Akuma General Discussion Thread: "I am the Master of the Fist!"

Bison best fence painter in CvS2. :wink:

CvS2’s too tiers after stuff like Roll Cancels had been discovered and A-Groove had been optimized was Bison, Sakura, Vega, Blanka.

Tbf, Shin Akuma having white hair in continuity didn’t happen until his SF3 2nd Impact appearance, while in his SF Alpha 2 appearance he still had red hair, just a different coloured gi.

So if they really wanted to, he can still be Shin Akuma, just with red hair.

Akuma in Visual Design Aesthetic (Non-Gameplay)

i. The SHADOW/SHADES

Akuma normal mode shadow/fog shaded face like Dio in Bandai game. This would brings back that nostalgic feel of spectator and mysterious into Akuma.

The shade or darkness in facial lessen during Shin persona because of the activation of his AURA the red stuff .

Akuma “Shin” mode aura surrounded purple and red with less fog or shadow in the face.

ii. The BERSERKER

Then change his palm gestures into literally making him feel more of a BERSERKER than Ryu that is a Boyscout.

Make him do throwing to emphasize his ways away from Ryu and Ken. It does also give him a casual feel to power than the other Ansatsuken Practioner.

iii. The AURAS

https://scontent.fmnl4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14980688_1018625528283023_4549586618318484817_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=50d752ca829609656f8e2fc804bb15bb&oe=589B44CE

I observe the lack of aura from Akuma and Shin Akuma that appear in Evil Ryu. I think the Aura should emphasize something different and interesting like Kairi in SFEX. Capcom should make the aura as way to distinguish or differ Akuma from Shin Akuma.

I like how Kairi in SFEX hands glow when his EX-Gauge had MAX up! it’s interesting to Akuma have something applied in him. We all know despite the slight visual standout difference of Akuma and Shin Akuma in SF4 and ST(not CvS2 and SvC) is only their Zankuu Fireball.

If ever they would put a special boost with the Aura activation let it his default Zankuu Hadouken gain follow up properties (Non-Auto) like to Yuri Sakazaki of KOF/AOF Kuuga (Yuri Chou Upper) in “C” button that can be followed up by another version Ura Kuuga (Double Yuri Chou Upper).

iv. The TATSU

Let make Akuma style of Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyakyu more craftiness by using the left leg to show it’s to multi-hit better than Ken and not intentional blow hit finisher like Ryu.

v. The FIREBALL

Let make Akuma style of hadouken more casual to power like DBZ shooting stuff by changing his to hands to have a slight tilt than Ryu and Ken with slight a like of Demitri’s previous projectile stance but not so similar.

vi. The UPPERCUT

Just a slight adjustment not a big difference on stance.

Sample

Akuma in his EX Moves (Gameplay)

i. The FIREBALL

https://scontent.fmnl4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14947626_1018642948281281_1369791572242202343_n.jpg?oh=2b58add8c0ba0f57a1ba95077090ca3e&oe=58CDB3EB

EX Shakunetsu Hadouken/Hadoken is a 3 hit tamed version of Messatsu-Gohado Agyo from UMVC3 Akuma.

Instead of traditional Shakunetsu Hadouken or Hadoken with more hits change it to 3 throwing fireball inspired from Messatsu Gohado Agyo.

ii. The DRAGON PUNCH

Turn his Shoryuken EX like the a counter in a X-Ability in Xmen COTA stance.

1. In close distance it execute a 5 Hit Shoryuken

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/9/9c/Akuma_(God)(Misogi)(2).gif/revision/latest?cb=20120229224058

1. In far distance it execute Tenma Shurettou

iii. The AERIAL PROJECTILE

1.) Same as SF4 the Auto Dual Projectile not a follow up move.

iv. What if “ex” TELEPORT

Shin’s Teleport has Time Pause/Slow

Akuma in his Special Moves (Gameplay)

How to Un-shoto - I made his ground game less responsive with poor ground zoning tools and more start up but gives more multi hiting combos. This will separate every version of ansatsuken practioner and him to heavily play to his technical aerial zone game.

