seen it looks like it gos
c.lk sj , ad/df , lk , lk , lp , hk , hp , dash , repeat

theres another part of that video with magneto doing kinda the same thing dash c.lk , sj , ad/df , lk , lk , lp repeat …

the one with storm at 2:02 - 2:08 i think is suki but thats hella fast suki canceling … looks like is
lk , lk , lk , sj , ad/df , lk , lk , lp , lp , lp , hp+lk , lightning storm

hp throw hyper grav tempes

No, it’s not. Once a hyper grav touches you, you can mash out of it, regardless of the hp throw shards.

is there any new shit with mag/im-b? if you know any good combos that you think i might not know of…give it a whirl, im lookin for new stuff, but i just can’t find it.

also, combofiend used to do this, rh grab in the corner, usually after a GB, s.lp+im, s.lk, em-disruptor, im hits, c.lk, c.rh, hyper grasp, launch, dash down combo, infinite

Hmm… haven’t heard too much stuff with mag/IM-b recently.

I’ll give it a try though.

c.lk + IM, c.lk, wait like half a second, EM disruptor, tempest.

This one is just ghetto:

Launch, fk, ad.df, lk, lk, fp + IM, into shockwave. :o

I’m not too into team fiend, so I never really messed around with the possibilities, aside from the

launch, fk, ad.df, lk, lk - and go on from there.

Hope that helps somewhat. :confused:

In terms of effectiveness, I don’t think there’s anything new with Mag/IM-b. But there are some neat things you can do. I think you can s. hk + IM xx Hypergrav, repeat, repeat. And from there, launch into aircombo or something.

Throw into assist works pretty well too, if I remember correctly.

Ekin’s Videos

Just wondering if anyone can send me some of Ekin’s videos directly because the one’s I got from Domination’s site are not working.

Ekin, what happened to the direct link to get them man? Thanks!