Chicks love combo's: The Iron Man Combo Thread

Do you guys use much of his air grab reset into otg relaunch? I was thinking cr.A,cr.B,C, fly,jA,jB,jC,jD,juf,jA,jB,jC,j dC,jS,j.A air grab ,smart bomb, air dash forward B,j dC, land S,( aircombo of choice), smartbomb otg , Proton cannon. Will test it out fully later today but this might be close to 100% from one reset. Try it and give me your thoughts plz.

Yo heres my idea on an consistent Ironman relaunch combo MID SCREEN AND an Corner relaunch BNB
LIL PEOPLE EXAMPLE
[media=youtube]7o1XNONWDUs]YouTube - MVC3-A consistent Ironman corner relaunch bnb![TRUE BUDGET-DEF[/media]

Middle example
[media=youtube]-McVUel-UwY]YouTube - MVC3-A consistent Ironman corner relaunch bnb!II[TRUE BUDGET-DEF[/media]

Large example
[media=youtube]V3U_zPeq4Ik]YouTube - MVC3-A consistent Ironman corner relaunch bnb!III[TRUE BUDGET-DEF[/media]

An possible MID-SCREEN RELAUNCH BNB , still needs work so I can make sure he turns around and launches everyone .I REPEAT IT’S JUST AN IDEA FOR NOW
SMALL
[media=youtube]lNaqo8-4Yro[/media]

MED
[media=youtube]Z0VMi1clxAE[/media]

LARGE
[media=youtube]KGlcQd3gPek[/media]

-KAZE

^Nice

Also Trag will be posting these combos sooner or later , so you can see the meter it builds i’m unsure atm

BS this isn’t difficult >_>

I can’t even get the first hit after the flight cancel to connect… I just cannot get down the timing for the flight cancel stuff… are you supposed to take it slow or rush it???

Of course I post this right as I figure it out. I was doing the first hits after the launch too quickly. Just remembered you said you have to delay the initial air hits… Now I just need to get down the timing for flight canceling stuff and I’ll be good.

Meh, I can just NOT get this to work at all for me. I always end up doing an air team combo on accident, or accidentally doing a knockdown trying to cancel flight. I did the entire flight air combo once so far… @_@

It’s really easy, and the timing isn’t difficult. Sounds like your execution is poor when doing the combo if your calling out the team combo you’re hold the direction to long when you try to unfly. The first hit can be done quickly, when you’re in flight mode you have a lot of time to connect :m::d::h: after this unfly part you want to space out your next 3 :h:. The game isn’t so tight on the combo for this just need to do it at a pace. if you rush it you can’t relaunch when you’re on the ground.

When I was trying earlier they always teched really quick after I activated fly… sometimes before I even had the time to land the :m:

Slap an XFC onto that combo with Iron Avenger and it just got me a cool 1,120,200.

Although I switched the “j. down H” for just a j.M before the Smash down.

Corner combo: fly, L, M, H, S, land, c.L, C.M, H, fly, L, M, H, S, land, M, H, S, j.M, j.M, double jump, j.M, j.H, j.S, land, smart bomb xx lvl3 or proton cannon.

Combo takes out almost the entire life bar of Iron Man.

after launch super jump after them. then there’s a slight pause before starting the combo

Right, was playing about with adding XFC to combos and found this. It’s pretty much just his simple BnB combo with an added extra, but I haven’t started trying mental combos with Iron Man yet.

c.L, c.M, s.H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, Jump, j.H, j.S, Med. Smart Bomb, Proton Cannon, XFC, Iron Avenger

117 Hits
1,207,700 Damage

Also, odd request, but would anyone be willing to play me and give me some hints or tips for improvement?

Fly/Unfly Loop in the corner.

Fly,:s::h:,Fly,:l::l::m::h::d::h::s:,:d::m::h::Fly,:l::l::m::h::d::h::s:,:h::s::m::m::h: DJ :h::d::h::s: :dp::hp: Proton Cannon.

I don’t know if this combo has been posted but I’m sure the video hasn’t. Shows a very nice combo [media=youtube]S_mS6iXG2Kw[/media]

Is there anything better currently midscreen for relaunch?

That’s already been posted, and on the front page of srk.

Sorry for the really late reply, heheh.

It seems you’re having - or had - the same problem I did when I was learning this combo. There is no way to make this any easier, I’m afraid.

This is going to sound really dumb. But, the best thing I can suggest is to really think about the buttons you’re pressing once given the opportunity to land your combos.

[media=youtube]qc08-K2-BoA[/media]

^ I finally got the “Potential BnB” combo!

yea i also kept getting team arieal combos and getting pissed off lol

now i just gotta pull this off midscreen and in a vs. match!

Not sure if this combo is already known:

2L2MH2H, j.LMM2HS, HS, j.H2H, dj, j.H2HS, LP Smartbomb x Proton - 673k works midscreen and in corner

Great stuff man was tryin to get this combo down myself.

thanks!

if i can do this combo then ANYBODY can…just takes a bit of practice!

random thought: I wish I could turn the walls off in training mode to practice midscreen stuff.

Tried a bunch of Sentinal only stuff last night. Found one “useful” combo. =
J.C, dj, J.C, J.2C. J.D, 5C, 5D, J.C, Fly, J.B, J.2C, Unfly, J.C, dj, J.C, J.2C, 2B, 5D, J.B, J.2C, J.D, 623A, Pcanon or Iron avenger.

Something else I found was a meaty J.C, J.2C, Land, J.C, J.2C, J.D… unfortunately the recovery is too slow to continue here. I did try delaying the hits… in X-factor lvl1, we get an extra repitiion of Land, J.C, J.2C, J.D but the same inability to continue after the last j.D.

I bolded the Sentinal only stuff.

lastly, I did investigate the J.4D exchange cancel and have the info for anyone interested.

[media=youtube]caklCGHYKYU[/media]

easy way to get into the combo is: 2B, 5D, J.C, Fly, J.B, J.2C, Unfly, J.2C, J.4D…

1- This does not work on Sentinal, he is so large such that J.4D hits to soon: possibly on other fattys.
2- The opponent can "Aeriel Tag Counter"
3- The Aerial Tag Counter will whiff Iron Man. (unless it’s in the corner= guranteed)
4- Opponent is INVINCIBLE for a large amount of frames after the Aeriel Tag Counter (300?) This is bad news meaning Iron Man can not Punish their “reversal” when it whiffs. I even tried air throwing like an invincible gold burst punish in Guilty Gear. =( Worst part of all is the Invincibility the opponent gains is X-amount of frames, & beings how close they are to the ground when the exchange cancel hits, their invincibility overlaps their recovery and they gain invincibility frames on everything they do for a certain duration. EX: I had Captain America walking though Iron Man’s 2C. lol

So, as it stands, this J.4D untechable re-launch is useless.