Akuma General Discussion Thread: "I am the Master of the Fist!"

IT’S NOT READY!!! MORE FORESTS NEED TO BURN TO CINDER BEFORE IT IS!!!

Gouki will b banned like ST Gouki, just you watch…

I want them to give him a second “secret” CA like his SFIII incarnations where he had 2 of them (KKZ and Raging Demon).

“DIE ONE-THOUSAND DEATHS!”

Z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z…

x-posting from a Reddit thread I made earlier:

http://imgur.com/a/ef0Fe

Make sure to increase your screen brightness until you can see everything clearly.

1. In the upper left hand corner, just above Akuma’s left shoulder, notice what appears to be strands of red hair. They’ve changed his look; probably grew his hair out.

2. The rope handwraps and belt + clearly black gi + red hair + distinctive voice = regular Akuma, not Shin Akuma (or Evil Ryu), despite the different kanji on his back. Shin Akuma has white hair and a purple gi.

No word obviously on whether his V-trigger will be Shin Akuma or anything of the sort, but this is clearly not Shin Akuma that we’re seeing in the teaser.

Thoughts?

The floating beads = Oni.

Akuma is dead?

That face doesn’t look good. Looks like fucking adam sandler.

The Price is Wrong Bitch

If his theme isn’t a remix of Killing Moon I’m gonna ask for a refund.

Tokido is having a ball right now.
I also like the new animation on his Shun Goku Satsu, though the kanji is the same as “Shin” Gouki. I wonder what this implies as far as the “lore” goes. As far as game play goes, I know that Gouki is going to have some cool stuff in store for those who intend on maining the character. It should not necessarily be much of a surprise that he was going to eventually make an appearance on SFV.

Spoiler

Tokido: “… I have Gouki now. I body everyone.”

Need to take Tokido with a grain of salt. Tokido isn’t really a character loyalist as he is a “tier whore” who prefers strong characters that aren’t too complex. He only really stuck with Akuma in the IV series where he was consistently top/high tier. Remember that he used Chun Li in 3rd Strike and Claw in Super Turbo. If Akuma isn’t stronger than Ryu in this game, I don’t see him maining him long term.

Well you have the opposite issue in ST where Akuma is too good to use.

Yeah he just picks what is cheap, but he definitely has a bias towards shotos and whichever shoto is highest tier. He didn’t hop on the Chun Li or Cammy train even though you could argue they are both cheaper than Ryu. You could argue Cammy to be even easier to use than Ryu.

If Akuma proves to be high/top tier he’s staying because Akuma is his favorite character and he’s mentioned he likes how versatile his move set is for a shoto. Even if other top tiers arise he will stick with Akuma as long as high to top tier because he just fits his style. It’s only if Akuma really starts crapping up will he switch.

Cammy is definitely easier to use than ryu. I play both of them.

My boy Gouki! This is the moment I was waiting for.

Japan was calling Ryu top tier early on though, which also likely influenced his decision.

And we also know Toki didn’t play shotos all his life

Super Turbo - Vega
Third Strike - Chun
CVS2 - Blanka/Sakura/Bison

• he has experience in KOF

Only 2 is correct.

all the other points are as Lord Bipson would say MEANINGLESS.

This x1000

Coincidentally all of these were über top tier in their own games. That was the point brought up by @d3v, he just picks the best characters in every game.

Bison was top in CVS2? I thought that spot was taken by Cammy and Sagat