Chicks love combo's: The Iron Man Combo Thread

Most damaging bread and butter , most meter building by kombokaze
http://shoryuken.com/f367/true-ironman-midscreen-relaunch-bnb-268560/

Notations please?

Could someone explain why near every MVC3 player never put notations on their combo videos? Its really frustrating when someone says look what this character can do, but i won’t tell you how.

Don’t think anyone’s posted this, but Ironman can land 2 level 3’s.

Starting with 5 meters:

Iron Avenger, wave/kara dash to corpse, OTG L.smart bombs, st.L, cr.M, st.H, S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, dj.H, dj.d+H, dj.S, call assist (most multi hitting ones will work), L.smart bombs, Iron Avenger, wave dash H.smart bombs.

Does about 1.1 million depending on the assist. The trick is to wait for the assist to hit to get the 3 levels.

It’s a complete waste of meter, but a fun little combo none the less and even more impressive if you Xfactor through a blockstring into the first Iron Avenger.

:d::l::d::m::h::s:, neutral sj, :h: xx fly, :m::d::h: xx unfly, addf, :d::h:, land, :d::m::s:, :m::m::h::d::h: xx double jump, :m::d::h::s:, land, dash xx :dp::l: xx :qcf::atk::atk:

705, 400 dmg

Omitting Proton Cannon (If you’re playing a Phoenix team, or we), end in M Smart bomb for 536,700 dmg.

It’s very important that you neutral sj and leave the stick alone when hitting H. If you get up H or angle the sj towards them, it makes the addf down H IMMENSELY more difficult to do. Before neutral sj’ing, my success rate was like 1/20. after, I hit it 90% of the time. I get some misses now because on the unfly, i’m to quick with the stick and I get a team areal exchange, or I go too slow and I miss the addf down H then. It’s a very small window where it works, and it’ll take some time (it took me a few hours) getting used to. Regardless, this combo is the real deal. It works on all 38 chars, too. As with usual Iron Combos, you can combine the smart bomb otg with an assist to get you a relaunch (I anchor akuma so tatsu assist nets me a bit extra damage), or give you a cleaner hit into proton cannon if you’re not good with the cancel.

Props to Kombokraze for making a thread on a combo that wasn’t optimal and even trying to name it. Not saying mine is optimal either, but I didn’t make a fucking thread about mine. I love you Kombokraze :smiley:

I’m having trouble with the potential bnb combo the opponent never comes close enough to the ground wat should I be delaying and what should I be hitting quicker?

when i do it, I do the j. H, fly, j. M, J. D+H, unfly as fast as I can.

then while i’m falling do the j. H, double jump (up forward), j. H, j. D+H in a slower rythym. the way u do the last 3 hits will determine if u can relaunch.

Can Iron man combo from air throw in the corner? EDIT: Nvm, didn’t realize he could ground smartbomb.

Whats his combo from air throw midscreen?

I didn’t see anyone post this yet, but here is a pretty simple X-Factor combo that has the potential to do 100%, depending on how much bar you can burn/team mates/opponent/etc.:

j.d+H, cL, cL, cM, S, jM, jM, jH, jS, H Smart Bomb, Xfactor, S, jM, jH, jS, H Smart Bomb xx Proton Cannon
~870k Damage

I’ve only been able to do this in the corner, but it’s not too hard to push your opponent to the corner in this game anyway.

Now, let’s say you have a partner or 3 levels of super, I use Taskmaster, so I can DHC into angled aim of hawkeye super and that will do about ~1,046 Million.

If I do Iron Avenger after the second smart bomb OTG: ~1.1 Million.

Many partner assists can enable you to relaunch after a smart bomb too.

I think my prob is I put s.c at the beginning. Also the potential combo said u could replace the j.c after un fly to j.d.c why or when would u do that?

So with the “Potential” combo, is it possible to do:

Tri dash j.B, c.A, c.B, C, Launch etc etc.

This would make it loads easier to hit confirm, but I’m thinking that it means you don’t get enough hit stun for the relaunch to happen? I would try it myself, but I cant even get it off raw launch.

If you airthrow them in the corner, you can airdash straight down to the ground and do OTG smart bombs fast enough to combo into st.L, st.M, st.H, S. etc.

