Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition season VI, RIP MarkMan's #BeardStache

Never done that before so I’m curious as to how that all works out. Good luck!

So I’m kind of curious about this new Astro-City VSHG.
There’s the Start and Home buttons on the face. Where are the other buttons? The row of aux buttons from the old VSHG doesn’t seem to be there.

My guess is they are all at the front (I hope). Did the announcements mention compatibility on this and the pad? If you look at the inlaid button the it reads “PS.”

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.41.10 AM

PS3 is a given, but I wonder if Sega has licensed support for PS4. The more I look at this, the more I want it. I need to finish up my EX-SE and try to forget this exists :sunglasses:

in other news…
Since learning about MiSTer, I’ve been dreaming of only THREE things: (1) Neo Geo support (done), (2) CPS-2 support (on the way), and (3) a case that actually looks like console or arcade hardware.

Looks like number 3 is also on the way, and is a bit of both. Check out who’s designing a case that rips off CPS-2 (in a good way). I hope I won’t need a proxy for one of these…

https://www.instagram.com/akicusco/
More details HERE.

Having a station set up with this, my Dreamcast and my HSS-0130 scratches all the itches. This is endgame for me.

4 Likes

got up early, and won a XBox 360 VLX from Yahoo Auctions. Haven’t decided what to do with it yet, but my bid was the highest. Just waiting on Buyee to send me the details for payment and shipping options.

Edit: I think I’m done buying sticks. The/A VLX is one of the ones I always said I’d get if I had the money, same with the Panzer. Now I’m going to have both in the same house … WHAT IS THIS TIMELINE

2 Likes

Just wait till the Junkfood mas-like launches and I can get one, It’s gonna be based of the Sonic The Fighters cp.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/butteroj/status/1302033409603252225

Damn hella people have been in the lab in 2020, if a new MAS case, and an optical version of the IL Eurostick come out!?!?!

Need to work some OT :sweat:

2 Likes

You need a proxy service to ship you the stick for you. Preferably not though the POST, maybe DHL or UPS.

From what I was able to read, Buyee provides that since they’re owned by Tenso. I kinda wish Blackship/White Rabbit Express offered the option to bid on auctions on Yahoo JP, I prefer to use them over Tenso.

I think they’ll be there it’s just that they are covered by the artwork and plexi. As for the plungers still being in there, well that’s anyone’s guess. Still pretty cool to see the VSHG get another release.

Is there even a plexi on the VSHG?
Then that still begs the question as to whether or not L1/L2/Select/etc are functional on this stick.

Got my purchase confirmation from White Rabbit Express last night :relieved:

Was $142 ($124 Stick and $18 fees) + however much it’ll cost them to ship it to me when they get it from Amazon JP.

Prolly won’t get this until March 2021.

My timeframe expectations:

They get it, they ship it, sits in Japan Post’s quarantine for 1 month, sits in US Custom’s quarantine for 1 month, it gets to me, and I incorporate it into my St. Patrick’s Day 2021 outfit :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Astro City panel overlay from Arcade Shock arrived today. Not a perfect match, but not bad

EEK with the cracked plexi out the gate tho (WTH)…

2 Likes

Crack is whack!

Does anyone make 3D Printed TE style bezels for HRAPs to cover up the cracks? Or maybe some 3M Striping Tape around the panel.

Just my $0.02.

Still looks great as-is tho, much props, Orz

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not devastated. A crack is a crack.

…Any suggestions on which Amazon Japan proxy to use for my preorder? :smirk:

EDIT: Arcade Shock is sending out a replacement panel tomorrow!

Rolling the dice with White Rabbit Express, have never used them, but they seem reputable after a little Google’ing and looking at some YouTube videos.

Used to hit up this guy in the SRK TO for proxy stuff in the past, but I think he’s moved back to the States already: Japan Goods Proxy Service | Trading Outlet

1 Like

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154073221701

That was fast. Let the deadbeat scalper BS begin!

Scalping and no new pics or info :man_facepalming:

merge_from_ofoct (2)

2 Likes

Dad tested positive for COVID-19, gonna get tested myself in a few days since we’re in close contact.

1 Like

Ulgh.
Best of everything to you and your family; fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Prayers for you and your family @d3v , hope its negative for you, and that your dad’s positive case is very very mild :pray: :crossed_fingers: :pray: :crossed_fingers: :pray:

1 Like