Complete "How to Change the Music in MVC2 + How to make your game selfboot" Thread

Yeh,all the programs are supported for 98…only one way to find out,though…I’m gonna take a nap and try it out in a bit… :smiley:

Here’s how to make a batch file to convert all of your WAVs to ADX as I mentioned earlier:

1. Open notepad
  2. type: adxencd “name.wav” (ie. ADX_MENU.WAV)
  3. Do the same thing for all of the wavs you want to convert, but make sure there’s a space in between each command like…

adxencd “ADX_MENU.WAV”

adxencd “ADX_S000.WAV”

etc.

1. When you’re done, instead of saving it as a .txt file, save it as as converter.bat or something (make sure to put it in the same folder as your adxencd program).
  2. Make sure all of your wavs are named properly, then move them to the same folder as your adxencd program.
  3. Run converter.bat from DOS, and it should convert the wavs for you.

This WILL NOT loop the sound files unfortunately, but whenever I make an MvC2 disc, I only loop the training stage anyway (with or without a time limit, your fights shouldn’t last like 4 mins anyway, right?)

The attachment is just how your converter should look in notepad.

i would like to learn how to make my own copy of.

Hey Combo,your site doesn’t seem to load up for me anymore.Is the bandwidth exceeded or somethin?Any other way to get to it?I was almost done til I had to restart and now it won’t load up again…:bluu:
EDIT-Nevermind…it’s up again…:slight_smile:

KingzJuster, p-p-p-pm. I feel like such a helpdesk :smiley:

site still works for me

Site has been updated and link has been changed. I will add a better intro page later.

Here is a new link to my site.
http://zachd.com/mvc2/colors/tools/ComboMasher/Combomasher%20Guide/index.html

preppy-edit: fixed link

Ok so I have all of the .adx files converted to .bin,but when I try to drag them into the MVC2 folder,it says “Cannot copy ADX_name. Make sure the file is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.”. I’m not using it in anything else,but it won’t let me copy it…any advice?:confused:

hey where do u get this image file at? i have a burned copy but its not self boot. I use a boot disk to boot it.

i_like_mvc2, check pm.
I’ve been doing what I can to help out people with this customizing shit, so anyone that needs help just pm, aim, or msn me. I got nothing but time :stuck_out_tongue:

AIM: ZeroHawkEYE
MSN: Omega_HawkEYE@hotmail.com

i don’t mean to be a bitch but is there anyone who has or is trying to customize the music in cvs2?? i have, but the process is a little different.

I would also like details on what to do differently with cvs2, if anyone knows please post.

CVS2 the same. I got got a self boot one that didnt let my music edits work cause of Dummy file yadda yadaa so I made a dummy file from the selfboot to non selfboot FAQ someone wrote.

I study songz haard. Takes me forever to do an edit cause the songs have to be just fitting to stage chars game evv thing. See me on AIM sometime if u feel u got a good edit maybe we can share info.

Does anyone know of a complete or near-complete (or bigger than 2) list of games that can be remixed?

ComboMasher check your pm’s plz

Bump cause I need this for my CvS2 I’m making.

site is down

if anyone has a copy of the us version of 3rd strike(burnt of corse), could you plz look and see if there is a ip.bin file and post the result (there or not)
thanks

-shifty

Yea for some reason my copy of 3rd strike doesnt have any adx files… someone else have same problem?

they should be in a sound directory and not the root directory like mvc2 and cvs2. other then that, does it have an ip.bin file and what version in it??