Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition season VI, RIP MarkMan's #BeardStache

Covid update, work is gonna have us work from home for the rest of 2020 :man_facepalming:

Giving us $500 to get our “home office” up to snuff.

Anyone know of a good standing desk ( preferably one with a SuperGun in/on/under it :wink: )

No but seriously if anyone knows of a good one, please recommend.

Lucky.
We’re stuck working from home until at least Feb 2021, but our company isn’t giving us anything to help spruce up our home office, although we are allowed to “borrow” as much as we need from the office as we want (I have enough gaming monitors around, but some colleagues have been bringing home their office’s dual-monitor setups and stuff).

1 Like

Fightsticks subreddit is just chock-full of misinformation.

Dude on there stated that tactile switches like Cherry MX browns and clears do not work in Crown SDB-202 buttons.

I played SFA2 for two hours last night with sticks that had both. PSA: clears are too hard to press. Browns are dope (might need lubing though) though travel overall is less than PS-14-GNs. Feel is on point.

There are zero threads on here for those buttons. Might need to change that.

1 Like

Be the change you want to see.
Just do it!

That’s Reddit in general.

2 Likes

Dooooo it.
I’ve never used “standard” mechanical switches like those in any application (although my wife has a mechanical keyboard).
I’d be interested to know about them in an arcade-stick scenario, and how each type fares/compares against the standard Sanwa/Seimitus that we all use.

2 Likes

Done

3 Likes

I agree, but their discord is a lot better. Spend a lot of my downtime there, along with a couple of other tech discords. Of course, that doesn’t count the many mechanical keyboard discords I’m in as well.

1 Like

To be believed?

2 Likes

Yep. That’s Reddit. Link literally made me LOL. It’s been a tough day (despite being the first day in the Bay Area in a while not having soot for air)

Thanks for the laugh :laughing:

2 Likes

i like that current sticks will be supported next gen, not that im upgrading from my ps3, but still it is useful,

like this gen i can take my ps1 or ps3 sticks to friends house and use on his ps4 for some hyper fighting

that’ll be crazy, using a 20+ year old hrap on a ps5

1 Like

and POOF! There go the PS5 preorders!

Let the eBay scalping begin!

“Benefits charity…” how is this even verified? I know I’m a cynical person (something I’ve got to work on) but seriously: is that BS or not?

P.S. someone wake me up when the Slim is released (in black).

2 Likes

I decided to skip on the PS5 preorder.
It’ll be the first platform since the GBA SP in Feb 2003 that I won’t have gotten on launch day.

-GBA SP, GB Micro
-DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL
-3DS, 3DS XL, new 3DS XL
-PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000, PSP Go
-Vita-1000 (never got a Vita-2000)
-Wii, Wii-U, Switch
-PS3, PS4 (never got the PS4 Pro)
-Xbox360, XBO (never got the XBO X)
were all bought on launch day.

1 Like

Reminds me of the PS2 shortages back in the day. It was a whole year before I can get my hands on a PS2.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember the PS2 shortages.
Oddly enough, they were pretty plentiful here in Canada overall, so my brother was buying them from our local Best Buys and selling them across the border to Americans.

3 Likes

I’m gonna hold out on buying a ps5 until they either have a special edition or make that a reasonably smaller size. It is the biggest console I’ve ever seen since an Atari 5200.

1 Like

I hear ya.
I don’t like the aesthetic of the PS5’s design, and I’ve always wanted to get the slim/better models of consoles if anything for the space-saving factor (I have both the OG and super-slims of PS3 and X360, but only the OG models of the PS4 and XBO).

1 Like

they wont have a decent game that pushes the system to near its limits for 2 or 3 years at least

has any game this gen pushed x1x or ps4pro to its limits?

2 Likes

As long as SFVI or New KI2 ( I can dream right ) aren’t Sony or Microsoft exclusives then I think I can survive on last gen ( PS4, XBone, and Swithc are finally last gen :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ) systems and PC for a while.

1 Like

No, we just got poorly optimized crap that can’t be bothered to hit a steady 60 FPS at 1080.