AE Dudley Match-up Thread: Keeping It Classy

you guys quit god damn complaining.

nobody in here knows what they’re talking about when it comes to buffs

just make ssb armor breaker and that’s it
i’d rather have an armor breaking ssb than a safe on block ssb

but lk ssb is safe on block, so with armor breakable ssb, you all both. so what are YOU talking about? :sunglasses:

inb4 like my post for their amusement :sunglasses:

nah, having ssb neutral on block allows me to use my godlike jab… What’s wrong with you? if they focus the ssb close distance go for a f.mk target combo or jab target combo only reason why dudley needs target combos is to break focus attacks/option selects which then leaves him at a +3 or more adv to follow up with jab into st.hk into rape.

then i’d want ducking straight on hit not to push back so far so when we break a focus attack we can follow up with jab into rape just like against sagat.

This is the matchup topic anyway, there’s a thread for arguing buffs and a specific thread about SSB.

Keep this one about matchups.

Apparently dudley vs zangief is 7/3
http://www.option-select.com/blog/entry/?id=161

Anyone know why that is? I play balrog too and I have a way easier time with balrog against giefs than with dudley

Flash plays Marn
Marn hates all grapplers because they counter him. Not Marn’s characters, grapplers are a counter pick to Marn.

The match up is bad but I would call it 6/4 bad.
Geif can’t jump at Dudley imo, weaker Geif vortex in AE with the changes after landing SPD and changes to EX Green hand.
Geif sMP is pretty much the only move he needs, no matter the number of good buttons Dudley has, Geif’s sMP is better than them.
Vacuum LP SPD is better at grabbing Dudley limbs. Don’t jump at Geif.

But I’m a scrub and Flash is Top 8 Evo 2011 :[

wait are we talking about in dudley’s favor or giefs favor? I always get this mixed up

Geif’s favor.

Ok that’s what I thought. Against geifs I always fall into the habit of s.hp or f.hp then back dashing immediately to bait spd for ultra 1. I’ve tried playing footsies with f.mp but it usually never works. I feel like thats all I can do against giefs if they never jump other than doing a random walk up grab

Bullshit
it’s probably based on playing the FL dudley that still uses s.HK xx Duck on block

It’s more 6:4 in gief’s favor

I think it’s 7-3 if Gief has u2 stocked.

duck upper is the best anti air you can use vs gief

it’s 6:4

regular duck upper beats his jump forward MK for free

I’m not ‘using it wrong’, thank you very much, you presumptuous person. You think I’d be using it ‘wrong’ if I knew it was minus 2? Give me some credit.

-3 is just even more ridiculous. Doesn’t make it being -2 any less so.

In my opinion, if you’re using LP MGB on a blocking opponent (where -2 matters), you’re using it wrong. Dudley doesn’t need to go for chip damage (unless it’ll win), you’re sacrificing more than you’re gaining ending a blockstring in LP MGB and (crMP xx LP MGB) x N is something used against players who don’t know what to do about it.

Those are exactly the reasons why I DON’T use it in those situations. The point is, I’d like it to be an option. Dudley as a character is chock full of negative frames. On a character who’s supposed to be about getting inside and pressuring I find it very incongruous to his design to be slapping negative frames on pretty much everything.

That’s not to say he isn’t good at applying pressure. That’s not what I’m saying.

Cammy has nothing safe to do chip damage with (Spin Knuckle is useless for anything), 0 overheads and a terrible throw range. All her added frame advantage on block is useless because there’s 0 reason to not just block and is horribly obvious when she could be going for throw.

Dudley > Cammy in AE

Cannon spike no chip
Cannon Drill no chip

okay

Cannon Spike is her DP
Cannon Drill is not a safe move to chip with, opponent can move to make it whiff or hit them sooner so it’s unsafe
TK Cannon Strike was her chipping special and they took it out

o right
Cannon Strike does chip

Safe HK Drill range = use Dudley’s forward throw
See how many buttons stuff it, see how easy you can walk into range where you can punish with HP DP and sHK, see how easy it is to walk out range hit in recovery

Dudley has a better chip game than Cammy lol