Off a midscreen airthrow you can immediately do air L.smart bombs (OTG), airdash forward j.M,j.H, land, cr.M, S etc.

Realize that you’ll have to end your combos earlier than normal because of the extra scaling from starting it from a throw.

I tried that relaunch combo every one was doing, not very consistent and timing is really strict. Took the concept of part of it and started using this bnb

(in the case of using instant over head s)
j.s, c.m, s xx sj, j.m, j.h xx fly, j.m, j.h, j.dh xx unfly, h xx dj, j.h, s, dash, l smartbomb xx proton cannon.

~637k, depends on how you start it. works mid screen, builds the one bar you need. If you have the meter you can do smartbomb xx iron avenger.

against smaller characters it can be adjust by skipping the j.m after launch.
In the corner, after fly, you can do j.m, j.m, j.h, j.dh xx unfly ect.

My 2cents BnB:

(optional jumping :m: or :d::h:):d::l: :d::m: :h: :s: :uf: :m: :h: :uf: :m: :h: :qcb::s: :m::m::h::d::h::s:

then i do:

1)Light Smartbombs into Proton Canon
2)Light Smartbombs into IronAvenger, Land, DashForward, Heavy SmartBombs into Proton Canon (you have to cancel into proton canon before the smart bombs hit opponent or he will air recover)

After Launcher :s:
You have to hit :m::h: very early so you stay on top of your opponent, so the flying combo works. Also with fatties and some large character, you can sub the first :m::h: with :h::d::h:

After getting down potential bnb. I found I could hit confirm it so now I do
Midscreen or corner C.m, s.h, s, sjc j.h, flight cancel, j.m, j.d.h, unfly, j.h, dj, j.h, s, land (dash if midscreen) dp.l, qcf.a+a
641,900 damage and a tiny bit under a full meter gain And u can start in from j.h or j.s or two c.l. I guess potential bnb will be just for punishing now.

After trying and continually failing at the Potential BnB combo, I ended up with this instead.

c.M, st.H, st.S, j.H, Fly, j.M, j.2H, Unfly, j.H, dj.H, j.S, Dash, Wesker OTG Assist, S, j.M, j.H, j.2H, j.S, L Smart Bomb, Proton Cannon

740,700 damage, leaves you with slightly under a 1/4 bar after the Proton Cannon.

Tried it and works on Sent, Ammy, Arthur and Capt America, so I’m assuming it will work against the rest of the cast. If you’re in the corner, you don’t need to dash.

I was only testing from starting locations, so if you start in the corner, there might be another dash after the relaunch combo. I’ll test that part tomolo.

So I’m trying to learn Iron Man and it’s all going swimmingly, except I have no clue what his BnB is. The player’s guide version is obviously subpar, but I’m wondering if there’s any consensus yet as to what it should be.

The ‘potential’ combo from youtube is not consistent for me unless the dummy is Sentinel, so I’m guessing you guys have scrapped that. Any direction here would be appreciated!

The BnB in the official guide isn’t that bad if you can’t do the relaunch ones.

Combo I posted earlier actually does 647k and works anywhere and works on most characters, majority of the ones it doesn’t work on just needs the first j.m to be omitted and it’s all gravy.

I’m having a lot of trouble as iron man.

I’m trying to play him better so I can keep him on my main team (Wesker, Iron man, Shuma) but I just don’t see how I can start combos… My crouching L has short range and crouching medium doesn’t have great range. I try to air dash+ S at people but it rarely works… how do I start a combo without getting hit before I even land a standing L or crouching L/M?

After trying out the potential relaunch BnB and failing and reading about people having trouble with it i dont know if its the way to go. there are so many specifics and it gets harder with the smaller the character.

So I went down a different path when creating this combo… yes parts of it are tricky but if i can do (my execution sucks) anyone can.

here it is:
[media=youtube]Ja2t9FFgvns[/media]
[media=youtube]iomGzV5VJC0[/media]

The quality of the vid is crappy but you can see the idea. ill show directions later if people want. but this combo hits all characters except zero i think, can be done midscreen if you omit some hits. it could also be optimized.you can actually do 4 fierces in a row in this combo. i just wanted to get the idea out there first.
Also the damage on this combo is krispy (most dmg i got was 782k Proton ender)
If you end with a lvl 3 you can kill off most the roster:wtf:
Anyways tell me what you think.