Complete "How to Change the Music in MVC2 + How to make your game selfboot" Thread

Am I allowed to ask where I can get that MvC2 image file you guys are talking about? If so, where can I get it?

De4dEyE, check pm.

I got as far as the self boot step, but I got an error DOS saying, “IP.bin file not found. Would you like to make an IP.bin file?”

I say yes, and then it asks me what name I want to give it. I try 1st_read.bin (it says it is common) and then the DOS screen disappears…any answers to this?

I thought it was that I forgot to replace the 1st_read.bin file in the first few steps, but I did it again and to no avail…

/\ It’s probably because you’re using a selfboot of MvC2, you need a non-selfboot.

I’m having this problem too. :frowning:

I’m still having troubles loading the site. Can anyone help me with this pls.

I did it with a selfboot copy. And for the pictures overlaping the text on the page, try loading the page using internet explorer if you are not already using it. Firefox was doing the same thing to me.

Is it possible to start this process with a US self booting copy or does it have to be either non self boot or a Japanese self booting copy first? I tried this so many times and got a ton of coasters. EVeryone told me it’s because the disc I took the image from was self booting to begin with. Any insight?

aren’t you just supposed to use that 1st read file in the tutorial?

I also did it with a selfboot copy. I had the same problem there too. When you’re making the image I think you have to use “track-at-once” and not “disc-at-once”. That’s how I fixed my problem.

In the end, I lost 2 discs with no success. It just wouldn’t boot up in the dreamcast (even with a bootdisc), I’d go to the music screen instead. The first burn I used discjuggler and second Nero.

Just for reference: the file “ADX_HERE” is the “Here Comes A New Challenger” tune. You had it marked with a question mark on the site.

-Nicholai!

Hey, it worked like a charm. You’re awesome. I have one quirk, though. The music isn’t as loud as I thought it would be…any solutions?

there is no dummy file in cvs2 ( at least in my copy ) there is a giant 0.dat file. is this technique confirmed to work with cvs2 exacty the same way or are there differences I should know about?? thanks

Anyone know how to get the “Ease MP3WAV converter” to convert more than 30 files? Once you get to 30 it wont let me convert any more at all. Also with discjuggler, know how to make it record faster than x4?

tharimrattler, check pm.

Take the WAV into Sound Recorder. Go Effects>Increase Volume by 25%. Do that around 3 times, and it should be much better.

Wow my post is now a sticky. I will be updating it with some of the info you guys have provided and some other tools for the whole process incase some of the ones listed dont work.
p.s.- has anyone tried cdi2nero and burned there selfboot mvc2? if so did it work for you?
And has anyone tried making the image file with CDRwin nistead of nero? CDRwin is fucked up on my computer, it makes winrar files not image files, weird.

Very interesting.I’m gonna try this out later today.But will this method work for Windows 98 as well?I noticed in the tut that it was done with Windows XP… :o

I always use CDRWIN to make my image files, and it works fine.

-Nicholai!

ok cool.

Should i try and spice the site up with a new design on the next update, or should i keep the simple layout?

Anyone know why my CDRWIN would be making Winrar files instead of Image files lol?

KingzJuster16-i am not sure if it works in Win98. As long as the programs that are in the tutorial are supported under Win98 i think it would work.

has noone tried this with cvs2??