Dandy J's KOF Tutorial (designed to help transition from Street Fighter)

waitiing for part 3… thanks in advance

fucking awesome man!!!

Cool. I’ve always respected the KoF series but never got into it because I was to addicted to Street Fighter to care about learning it seriously. KoF12 looks so awesome that I think I’m going to start there. Thanks for the vids man!

Hey Dandy J, smile your on front page NE news: http://www.neoempire.com/

say Dandy, how much time do you think you’ll have to spend with XII before making guides for it?

Dandy J thanks sooo much for this. This game is incredibly deep.

Why isnt this game popular in USA? I have much more fun palying KoF than SF for some reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to Part 3 and KoF XII XBox 360.

because americans grew up on sf and hated anything else.

This is a great video, one of the best tutorials around. Thanks Dandy.

I am as well. I’m practicing all that stuff and trying to get it down pat. Saved the vid in my favorites. I’ve earned a lot of respect for KOF in the past few days I’ve been playing it. I’ve played SNK many times before but never noticed all the cool stuff they had in it. I’ve been practicing breaking falls, blocking throws, block counter-attack, rolling tactics, etc.

These videos are awesome, they helped me a lot in figuring out what was happening with this system. I even managed to drag a few friends away from SF4 and GG:AC to check it out.

Dandy J thanks very much for this, still waiting for kofxii coverage from you, i’m sure it will rocks.
your videos makes my eye opened, that kof is more complex and deeper than sf iv, imo anyway.

Thanks a ton for these tutorials, they’re really great. I had messed around in KOF some before, but never really attempted to learn too much about the game’s fighting system. Me and a few friends have been playing 2k2UM recently, and the info contained in the videos has helped a lot.

part 3

Awesome tutorial. Ill refer to it once I get around to actually opening my copy of KOF12.

Thank you very much for the guide. After watching this a lot of the stuff I was getting hit by in the arcades that seemed random makes a lot more sense now. I’m gonna have to practice the hopping but I can see how it is the key to the higher level play of the game.

I watched these vids before I bought KOF XII and felt a lot less intimated when I finally picked up the controller- thanks DandyJ :slight_smile:

These vids are awesome.

But I just get confused with the A,B,C, and D buttons. I forget what they are. If someone could help me out lol

A - light punch
B - light kick
C - hard punch
D - hard kick

Cool thanks! :tup:

Sorry, just that transition from Street Fighter, you know.

Updated with complete video. My esteemed apologies to Dandy.