Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition season VI, RIP MarkMan's #BeardStache

Continuing the discussion from Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V:

There you go you filthy maggots. :wink:
Some Preparation H for those Bung Holes.

Also from Season 5

3 Likes

Iā€™m the first in the burning butthole.

Feels good man.

2 Likes

We need to quote this for Preservation. :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping Season VI of the BUTTHOLE brings back some fan-favorite returning characters.

3 Likes

LS-55 spring on a JLF for shmups? I am intrigued, ordering a few :smiley:

2 Likes

Pro Tip: PASā€™ JLF 1.5lb spring feels near identical to a LS-55 spring. The LS-55 spring on a JLF (to me) feels like a tad less tension than your run-of-the-mill 2lb JLF spring. Add a PAS .5mm oversized actuator and it makes the JLF pretty much perfect* for shmups.

*thereā€™s still the long throw to contend with. However, with the increased tension and earlier actuation, I almost NEVER hit the gate. I feather the stick lightly in bullet hell shmups will relative ease. Try it. Youā€™ll like it.

Now if only I had the skills to design and 3D print slightly smaller gate inserts, I could probably retire my LS-40 for goodā€¦

2 Likes

It was only right for me to reshare Kyleā€™s old post

Also itā€™s a OLD post from before PAS offered aftermarket JLF springs.

Checking in for season 6

1 Like

One day iā€™ll have a proper shmup setup. meanwhile, anyone played some shmups on the switch in tate mode handheld? hows the little thumbstick hold up?

Out of a collection of 30 odd sticks, I got 2 sticks that I use. My main is a stock vlx diamond, with a six axis swap and 2 plugs. Itā€™s always got charge so I use it for everything, fighters, shmups, tetris, megaman, and even metal gear solid.

But my second stick when I can be bothered to charge it up is my dedicated Ketsui stick, although I still can use it on everything else, but jlf feels better.

2nd stick is an og vlx, six axis pcb and a suzo 500, tighter than a mofo.

My diamond takes the most abuse, but still looks mint, but this og vlx looks worse every time I lay eyes on it

PS I just posted the 10000th on the check out my stick thread, I was gonna make a new thread but I though leave it to someone who can make and sticky it.

2 Likes

Those oversized actuators, noticed the pas version are metal, does that have any effect on decreasing the life of the switches? I read on here that the shape of kowal actuators will cause wear but not sure if metal would also add to it

PAS also makes/sells Delrin actuators, by the way. I swear by the .5mm oversized one. Delrin will not wear down microswitch tabs like metal.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home/controls/parts/actuators/paradise-arcade/978_05mm-oversized-jlf-delrin-actuator?search_query=Lt+actuator&results=60

P.S. for future questions, thereā€™s a thread reserved for those. Check it out.

2 Likes

Went to the laundromat to do some laundry (obviously) and I see this machine there.

Would of preferred Baseball Starts 2 or Neo Turf Master over Neo Geo Cup, but itā€™s still pretty fun. Bust-a-move always a good time. Joystick was pretty good, donā€™t know what it is. Buttons were okay. Pretty cool, never seen a gold irl.

3 Likes

I see Bust A Move on there as well. I could play that there till my fingers bled.

IRL Gold Neo Geo Cab, Holy shite.

What I wouldnā€™t do for a God Cab.

@jopamo I didnt realize those were the derlin version! I was looking at the other sizes that are sold out. Ordered a couple and will see how they improve including 2lb springs, with my hori sticks.

1 Like

Residency stuff has been done with the new job, but I simply will not have enough PTO to travel to CEO this year. In fact, the only event I probably will be able to travel to will be Kumite in Texas, and thatā€™s because I recently exchanged my schedule for Fridays and Saturdays off.

gold cab?

neogeo ā€œminiā€, gold version :

Supposedly the shape is a mystery, if you read SNKā€™s last message on the subject, perhaps they forgot they posted a pic on their website a few months ago , sure you need to zoom in but itā€™s easy to have a clue.
Dev wrote an article yesterday about it, yet it was already mentioned in nov 2017 ( Zhihui GE, the Chairman of SNK Corporation,participated in the MiSK Global Forum held in Saudi Arabia. A corporate agreement with Saudi Arabian company Manga Productions was signed.ļ½œNEWS RELEASEļ½œSNK USA )
The gold version seems to be a one-off to please some rich saudi investor.

looks like my favourite shmup is getting its own stick/s on its 15th anniversary.

by Sanwa!?

1 Like