Columbus, OH: jinmaster got banned, lolwut

I’m about to go to FC now, I got out of work a little early. I’m just gonna talk to peeps and do casuals since I’ll be so late.

I wanna know how many they got for sf4.

They never went through with the live feed. Oh well.

Think it was just supposed to be the finals right? I’m wondering if they’ve even finished the SFIV tourney yet.

I overslept so didn’t make it down there.

Im wondering who won heh

Somebody needs to post up with the results.

I was also wondering about the live feed…

Antwan Ortiz won. I have the final match taped on my cellphone (I have to go buy/borrow a cable so I can put it on my computer), Moses had a video camera but it ended up getting switched on in his pink backpack and he didn’t bring his charger.

Final match was Antwan (TheAlucard on SRK or something like that) vs. Jinmaster. I might be able to put the videos on my PS3 via bluetooth and then copy it to my PSP and then onto my computer so I can merge em all together.

The setup was nice there. I didn’t really play much, just a little HDR…so RUSTY lol. I’ve only heard good things about Ant’s Balrog…kinda sad I wasn’t there to witness it

I’ll have the shaky cellphone vid up on youtube soon enough.

Just have to convert it and combine it now.

Guess it was in a resolution TOO HIGH for your desktop.

Combining video segments now and will upload it to Youtube shortly. I apologize for the terrible quality, it was the only video we could get since Moses’ camera battery died.

Doh ho hoooooo, iC wut u did thar. 2 my laptop: you lame, you lose. Durrhurr.

:bluu:

No, I was quoting Marcell from the FC topic.

Kay video’s uploading, I apparently forgot to record the final 2 rounds because I was too busy watching the match to hit record again. (had to record it with my phone and it records in 32 second increments, so there’s quite a bit of cutting and I’m no pro at video editing.)

Yeah, so was I. “You lame, you lose” was something he mentioned earlier. The added sarcasm and disappointment were just real-life things I’d say or do, like if I was playing a shoto that thought the greatest thing in the world is their dp. It’s just a way of me being an ass and saying, “Hey, you annoy me and this is what you sound like.” It’s not directed to you if it came off that way.

It’s also one of Jay-Z’s worst disses.

The setup today was really awesome. Marcell and Mike did a great job. Its a shame that this event was degraded so much cause it turned out very well. No one got robbed, Jinmaster didnt take a plane to Cali at noon…nothing like that. Just pure fun. Its a shame that HD Remix didnt get that many people cause I have been playing that the most the past week or so…trying to improve.
Antwan’s Balrog is just nasty…sick nasty. He just pressures the crap out of you and never lets off. I think he really took Mike out of his game (Tiger shot,HK) lol. It was good stuff. Mike had some great matches though so I am not taking anything away from him…Antwan is just pure beast.

Oh yeah, I forgot you had to leave TvU early and his bracket was later in the night.

His Balrog is stupid good. I got few casuals with him and I think I took one round, and it was pretty lucky. edit It looks like he won Focus Cancel, then drove down and won the Arcade Legends tourney too.

@Bing: What kind of numbers did they have for HD and IV?

HD…like 3 to 4…Me and Clint and a couple of other guys lol. It was sad. We decided to not do the tournament and just keep the money and play some casuals.

IV- there were a little over 20 I think.

Smash Bros was freaking huge though…I was surprised. Didnt know that game had such a huge following. But hey I am a noob and really just started getting into fighting games here recently.

I do feel the negativity really hurt this tournament. But like Marcell said its only going to get bigger and better and I trust him. Marcell seems to have his shit together.

I imagine the showing for Smash stems from the person that ran it. He was advertising it a little bit differently on Smash fansites, and he handled the drama far better. 4 and HDR could’ve been huge, had things not fallen through. Not a bad showing, but definitely not the 100 Marcell was touting at Game Night.

FC tournament was well done. the holiday Inn was really nice we had a huge room with great setups. Lots of people brought setup so casuals where always going on. One of the things I dislike about tournament is the few games you get to play unless you win.
Lots of setups so I think I was playing a game almost as much as I was there.

With all the negative going around I am suprized at how many people did come out.
It was mostly Columbus players and most had not played with the brent group much.
Bing and I evangelized as we could. This was also crazy to me because I think a lot of people are intimidated by tournaments.