Castle Doom: Doctor Doom Video Thread

i don’t think you can actually cancel sj.S into a dash. it just doesn’t seem to do anything.

edit: after an air combo i mean

Damage wise it does a little less, depending on the character. Some float above your head and the super wont get as many hits as you will want.

Dooms combos are feeling pretty easy now. I need something silly for my Doom fix

im not sure if this helps but u mean the third j B right? After launcher should be sj B B f+C dash cancel df B land s B S

in the air, the second B looks like a kick. If the opponent is resetting, u just need to delay the buttons in your chain more. Especially in the beggining parts because hitstun hasnt deteriorated a lot yet.

From that video, it seems like the combo is

Cr. A B C S sj. sjB F+C Tri jump sj B cr. B C S Repeat

I can’t get the sj.B after the tri jump in after one rep.

forgivr my original post u can omit the extra B although it does work with it. So u mean that after the second launcher, u cant get the last j B to connect after f+C?

I am not sure if it is timing as i do two B before f+C. My onky advice is thatw hen u launch the second time, i think u have to press the initial J B earlier. I am not sure about that as during the second loop they are usually pretty close to the corner so I end with j S, and then OTG C into rocks or super

I have the same problem, I’ve only finished the loop (done both reps + finisher) a couple of times. It’s not consistant enough yet, so if I do it in tournament I’m probably going to do just one rep, then go for the finisher, since it isn’t that much less damage. However, this is something that has helped me a little:

After you launch with S and jump up to hit with B, hit B early, like, on the WAY up. Doom will be a little lower than the opponent, which is why I was waiting until Doom was even with the opponent to hit B. But you want to do it on the way up, and make sure you let B hit both times before hitting towards+C. Hope that helps just a little bit, as it should let you combo them a little lower to the ground to try and get that cr. B. :tup:

I decided to pick up Doom for my Morrigan/Phoenix team because of his meterlees damage output.

When doing the Buktooth combo, I enter every input as early as possible (except :df: :atk::atk:, :m:, the M input must be delayed until your opponent is close to the ground). This is one of the most unlenient combos ever, one little fuckup drops the whole thing.

You definitely can in the corner. I think maybe the flying screen (is it a flying screen?) after doing it midscreen prevents you from cancelling into an air-daish.

Have to check.

you can do it anywhere but i think that after u do the df dash, Doom has this weird like float to him. Only way i know of to go faster, is to throw out a normal liek A so that he falls quicker. Whether that helps or not idk but that is how the technical aspect of it works. Sucks cuz i can never get OTG stuff to work

any non corner S cancel combo requires you to cancel to the sj S into airdash downforward or else you won’t be able to get the dash up on the ground pick up H->S or H->f+H.

[media=youtube]ycs0HJTYIu0[/media]

I was messing around with the hidden missile assist, and found that it can OTG in certain situations. I haven’t seen it posted yet, so I figured i’d record it.

Are there any match videos where dooms kicking ass? Every vid I’ve seen of him he’s been getting whupped, I’d like to have him in my group and I feel I would learn a lot from seeing some doom matches :slight_smile:

Are the majority of the combos all of you are posting corner only combos? I only saw one that was a mid screen combo. I know that the doom loop can be done anywhere on the screen, but are there are other combos that we can look at?

Can you get the jumping f+H, S, ADDF loop off any launch setup or does it have to a close launcher like standing H or naked S. I wasn’t able to reproduce the loop off c.a, c.b, c.c, S.

two rounds of f+H, S, ADDF works off any launcher. even his throw. that last sj S ADDF is hard. the timing is really strict. but even if you don’t do that … you still do 900+ via level 3 or 700+ via level 1 sphere flame

[media=youtube]83FHKdEHxWQ[/media]

anyone got match vids? I need to step up my Doom game, and quit playing him like MvC2 lol

Hey Dooms,

Wanted to share this with you:

[media=youtube]cWi8ro0BP_w[/media]

because I find Doom’s quotes to be the best in the game. also, hilarious!

Keep those Plasma Beams coming!

like.png

Didn’t know about the Dormammu one.