Dandy J's KOF Tutorial (designed to help transition from Street Fighter)

I sort of agree on this point. Don’t get rid of the text, but do add voice. Maybe scout the internets to see who’d be a good Kyo voice.

EDIT: Is there anywhere that can give you a good guide on specific characters via video?

He just updated part 2 (it’s at the end of the video) to focus on Rolls.

[media=youtube]jF5yg2QH_Lw[/media]

Thanks Dandy J.

Hey J, what to do against people who spam grabs all day? My friend LOVES to do Shermies little throw where she does a backwards cart wheel. Thats all he likes to do, I can’t attack him on wake up or even jump away, since it catches out of mid air.

You know you can block that “grab” right? If you’re having problems dealing with Shermie using it on wakeup, try to bait it with a hop and then roll forwards as she wakes up such that you’re invincible during the attack. The move has a lot of recovery but it also puts a fair amount of distance between Shermie and the opponent if they block it.

Just one little thing, grab/throws makes no difference am I correct? It doesn’t matter what terminology I use, it’s the same thing. Unless that Shermie move is an attack throw. I tried rolling, usually on recovery he does it again and again, etc.

This project is finished. I won’t be making another tutorial video until after KOFXII is released.

I have a ‘complete’ version of the tutorial in 1 piece with spelling fixes, etc. If you have an old YouTube director account that allows for videos over 10:59 and don’t mind uploading a 900mb file, please pm me.

Like Remixi said, it’s not actually a throw, you can block it. She will end up far away, but there’s a lot of recovery so try to find something fast and long range to punish with your character. Actually you can probably run up and do close C > whatever if you react fast enough.

Dandy, you’re the best. it feels great being able to watch matches between good KoF players and actually be able to tell what they’re doing and why. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tested it out in Regular 98, it hits even crouchers. Her qcb+P that is.

Big thanks to rogueyoshi for uploading the full thing: [media=youtube]Ye3KVgI1LvU&fmt=35[/media]

Awesome. Any chance of a torrent of the full version?

Just use keepvid to download it from the internet.

Thanks.

Thanks again for making this one, Dandy J. I learn something new every time I watch it. Invaluable.

thanks man

Thanks so much!! As someone who just got into fighting games with SF IV (PS3) this is an immense help, and I’m really getting stoked for July 7th release now :))))

Amazing tutorial, has helped me get into KoF alot, I can’t wait for the rest of it.

You know i have to say that i am very greatful for him making these vids because this is my first time getting into a kof game and i have always wanted to play one and thiese vids are a great help, thanks alot!

Thanks very much Dandy J for the vid. Its helped me out tremendously and allowed me to get alot of my friends more interested in KoF

do the “Dandy J”!!!

:))))