Chat about anything thread

lolllllllll

shut the hell up.

ur pretty emotional.
why so mad?

Oh man I’m getting so mad, I am so trolled. yOu trOlled me.

I get mad too, I just switch chars so I don’t mind losing quite so much.

i have an 88% win ratio too, snap!

how many matches though?
and whats your longest win streak?

doesn’t that win ratio also take endless battle into account? 88% is pretty awesome though.

well you can look at your numbers overall which include endless, or if you check the character you can look at character stats which is only ranked.

its across all matches and gametypes afaik.

nah that my blanka ranked ratio, endless win% is probably shit because i dont use blanka

i’m at 1999 now lol, and i’m only at gouken. what a shitty achievement

Mullah what characters do you have up to C rank now?

I have the the sf2CE cast(except sim), Sakura and Deejay finished.

I have BP into Seth/Fei/Gen atm.

Is Blanka the worst charge character in SSF4?

he’s better than Deejay and Claw IMO, I play both and I think they are both much more limited than him overall.

Try playing Deejay vs. Guile and tell me he’s a good character, that matchup isn’t just hard it sort of emphasizes everything that is wrong with him from a design standpoint.

Vega may be worse than Blanka due to no crossup and weak D, but Dee Jay isn’t bad. I’m not sure who is better Dee Jay or Blanka. At least Dee Jay has combos.

Deejays regular go to bnbs actually do less damage than Blanka’s do.

Blanka has combos but they mostly involve hard links to get big damage, but so do deejay’s. Both have hard to combo into ultras, and good walk speeds, but I think the biggest difference is in anti airs and footsies.

Deejay has very few good footsie buttons. His far range stuff is slow(including his fireball), highly punishable on whiff and block, and the hitboxes aren’t even good. Blanka’s footsie buttons are so so much better in speed/hitbox that they aren’t really comparable.

When matched up against another fireball character the only way Deejay can really get ahead is by kneeshotting over fireballs and doing Ex Sobats. His slide is literally useless in a fireball war because the recovery is so bad you can generally hit him out of it from useful ranges. Every single character with a fireball has better buttons than him, so even once you get in you aren’t in great shape. Because you don’t have a 3 frame jab, or a fast low move, or something with high priority. You pretty much are incapable of controlling the flow of the match unless you have a significant life lead and the other character does not have a fireball.

When it comes to anti airs, deejay has a deadzone without charge. If you jump and try to hit him at about a 45 degree angle towards the front he is forced to block. lower he can far st.strong you, and higher up he can cl.strong you, but inbetween there is a range that just sucks for him.

Jumping at Blanka is widely considered to be stupid to compare.

Vega’s D is actually great, he’s just vulnerable when knocked down as most characters are. He’s one of the best characters in the game at not getting knocked down though.

His lack of a crossup is a non issue. He has a good overhead, and is able to izuna loop a good amount of characters, which is better than a crossup(though he actually can crossup fatter characters with j.hp).

Obviously neither Deejay, Claw, nor Blanka are great characters, but Deejay is actually poorly designed in a lot of ways, while Claw pretty much works perfectly, and Blanka has way less design issues and most are special move related.

I think you have to factor in matchups as well. Blanka and Claw have some very good matchups, and Deejay pretty much has 0, he’s so painfully average/bad at everything that he can’t even exploit character weaknesses.

i’m working my way from left to right, row by row, so i’ve done 9 characters and am currently on Gen. Who is actually really fun to play. i just stay in mantis 100% of the time, no idea what crane normals even look like haha. i just footsie with st.mk x hands and watch for jumps so i can ex srkick. That’s it, mix in some focus attacks (his dash is great) his kara throw is good with st.mk, i played about 6 matches with him last night.

i’m looking forward to playing vega, i think he’s better than blanka actually, exwall dive is so buff and easily comboed (safe?) his normals are great, i dunno i think its gonna be easy to get to C with him. i think blankas footsies are good (AND ‘Pretty good’ footsies don’t cut it without dive kick /good specials imo) but vegas are better, dont have a clue about anti airs with vega though.

i’m not looking forward to juri, i think i’m going to cr.lk x lk pinwheel x 100 mixed with cr.lk >throw my way to C, cannot be arsed to learn anything more. ibuki was a real pain the the butt for me, i dont know her vortex stuff or her target combos so i literally just used throws, died trying to play footsies and won a chunk of my matches just using ex srk on jumpins and FA > ultra or bait and punish with ultra. her ultra is pretty boss!

When i’m done i’ll post my win% by character, should be interesting to see

I play against decent Juri occasionally. She’s got some brain dead juggle combos and tricky ambiguous crossups (from a certain range j.mk crosses up but j.hp doesn’t - may be char specific). Plus her j.mk, cr.mk is a pain to deal with because it kills crouch tech, and it safely combos into fireball, cr.mk xx spin kick. With 3 meters it’s pretty easy to do cr.mk xx fireball level 2 FA crumple, EX divekick into U2.

i’ll do her trials before i do her C in ranked stretch, so i’m sure i’ll pick up something. the crumple combo sounds like something i’ll learn in the trials. i’ve done all the trials except the last few. hardest one was gens because i can’t actually do gekiro for all the hits. also ryu’s last trial was messed up, i don’t know how to do it properly, but after about 3 minutes of trying i gave up and just did a huge combo involving 2 hadoken fadc’s , ex hurricain into U2 lol, 5 meter combo! actually vipers was hard too, took about 20 mins to get it down, then abels one was damn hard too for some reason, i couldn’t link the last st.hp after the 2nd st.mk> dash rep. run stop fierce was easy this time around, back in 09 it took me about 40 mins with a broken ex stick. kens get an honerable mention as one of his was hard too, as was one of sakuras for some reason i couldn’t understand. all the others were pretty easy. i dont think any of the last column are gonna be difficult

The weird thing about Viper’s trials is that they’re actually easier to do than the stuff you need in real matches.

Some of Ibukis trials can be a pain if you’re not used to doing SJC combos. It sucks if you do the whole sequence but it doesn’t combo so you have to watch the whole U2 animation. Juris trials are not that bad but they’re quite long so its easy to mess up the moves. Makotos trials aren’t that either but there’s one that’s really annoying because if you mess up the combo you have to wait for her super combo to wear off before you can do it again. Hakan and T.Hawk’s trials are retardedly easy.

I’d have to check but from my C to shining C run T.Hawk and Bison were tops for win rate for me, upper 80s percent-wise. Viper and Makoto were pretty damn abysmal, I really hated playing with those two. Most surprisingly fun characters were Dan, Dee Jay and Dudley.