i. The Ground-Zoning

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/9/94/Akuma-fireburn.gif/revision/latest?cb=20120917162104

Remove his basic ground Hadouken and make Shakunetsu Hadouken his only option to perform ground based projectile. This would decrease and differ his ground zoning advantage and responsiveness than Ryu and Ken because he would have more start up but he would be rewarded with more projectile advantage than the others.

ii. The Aerial-Zoning Advantage

First we should change his traditional Aerial Hadou … to less exploitable in zoning advantage that is not healthy for SFV… Then the range, arc and adjacent is toned down like SFA Akuma is changes in SFA2 Akuma. This would force others not always depend on the convenience of jump and shoot. The speed of the projectile depend on which the button pressed.

By adopting his SFEX type of Aerial Projectile/Zanku Hadouken but not adding the cancellable the tenmakujinkyaku instead as a *follow up *move. Because SFEX Akuma aerial zone game isn’t exploitable than his other counter parts. Making it like Bison’s Head Press but instead can be followed up by two moves depending on button pressed.

Down + Punch Button it is followed by a lighter version of Tenma Shurettou/Oni’s Ground Pound

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/9/9c/Akuma_(God)(Misogi)(2).gif/revision/latest?cb=20120229224058

Down + Kick Button it is followed by a Tenmakujinkyaku

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/9/9f/Tenmakujinkyaku_akuma.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130528064133

Shin Version - has the Dual Aerial Zakuu Hadouken(not auto but follow up) with the same properties of how Yuri Sakazaki of KOF/AOF Kuuga (Yuri Chou Upper) in “C” button that can be followed up by another version Ura Kuuga (Double Yuri Chou Upper).

Not expecting something that would change a lot of Akuma because of the fans demands of a Ryu or Ken playstyle(minus the super) with air projectile dominance and zoning superiority than Ryu and Ken but can play alot like them. This is just my take on a new Akuma to be far from Ryu and Ken but keeping his techniques intact but slightly altered his aerial and EXs.

@The_Shakunetsu do you really need to post this in several threads, multiple times?

Just added a lot of parts on the visuals and change a some parts from the last time then make it less text more summarize and compilation with all my previous post. Not hoping for the move sets to change but i hope at least in the visual that why i made it more elaborate and categorize in this one.

Spoiler it. Its a wall of bollocks

These are rather hurtful words :frowning:

Never forget.

I sincerely dont care what they do with him, as long as he’s fun to play and not retarded to fight against (mika cough)

I myself do take advantage a lot of Akuma’s aerial game in many of his different versions but I do enjoy the most is the approach from his SFEX counterpart. The enjoyment of using it is not about the dominance but from the execution and the play style. IMHO

Embrace him.

It’s kinda funny how they are both my favorite SF characters.

At least hide it under a spoiler or link a similar post in the character thread

Let’s hope there’s more emphasis on his air game…
I feel like with his air hadoken, demon flips and onis air dashes, akuma is the “air shoto”, ryu the fireball one and ken the srk/tatsu one

His Tatsu and SRK in terms of properties, function and usability standout already from the beginning it’s on identity and usability than the likes of Ryu and Ken they just need to slight adjustment on the visual/animation just a bit of creativity and simplicity.

As for the gameplay I don’t mind him losing regular hadoken to trade of with Shakunetsu Hadouken just to make his ground game differ because Shakunetsu Hadoken also had it’s advantage than the regular projectile despite the delays.

For the normals I hope his new take on Far Standing Heavy Kick in SF4 would be retain for the rest of his games that he would appear.

Akuma will be S+ Tier in the first week.

Low Mid - Bottom 5 two months later.

Then a random online Japanese gif on Twitter will make him S+ again, and everyone was saying it the whole time.

haha how true!!

But seriously; akuma will be “good”. At least Urien lvls of good (for a dlc character, that is)

Akuma will be ST Akuma levels of good.

What are the chances of his CC’s not putting his opponents in a stagger state just because it’d make landing SGS too easy.

Same as anyone else that can super after CC